Wesel counter attack (512^2)

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
Antworten
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Re: Wesel counter attack (512^2)

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

nevux hat geschrieben:Thanks,

Have you got anything in the pipeline atm? What about your Hurtgenwald map? Or did you delegate the script-part entirely to Gehtnix?

I did, but haven't heard of him in a while. Still got my Crete map without script on my hd...but as I'm too stupid for scripting, I fear it'll never be released.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Just try scripting something yourself, it's a lot easier than it seems. The 'synthaxis' of scripts is expressive and doesn't require any traditional programming skills (as im sure you already know). If you need any help I'm happy to assist you.
Markus1987
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Markus1987 »

Nice Pics
tscho6730
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von tscho6730 »

nevux hat geschrieben:Just try scripting something yourself, it's a lot easier than it seems. The 'synthaxis' of scripts is expressive and doesn't require any traditional programming skills (as im sure you already know). If you need any help I'm happy to assist you.
I agree , its easier as it seems, but its not soo easy as you tell here. Especially for large/very large maps , and if you want to simulate some random element. You have to be well organized , and the limited number of locations and AI-groups is a real mess. :wink:

After 2 1/2 months of working on my first map I know its a lot of fuckin' hard work to get it done. :shock:
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

True that. Organization is key. It's best to document your use of variables to avoid having to spend forever trying to figure out what a timer or cell was used for.

What are you working on btw?
tscho6730
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von tscho6730 »

nevux hat geschrieben:True that. Organization is key. It's best to document your use of variables to avoid having to spend forever trying to figure out what a timer or cell was used for.

What are you working on btw?
Fictive Scenario. A tale about a German Major getting serious trouble in Russia after having a too close look at his Fieldmarshalls daughter .... :wink: But there is still a lot of work to do before I will be able to show the first delta version to public.
Dateianhänge
252-11.jpg
252-11.jpg (3.85 MiB) 10982 mal betrachtet
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Looks really sweet. I appreciate your discipline in creating consistent, realistic looking woods. All vegetation seems to be matching in terms of season, thats also a nice detail. I also like how you have condensed the vegetation into sizable woods, interspersed with fields of varying sizes. I dont really know what to make of them, but the yellow, sandy lines cut nicely into the terrain giving the map a sense of depth. Great work

On a critical note I would suggest adding a bit more variation in the arrangement of buildings in urban areas of the map. Your cities and towns do effect a slight 'parkinglot' feeling atm.
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hallo,

eine schöne Karte.
Wie Nevux bereits schrieb, könnten die Häuser anders zueinander platziert werden. Nicht jedes Haus steht in der Realität einzeln.

Die Straßen schneiden direkt gerade durch die Karte.
Wie wäre es hier mit ein paar Kurven?

Gruß Ente
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Hi

I'm now playtesting the map .. again .. I've implemented several considerable gameplay changes because the previous versions of the map were just too damn hard. This means more reinforcements, even less frequent attacks, less heavy AT guns for the enemy and more cappable guns (most 17 pounders are now cappable without sabotage). Also jabo attacks are less frequent, although now involvng more aircraft per attack.

I will take some snapshots as I progress through the mission to give you an impression of the game.

I'm burning through my fuel supply at an alarming rate so I will probably have to assemble an attack group of just a few heavy tanks and use it to capture some enemy fuel as I don't have enough gas left to refuel a large number of tanks for a mass attack. Resources are the main incentive in this mission as any approach that holds them secondary will result in loss of mobility, nullifying your offensive capability.

I have just repelled a massive attack from multiple directions with minimal casualties. I did have to reload the game to achieve this result as I was caught by surprise on the first go and lost control of the supply station, leaving the wespe battery stationed there all but destroyed.

Unfortunately, Diersfordt (town in west) was lost after I put my guns there on hold fire to prevent them wasting ammo on infantry. I then forgot to toggle it off again causing the town to be overrun by cromwell supported infantry.
gr
Dateianhänge
Wespe battery being resupplied at the captured supply station
Wespe battery being resupplied at the captured supply station
new1.jpg (1.31 MiB) 10871 mal betrachtet
Flak and captured enemy guns taking advantage of high ground. this spot is the only solid crossing of the canal. Here, I have destroyed all bridges forcing the enemy to advance across my strong point.
Flak and captured enemy guns taking advantage of high ground. this spot is the only solid crossing of the canal. Here, I have destroyed all bridges forcing the enemy to advance across my strong point.
new2.jpg (1.33 MiB) 10871 mal betrachtet
A captured Achilles and 17 pdr holding a position at the first Issel crossing after destroying the bridge.
A captured Achilles and 17 pdr holding a position at the first Issel crossing after destroying the bridge.
new3.jpg (1.31 MiB) 10871 mal betrachtet
Canal bridges were destroyed to contain enemy movement toward Drevenack. Of course this works two ways as I'm now forced to advance across the center of the map.
Canal bridges were destroyed to contain enemy movement toward Drevenack. Of course this works two ways as I'm now forced to advance across the center of the map.
new4.jpg (1.18 MiB) 10871 mal betrachtet
stats so far. If Im correct the time displayed is the real world time, not the ingame time. This does require saying say I usually play at 25% of maximum game speed.. 'slow' as some might call it.
stats so far. If Im correct the time displayed is the real world time, not the ingame time. This does require saying say I usually play at 25% of maximum game speed.. 'slow' as some might call it.
stats.jpg (591.85 KiB) 10866 mal betrachtet
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

BETA 2:

I gave up after about 10 hours of play. The outcome of my offensive fell way short of the ambitious objectives. I did destroy all 3 Issel bridges but was forced to withdraw across the northern canal when my Tiger led spearhead was annihilated near Hamminkeln. I then blew up the bridges across the canal to seal my right flank so I could point my attack in the direction of the Rhine, across the crossroads. I did captuere the crossroads but lost the bulk of my armour in a series of enemy attacks that followed which completely exhausted my offensive capability.
My poor skill may partially explain although I expect the mission will be a challenge for most player.
Dateianhänge
Wesel counter attack (Unternehmen Landsknecht) BETA 2.rar
(1.31 MiB) 737-mal heruntergeladen
My jagdpanter platoon was able to capture the crossroads but was annihilated by jabo's shortly after.
My jagdpanter platoon was able to capture the crossroads but was annihilated by jabo's shortly after.
defeat1.jpg (1.32 MiB) 10802 mal betrachtet
Map with objectives/highlights
Map with objectives/highlights
map.jpg (3.16 MiB) 10802 mal betrachtet
final stats.jpg
final stats.jpg (626.93 KiB) 10793 mal betrachtet
Viking
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von Viking »

So your telling us you get beaten up on your own map? :lol:
DWD, DH, DR, Br@vo bin somit nicht so jung mehr...
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Viking hat geschrieben:So your telling us you get beaten up on your own map? :lol:
yes :(. It fits the scenario to lose though. A grand strategic victory for Germany in late march 1945 seems highly unrealistic given the war situation. This doesn't mean the game cannot be won but I expect it to be very hard for most players. Personally, I think it's more fun to struggle and lose then to win a game with ease.

Looking forward to any feedback

gr,

Nevux
IvanSunja
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von IvanSunja »

After 360 minutes 50 +\- enemy airplanes attack my defence in Diersfordt and destroyed all my units! Error in script or ?
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Your troops in Diersfordt were overrun and wiped out? Thats possible. When your garrison in Diersfordt has sustained substantial casualties the hold-ground orders are lifted , after which you may attempt to break out through the Diersfordt forest.
comandos
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von comandos »

Can you give me the map work to play, I want to spend time on leisure
maps.src to throw into :D
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“