Fäby - Battles of Khalkhin Gol (Battles of Nomonhan)

SS RW Standalone Mod.

Moderator: combo

Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Fäby - Battles of Khalkhin Gol (Battles of Nomonhan)

Beitrag von Fäby »

Hello, military18

my first map for WWM will be the Soviet–Japanese border conflicts fought among the Soviet Union, Mongolia and the Empire of Japan in 1939. (11 May – 16 September 1939)
Map Size: 256*256
Multiplayer : Soviet Union vs Japan (3vs3 or 4vs4)

The incident began on 11 May 1939. A Mongolian cavalry unit of some 70–90 men had entered the disputed area in search of grazing for their horses. On that day, Manchukuoan cavalry attacked the Mongolians and drove them back across the river Khalkhin Gol. On 13 May, the Mongolian force returned in greater numbers and the Manchukoans were unable to dislodge them.........

.......Both sides began building up their forces in the area: soon Japan had 30,000 men in the theater. The Soviets dispatched a new Corps commander, Comcor Georgy Zhukov, who arrived on 5 June and brought more motorized and armored forces (I Army Group) to the combat zone. Accompanying Zhukov was Comcor Yakov Smushkevich with his aviation unit. J. Lkhagvasuren, Corps Commissar of the Mongolian People's Revolutionary Army, was appointed Zhukov's deputy.....

......On 27 June, IJAF's 2nd Air Brigade (2nd AB) struck the Soviet air base at Tamsak-Bulak in Mongolia. The Japanese won this engagement, but the strike had been ordered by the Kwangtung Army without getting permission from Imperial Japanese Army headquarters in Tokyo. In an effort to prevent the incident from escalating, Tokyo promptly ordered the Japanese Army Air Force to not conduct any more air strikes against Soviet airbases.......

Lt. Gen. Yasuoka Masaomi, IJA, Commanding Officer, 1st Tank Corps

3rd Tank Regiment[13]
Type 89 I-Go medium tanks - 26
Type 97 Chi-Ha medium tanks - 4
Type 94 tankettes - 7
Type 97 Te-Ke tankettes - 4
4th Tank Regiment[14]
Type 95 Ha-Go light tanks - 35
Type 89 I-Go medium tanks - 8
Type 94 tankettes - 3

At first some historical pictures military7
Dateianhänge
Nomonhan.jpg
Nomonhan.jpg (20.61 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Battle of Khalkhin Gol Mongolian cavalry.jpg
Battle of Khalkhin Gol Mongolian cavalry.jpg (369.78 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
MNRA soldiers 1939.jpg
MNRA soldiers 1939.jpg (106.02 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Khalkhin Gol Destroyed Soviet plane 1939.jpg
Khalkhin Gol Destroyed Soviet plane 1939.jpg (142.88 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Khalkhin Gol Japanese pilots 1939.jpg
Khalkhin Gol Japanese pilots 1939.jpg (160.86 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Japanese soldiers cross Khalkhyn Gol river 1939.jpg
Japanese soldiers cross Khalkhyn Gol river 1939.jpg (61.98 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
SovietArmouredVehicle Ba-10.jpg
SovietArmouredVehicle Ba-10.jpg (19.22 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Re: Battles of Khalkhin Gol (Battles of Nomonhan)

Beitrag von Fäby »

More pictures and some screens of the map by testing the units, houses and so on...
Dateianhänge
Khalkhin Gol Soviet offensive 1939.jpg
Khalkhin Gol Soviet offensive 1939.jpg (82.79 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Soviet tanks cross Khalkhin Gol river 1939.jpg
Soviet tanks cross Khalkhin Gol river 1939.jpg (256.03 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Type 95 Ha-Go captured by soviet.JPG
Type 95 Ha-Go captured by soviet.JPG (89.28 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Khalkhin Gol river pontonbridge.jpg
Khalkhin Gol river pontonbridge.jpg (330.16 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Soviet Camp.jpg
Soviet Camp.jpg (374.25 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Soviet Airfield.jpg
Soviet Airfield.jpg (343.15 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
Soviet Airfield Fuel depot.jpg
Soviet Airfield Fuel depot.jpg (310.04 KiB) 13794 mal betrachtet
tom
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von tom »

Hi.

looks nice.

