Re: Patch Batus Mod 2.3 Full

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

OK thx, I'm uploading it right now :wink:
Ingwio
*S-S-M* - Chef
*S-S-M* - Chef

Beitrag von Ingwio »

OK i think the upload is running correctly and i have released.
Geschichte ist die Lüge, auf die man sich geeinigt hat.
Napoleon I. Bonaparte

Webmaster von:
Bild
Bild
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Perfect, thx mate :wink:
sPlizi
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von sPlizi »

Casquebleu hat geschrieben: 12.06.2017, 17:12
sPlizi hat geschrieben: 12.06.2017, 02:10 Do you plan to make them available in this site ?
Everything is already available mate. Follow this http://www.sudden-strike-maps.de/index. ... ding-tools

By the way, I could run SS3 on win 10 - 64bits, my Directplay was unactivated :roll:
This is awesome. Thanks a lot, really appreciated!

I wonder, since you were part of the original modding community, was there any way to edit/mod Particle effects, such as explosions or fire? Was there any tool for that, that you know of?

Do these console scripts have anything to do with that? I've just skimmed through them, I am yet to figure out how to use them and what for! Thanks, again.
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

To be honest, we didn't work on that part on the game as adding units, balancing the new units with the existing ones, modifying sounds, adding texture etc ... were a huge work for us.

You can share and post everything you discovered, that's the deal :wink:
sPlizi
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von sPlizi »

Casquebleu hat geschrieben: 13.06.2017, 18:26 To be honest, we didn't work on that part on the game as adding units, balancing the new units with the existing ones, modifying sounds, adding texture etc ... were a huge work for us.

I can imagine. There is not that much documentation laying around.

As for particles/effects, I have not found a way at all. I have no idea where to start, as well, since the particle files seem to be encrypted/compiled so I figure it is just the output of some other editor, just like the .mdl files.

One thing I found that might interest some people that are creating/editing .dsc files is that the Editor (DescEditor and ObjectEditor) is incomplete. If one opens the .dsc file of a Vehicle unit (I presume there may be other cases) using notepad, there are two XML entries that you cannot edit using the editor interface : <TargetPriorities> and <PriorityTable.

These are important, for example, if you want to set the behaviour of AA guns, or coaxial Machine Guns. They basically set an order for target selection (Firing at houses first, then howitzers, etc) and which guns to use for each target (Tank MG's for soldiers and soft targets).

Let's say you want to make a T-34 (which is classed as Tank instead of Mobile AA) fire at Airplanes, it is not enough to enable that specific fire mode under the <Gun> entry, as it lacks the correct entry in the priority table, causing the game to crash. The problem is that each "Target" has its own number, and it's quite difficult to figure out which one is what.

Therefore, it would be wise to depart from a dsc file that is already "Mobile AA", which has the correct priorities already set, and replace it with a T-34 model, copying over the gun stats, rather than trying to start from the T-34 desc and turn it into an "Mobile AA".
Gareth
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gareth »

So the download Batus Mod Full Version 2.3 is all I need? Just to make sure, silly me... :oops:
Free Ukraine from russian aggression!
Ingwio
*S-S-M* - Chef
*S-S-M* - Chef

Beitrag von Ingwio »

First sudden strike 3 and then the Batus Mod 2.3 to Media folder.
Geschichte ist die Lüge, auf die man sich geeinigt hat.
Napoleon I. Bonaparte

Webmaster von:
Bild
Bild
Feldpost
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Feldpost »

Casquebleu hat geschrieben: 12.06.2017, 17:12 By the way, I could run SS3 on win 10 - 64bits
best news of the day Casquebleu...
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Feldpost hat geschrieben: 14.06.2017, 18:44
Casquebleu hat geschrieben: 12.06.2017, 17:12 By the way, I could run SS3 on win 10 - 64bits
best news of the day Casquebleu...
Thx Feldpost, I wonder why DirectPlay is not activated on Win10 :aaa7
grenadier79
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von grenadier79 »

What does this mod do?
Feldpost
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Feldpost »

grenadier79 hat geschrieben: 21.08.2017, 17:06 What does this mod do?
The mod adds a large number of new units and a variety of skins for all theaters of war. The mod improves the way the game looks and sounds and provides the map makers with additional content to help them make better, more realistic and historically accurate maps and missions.
Apart from a few tweaks, the mod does not alter the gameplay.
hans302
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von hans302 »

i remember that Batus mod have version 3.0
So does Batus mod 3.0 or 2.3 is better
hans302
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von hans302 »

sPlizi hat geschrieben: 14.06.2017, 01:45
Casquebleu hat geschrieben: 13.06.2017, 18:26 To be honest, we didn't work on that part on the game as adding units, balancing the new units with the existing ones, modifying sounds, adding texture etc ... were a huge work for us.

I can imagine. There is not that much documentation laying around.

As for particles/effects, I have not found a way at all. I have no idea where to start, as well, since the particle files seem to be encrypted/compiled so I figure it is just the output of some other editor, just like the .mdl files.

One thing I found that might interest some people that are creating/editing .dsc files is that the Editor (DescEditor and ObjectEditor) is incomplete. If one opens the .dsc file of a Vehicle unit (I presume there may be other cases) using notepad, there are two XML entries that you cannot edit using the editor interface : <TargetPriorities> and <PriorityTable.

These are important, for example, if you want to set the behaviour of AA guns, or coaxial Machine Guns. They basically set an order for target selection (Firing at houses first, then howitzers, etc) and which guns to use for each target (Tank MG's for soldiers and soft targets).

Let's say you want to make a T-34 (which is classed as Tank instead of Mobile AA) fire at Airplanes, it is not enough to enable that specific fire mode under the <Gun> entry, as it lacks the correct entry in the priority table, causing the game to crash. The problem is that each "Target" has its own number, and it's quite difficult to figure out which one is what.

Therefore, it would be wise to depart from a dsc file that is already "Mobile AA", which has the correct priorities already set, and replace it with a T-34 model, copying over the gun stats, rather than trying to start from the T-34 desc and turn it into an "Mobile AA".
Hi,splizi .Do you remember me?
I think there is a method to figure out which is the number of a "Target".I think the answer is in objecteditor
Here:
1 is none(it is strange)
2 is APC
3 is tank
4 is gun
5 is soft
6 is man
7 is fortification
8 is Naval
9 is ship
10 is Howitzer
11 is plane
12 is bomber
13 is house
14 is lighttank
15 is unused 1
16 is unused 2
hans302
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von hans302 »

Hi,Casqueblue. Thanks for your patch.And I wondering that how to use console or how does it works. Thanks a lot :D
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sudden Strike 3 Mods“