SS RW Standalone Mod.

Moderator: combo

nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: Known bugs in Alpha version

Beitrag von nevux »

1)
AA guns (Flak 20mm / 37mm ) are incredibly ineffective against infantry. Was this done intentionally?

The same goes for larger calible guns .. they literally do NO damage unless a soldier is hit directly. IMO cannons should have some splash damage to hurt nearby troops even when no direct hit is achieved.

2)
Tracer round colors for machine guns. After looking into this subject for a while, these are what I BELIEVE to be the correct colors by faction:
Germans - white / yellow
Soviet - green
USA/GB - red

Also , IMO it wouldn't hurt if the tracers were slighly larger and more visible. The current tracers are so small you can hardly see them over terrain textures.
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

Hello, my friend!
nevux hat geschrieben:1) AA guns (Flak 20mm / 37mm ) are incredibly ineffective against infantry. Was this done intentionally?
Hmm.. Infantry not must be a meat. :) But he must die from one dirrect hit of 20/37 mm shell.
nevux hat geschrieben:The same goes for larger calible guns .. they literally do NO damage unless a soldier is hit directly. IMO cannons should have some splash damage to hurt nearby troops even when no direct hit is achieved.
Yep, it is troubles with splash damage. Need fix damage system. Is only in next versions of mod.
nevux hat geschrieben:2) Tracer round colors for machine guns. After looking into this subject for a while, these are what I BELIEVE to be the correct colors by faction:
Germans - white / yellow
Soviet - green
USA/GB - red
Also , IMO it wouldn't hurt if the tracers were slighly larger and more visible. The current tracers are so small you can hardly see them over terrain textures.
Yep, try do it in next versions. ;)
Member of WWM-team

Bild
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

IS2 crews are very easily knocked out, even when the tank itself takes no damage. This doesn't seem to work for the Tiger2. For the Tiger2, ,crews also take damage from guns that cannot penetrate but this occurs at a much slower rate.

IMO this makes the IS2 highly prone to exploits. Simply engage it with a bunch of pzIV and voila, you have a fresh IS2 to add to your army.

This strategy works for all engagements where armor penetration of the attacking vehicle is not sufficient to achieve a penetratrion. Panzer IV vs Panther frontally.. no damage to vehicle but still there is a chance of the crew being knocked out.
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

military18
nevux hat geschrieben:IS2 crews are very easily knocked out, even when the tank itself takes no damage. This doesn't seem to work for the Tiger2. For the Tiger2, ,crews also take damage from guns that cannot penetrate but this occurs at a much slower rate.
IMO this makes the IS2 highly prone to exploits. Simply engage it with a bunch of pzIV and voila, you have a fresh IS2 to add to your army.
This strategy works for all engagements where armor penetration of the attacking vehicle is not sufficient to achieve a penetratrion. Panzer IV vs Panther frontally.. no damage to vehicle but still there is a chance of the crew being knocked out.
In the current system has shortcomings.
I plan to remake it in the future.
Member of WWM-team

Bild
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

M5 76 mm AT gun (USA) cannot be pulled by crew, unlike German equivalent Pak40
IvanSunja
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von IvanSunja »

Same objects.
same objects.png
same objects.png (831.24 KiB) 11020 mal betrachtet
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Wehrmacht mp-44 gunner has SS portait.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Pak 36(r) cannot fire
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

IS-2 crew vulnerable to small caliber fire. Even 20mm will injure and kill IS-2 crews which completely eliminates the usability of the IS-2 as an AI vehicle. Plz fix this ASAP or I wont be able to use the IS-2 in any of my games.
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

I got the chance for downloading this mod and must admit: Great work!

While creating a first map in the winter sheme I found the following bug: Some trees - especially the new ones - are not shown on the tactical map. This reflects the tactical map in the editor as well as the tactical map in a mission. I'don't know, whether this has been mentioned before and also don't know, whether it is only in the winter sheme, but there I first nitoced it.

Kind regards and good luck for this great work!
8)
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

Hello!
Arnold hat geschrieben:I got the chance for downloading this mod and must admit: Great work!
Thanks! ;)
Arnold hat geschrieben:While creating a first map in the winter sheme I found the following bug: Some trees - especially the new ones - are not shown on the tactical map. This reflects the tactical map in the editor as well as the tactical map in a mission. I'don't know, whether this has been mentioned before and also don't know, whether it is only in the winter sheme, but there I first nitoced it.
Unfortunately, we haven't tools for fix this. :(
Member of WWM-team

Bild
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

In the winter sheme, the horse wagon, which can be used for repair end replenish, reloads its loadout incredible fast. With this wagon you won't need an ammunition box any more. :D

In the Pacific sheme, the Type 1 HoNi becomes a wreck, before totally destroyed. It changes its appearance, but continues to fire.

Kind regards
8)
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

After some overall impression I would also say, that visibility and range of view will be the most challenging aspects for fine tuning.

Apart from this:
I found out, that when using the binoculars by an officer or someone else, they will fix onto the aimed direction, but will stop observing after some seconds. After a while they will resume and will switch between these two behaviors. Due to the aspect, that this doesn't make any sense I consider it as a bug. It should be possible to observe with binoculars constantly.

Kind regards
8)
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

Arnold hat geschrieben:After some overall impression I would also say, that visibility and range of view will be the most challenging aspects for fine tuning.
Hello!
I have already said about binoculars here. :)
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=10567&start=75#p82440
Member of WWM-team

Bild
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

I've now finished my first mission in this mod and got first impressions during several skirmishes. When activating an enemy Katyusha battery by script to move from one zone to another I always got a system crash. I've tested several options with always the same result.
:aaa1
Antworten

Zurück zu „World at War Mod“