New units and textures for download BATUS ©

Forum für Modifikationen.
Antworten
JOSS[WildCat]
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

New units and textures for download BATUS ©

Beitrag von JOSS[WildCat] »

This is the Additional Units and Skins Mod. Let’s call it a version 1.0, although I’m not sure if there will be another version. I didn’t do everything I had planned, but I promised that I would share everything, and I’m doing it now.
Anyone who wishes to use this stuff in his free mod is free to do so. In fact, I hope someone will. I would like to see more mods, and generally more interest in the game. There are some great mapmakers which will put these skins to good use.
I’m grateful to all you guys who have helped me with advice and information, especially Joss, who kept feeding me with information and color plates (even though he’ll probably never see his 3d models inserted into SS3), Marc Anton, whose skins I used and from whose initial work I learned a lot. Also, Casquebleu decided to join in the texture making and made winter and desert uniforms for soldiers, and you’ll get to see those in action soon.
As for myself, I intend to take break from SS3 (perhaps a long one). Like I said, I didn’t make all of the skins I had planned, but I’m a bit tired. It is not the drawing that I’m tired of (I can never get tired of that), I’m really tired of the depressing situation that the game and the community is in. FG has virtually disappeared (no news for seven months, ftps down), there is no support (except from Magic), no patches, and most importantly no mdl plugin. The community is constantly shrinking.
I am not quitting the game altogether, and I’m certainly not quitting the forum; I intentionally put this post here. I am simply stating that the situation is not great. Do not think that this is a criticism of Fireglow, because, after all, they have given us one of the best strategies ever. I just don’t understand why the heck it took so long to develop, why it was hardly advertised, and why FG didn’t communicate with the community at all (the only person who communicated with us is Magic, and he received a lot of the criticism that should probably have been directed elsewhere). Whatever the reason, things are the way they are.
There are three files you need to download: descs.pack, models.pack, and modeltextures.pack. To install them, copy them to the Media folder, but first backup your original descs, models and modeltextures. Sorry for the crude solution, but maybe one day there will be a switcher. Keep in mind that it hasn’t been tested so there may be a few bugs.
This is what the mod contains:
-most of the existing skins have been improved: soldier textures are less colorful and appear more realistic, allied vehicles are in olive drab, German vehicles are in dunkelgrau without so much rust, Soviet vehicles are in dark green without so much rust, Italian vehicles are in dark olive green, Japanese vehicles and artillery are in their khaki brown.
-some new units were added through modification of existing units.
-most units have different skins for various theaters; there are plenty of German camos for Africa, Europe and winter.
Map makers who are not sure which skins to use where can always ask me, I’ll be glad to help as much as I can.
Have fun with the additional units and the skins.
Regards, Batus

Descs:
http://www.slingfile.com/file/30969-2203141be8.html

Models:
http://www.slingfile.com/file/30977-40176961a2.html

Model Textures:
http://www.slingfile.com/file/30981-3046275a11.html

Bild
Bild
JOSS[WildCat]
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Re: New units and textures for download BATUS ©

Beitrag von JOSS[WildCat] »

EDITED 2009/03/10:

The latest version of the mod can be downloaded here:

http://xmen.eliott-ness.com/download/je ... d_v1.1.rar

The changes made by Casquebleu and Frogsfriend are:
- Added units icons in the editor
- Fixed textures for m3a1_halftrack_winter, 37mm_m3a1_winter, group_warehouse_grey_steel_hangar_01, group_workshop_brown_brick_building_01, group_residence_church_02.
- Added winter camos for 3_7inch_inf_howitzer_mk_ii_winter, 15cm_sfh18_winter
- New winter trench
- In the editor, new units can now be used in reinforcement window.
Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sudden Strike 3 Mods“