Highlight: 2.75 beta6 released!

Chinese Standalone Mod für Sudden Strike Resource War.
Antworten
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich
Re: Highlight: 2.75 beta6 released!

Beitrag von For Real WW2 feeling »

Aïe aïe aïe! I launched HunButyok, how stop him? ;) ("humour" my European friend)
...Please tell us which units, objects or parameters you want to be changed instead of useless nonsense...
...Would you like to see changes? Suggest to them...
In a WW2 game or mod, my suggestion is
NO PROTOTYPES! NO RARE UNITS! NOT UNITS outside WW2 DATE!

Because I play WW2 game for play feeling WW2 game!
When I play Roman empire game, I dont want see Aztec unities! or Chineses vs Celtics nations!

And if I play Napoleon wars, I dont want Japanese samurai vs french napoleon army!
Or see 1871 war units in 1800/1815 period war!
IT'S UNDERSTANDABLE FOR YOU THIS?? IT'S LOGICAL ENOUGH? IT'S MATURE ENOUGH??

And because! If you include protypes, rare or outside date WW2 units in a game (mod or not),
you will find these units in practically all the maps (MP same SP).
You have a good example: HS2!

Or so, just tell me, "SSL is not a WW2 game, but a science-fiction game!" (*)...
and the discussion will be completed ;)

(*) Or WW2 for babies... LOL!
Zuletzt geändert von For Real WW2 feeling am 07.09.2010, 16:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Visit a very good RWM SITE (with RWM units tables & many infos & dl...)(UK)
Bild
Packard
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Packard »

NO PROTOTYPES! NO RARE UNITS! NOT UNITS outside WW2 DATE!
We know this problem from RWM. But like Butyok wrote, it is a mistake of the mappers, which use false units.

But as for as prototypes were used in reality we could use them in maps.

Units outside WW2 could be used in maps outside WW2 like some mods did, which deal with other wars.

I think the Liberation modders have spent years of time without payment to give us their mod. They have deserved a litlle thank and respect. And even a very critical and antagonistic user will agree, there are many new things which are worth to keep. I mean all the houses, fortresses and units. And they are not all prototypes or outside WW2.
sunjin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von sunjin »

All Chinese modders have their own job and they creat this mod just for interests and a zeal in their free time. I was told that some modders have headache and little sleep. It's a nonprofit game.
Many Sudden Strike modders(all mods) not only want more people to play the game, but also let people be interested in the history (though their mods might be larger than life).As a result, some of the players will surely be interested in the history and look for more info about the battle ,the campaign, the cause and the commanders on the Internet or in the books. This is more meaningful!
If a computer game company can support the modders, the consequency will be much different.There will surely be two mods: one for the Pro like you and one for the So called baby like me! However, Sudden Strike is not a mainstream game in China at present, so it is neglected.
Packard
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Packard »

But one thing i still not understand: why should we play only WW2 games?
sunjin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von sunjin »

Packard hat geschrieben:But one thing i still not understand: why should we play only WW2 games?
Buddy, tell Obama that you wanna play WW3 game, then America will invade Iran and N.Korea. CDV will surely release a relative mod! Lol! just a joke!

I hate War. I know you do too.

no more WWX game!( X ≥ 3) Peace forever!

Regards!
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

I don't like prototypes, I never use them when I'm making a map.

The main problem is this:

Bild

This is the real vannilla:

autumn 1942, Stalingrad:

M5 High-speed tractor were in soviet service in 1944.
The Schienenflakpanzer Steyr (the armoured train car with 4X2 cm flak 38) made in late 1943.
Camouflaged Sd.Kfz. 251 NEVER was in 1942. After autumn of 1943 started the camo painting.

These units are more terrible than the prototypes. The camouflaged Sd.Kfz 251 in 1942 is similar to SCUD missile system. :D

I played with Hidden Sh*t 2 (sorry guys, but I don't like this game) and in a MP game I saw Ba-10 armoured car in Berlin!!!
In this map there was thre complete german Armoured Division! :aaa1 Who is this crazy and ignorant guy who makes unhistorical, vanilla arcade MP maps???? After this, I never wonder the prototypes. Lot of payers know nothing about WW2. Only Tiger, T-34 and Sherman.

I know lot of ingorant mappers will make maps with the beautyful Liberation units. Lot of them will use incorrect units. This is my nightmare. USA vs UK battle? It's equal, if there are Matilda II and Comet tanks in frontline service on this map.

Oh, I have found a Liberation bug:

Sd.Kfz 9 supply truck!

The Sd.Kfz.9 was a heavy artillery tractor in late 30's. The unit in Liberation the Sd.Kfz.9/1 with the smaller, 6-ton crane.

Please correct the name of the units, becouse the model is the SD.Kfz.9/1, not the Sd.Kfz.9.
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

I agree with Sunjin! Greetings my friend!
Bild
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Understand me well, I dont want, and speak, about a total perfect WW2 historical mod or game
(and with the actual technologie, impossible in a video game, or we to name that a "simulator" game).
But I speak about a game or mod with a minimum to feeling realism, so a minimum realistic immersion... pleaaaassssureeee... arrrrffff

Exist 3 level immersion in historical (or technical) video game:

- "Simulator"
(type "flight simulator" by example)(game often complicated and difficult to "take in hand")
(the preference to HunButyok ;) )

- "Feeling immersion"
("feeling" = not the perfect realism or historical, but as close as possible
with limited resources and "take in hand" to this game type often rapid)

- "Vanilla/arcade"
(often like that for commercial reasons and attractive for the greatest number
(to players). All is permitted, so historical become "fantastic" or "science-fiction")

Make your choice
Bild
Marlboro
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Marlboro »

Hehe i agree with Packard and HunButyok... inconsistent maps and stupid unit reinforcements script make maps "vanill" but not the mod and also why only ww2 game? with some rares and prototypes maps could have alternate history scenarios... wich are fun and interesting by my account.

Thanks for this wonderful mod and keep up this fantastic work you've done so far! EXCELLENT mod!
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Yes, I understand you. I hope you will enjoy my beta version. :roll:

Nothing prototypes, historical units in historical battles. But... they were some experimental vehicles in the desert too. I have putted Flammpanzerwagen I (Field modification of a Panzer I tank with a FmW 35 flamethrower) becouse it was used in Tobruk 1941. And I will put 5 cm PaK 38 auf selbsfahrlafette Panzerkampwfwagen II. (Panzer with 5 cm AT-gun). It was used in Tunisia in early '43. :D (Only one Flammpanzer I built and only one 5 cm tank destroyer built.) But in these small battles they are important units.

I'm making some missions for my beta version, and for example I don't know which type of armoured vehicles supported th indian divisions in Iran in 1941. I'll put Vickers Mk. VI B tank to the map. It will be maybe good. :oops:
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Sorry for my OFF again!

Oh, it comes to my mind: the Tiger I will be a rare fantasy unit in my AXPRM trilogy becouse I'm making mod between September 1939 and february 1943. :D The Tiger I will be a rare unit. :D

Andy es FRWW2 feeling: it will be a "fieldmarschall" simulator. :D No more "automatic" howitzers (25 shells in the barrel of the s.FH 18)l military10 , no more Anti Aircraft guns with 600 shells. (For example british (and many nations) 40 mm Bofors autocannon has only one magazine of shells (british version 6 rounds magazine, finnish version 4 rounds magazine, hungarian version 5 rounds magazine). After a magazine the gun must be reloaded. The gun crew unit put a new magazine into the autocannon and they fire again.

And yes, I don't like balanced MP maps. I like historical MP maps. For example when the polish players can hold their lines for 3 hours, the Polish players win against germans in 1939.

I think I will make a MP instruction for AXPRM. The players will be very angry when they see the six more bigger soviet army against the finnish soldiers. :D I have to write that finnish units can not occupy soviet territories becouse they are weak and they have very good defensive weapons. The finnish objective is to hold the Mannerheim line until the soviet offensive fall down. (Soviet reinforcement stooped, the ammoboxes of the soviets are empty.)

Like in real history in Winter War: USSR with big army but very bad logistics, bad morale, recruit soldiers, bad tactics and so on. Finnish soldiers with good moral, good defensive positions, good weapons (mixed and captured).

That's what we like in Hungary. Not the "Vannila arcade" games with balanced armies (when the armies would be balanced, the WW2 will be an thousand years war. :D ), BA-10 armoured cars in Berlin, Matilda II-s in Rhine-crossing, or Schienenpanzer Steyr in 1939. :D
Bild
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Beitrag von GeorgiSchukow »

And yes, I don't like balanced MP maps. I like historical MP maps. For example when the polish players can hold their lines for 3 hours, the Polish players win against germans in 1939.
Not it's me excusing for the Off-Topic.I agree with thaat with one exception - the fun while playing a map should still be existing!
sunjin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von sunjin »

GeorgiSchukow hat geschrieben:
Not it's me excusing for the Off-Topic.I agree with thaat with one exception - the fun while playing a map should still be existing!
So it's a good suggestion that introducing defeat mode into MP game.(under which rule you defeat your opponent !)
Such as wipe out all the enemy or hold the position for some time or take all the balloons.
Packard
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Packard »

tell Obama that you wanna play WW3 game
But my whisky evening with him is already over this week. :mrgreen: And he might take it serious...

Actually i like WW2 games most. But it doesnt mean i play no other games at all.

Realism in Sudden Strike must be limited. Because if we would have a perfect realistic game we would not even have a choice what to do. Because every little thing is predetermined, as we know the historical facts. It would be a video, where the player can only watch.

And it would not be interesting all the time. How many times the soldiers had to wait, make exercises or fight against nature for months. And then maybe they have a fight with no chance. I dont want to play such a game... military16
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Marlboro hat geschrieben:Hehe i agree with Packard and HunButyok... inconsistent maps and stupid unit reinforcements script make maps "vanill" but not the mod and also why only ww2 game? with some rares and prototypes maps could have alternate history scenarios... wich are fun and interesting by my account.
Thanks for this wonderful mod and keep up this fantastic work you've done so far! EXCELLENT mod!
Same I have already say
"Because! If you include protypes, rare or outside date WW2 units in a game (mod or not), you will find these units in practically all the maps (MP same SP).
You have a good example: HS2!"

But... If rare units and prototypes tanks are includs in your science-fiction mod... why not includ aircraft units? Jet aircraft, helicopter and Co... Go, go, go men's ! And I m sure exist also much rifles, machingun and guns prototypes in 1939/1950. Go, go, go men's! Don't hesitate now! The largest (joke) has already been done. Probably trains, ships and special units, exist also in prototype! Don't hesitate! To the point where we are... :aaa6 Ha, Ha!
Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „Liberation Mod (SS RW)“