Here´s a scientific research of this engagement including TOEs, movements and tactics

http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/cgsc/carl/d ... t_1939.pdf

Yours

tom :wink:
Krieg ist die Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln. Es erhebt sich nur die Frage, ob er immer nötig ist. Wehret den Anfängen!!!!!

Bild
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

Fäby hat geschrieben:Hello, military18
my first map for WWM will be the Soviet–Japanese border conflicts fought among the Soviet Union, Mongolia and the Empire of Japan in 1939. (11 May – 16 September 1939)
Map Size: 256*256
Multiplayer : Soviet Union vs Japan (3vs3 or 4vs4)
Wow! Very unexpected theme for multi-mission! Cute map design. :wink: :aaa2 Success in your work! military4
I still dream to make myself single-mission on this theme! :)
Member of WWM-team

Bild
Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Fäby »

tom hat geschrieben: Here´s a scientific research of this engagement including TOEs, movements and tactics
Perfect. :shock: Big thx, Tom! military18
very very helpful.
combo hat geschrieben:Wow! Very unexpected theme for multi-mission! Cute map design. :wink: :aaa2 Success in your work! military4
I still dream to make myself single-mission on this theme! :)
thank you.
And if the map is ready i can send it to you and if u like it. Maybe you can use it for Singelplayer. :wink:
Ironman
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Ironman »

I think this conflict between these two nations is not as popular or mentioned as much as other theatres of ww2 and recommend a single player campaign for this mod would be a good idea.
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

Fäby hat geschrieben:Perfect. :shock: Big thx, Tom! military18
very very helpful.
I can give you 2 books, but they on russian. military10
Fäby hat geschrieben:And if the map is ready i can send it to you and if u like it. Maybe you can use it for Singelplayer. :wink:
Hmm.. Is good idea, but now I have absolutely no time for the mission. :( Maybe in future. :wink:
And I forgot to say - of buildings in buttle area were maximum trenches, wooden pillbox and tents/yurts. Hangars for aircraft and towers there was not exact. military7
Ironman hat geschrieben:I think this conflict between these two nations is not as popular or mentioned as much as other theatres of ww2 and recommend a single player campaign for this mod would be a good idea.
I have long dreamed show Battle of Lake Khasan in 1938, Battles of Khalkhin Gol in 1939 and Soviet–Japanese War in 1945. :? :roll:
Member of WWM-team

Bild
tom

Beitrag von tom »

Hi.

Khalkin-Gol was covered by the japanese campaign in Hidden Stroke II but not really historically correct.

I started building maps for Lake Khasan (PWM2) engagement and the soviet assault on the massive japanese border fortress at Koutu in August 1945 (Hidden Stroke II). But none of these maps was done for more than 30% and they can´t be opened by the WWM-Editor. (error message"can not open map").

I tried to open maps from several Mods (RWM 6.8, RWM 8 Beta 2, PWM 2, SuSt II, Hidden Stroke II) but the only map I was able to open so far was a PWM 2 jungle scheme map

By the way, following my sources there were no Type 97 Tankettes at Nomonhan.....

Yours

Krieg ist die Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln. Es erhebt sich nur die Frage, ob er immer nötig ist. Wehret den Anfängen!!!!!

Bild
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

tom hat geschrieben:Khalkin-Gol was covered by the japanese campaign in Hidden Stroke II but not really historically correct.
To say the least :D
tom hat geschrieben:I started building maps for Lake Khasan (PWM2) engagement and the soviet assault on the massive japanese border fortress at Koutu in August 1945 (Hidden Stroke II). But none of these maps was done for more than 30% and they can´t be opened by the WWM-Editor. (error message"can not open map").
I tried to open maps from several Mods (RWM 6.8, RWM 8 Beta 2, PWM 2, SuSt II, Hidden Stroke II) but the only map I was able to open so far was a PWM 2 jungle scheme map
Can you give me this is maps? I'lltry to open it. :roll:
tom hat geschrieben:By the way, following my sources there were no Type 97 Tankettes at Nomonhan.....
In russian books and Wiki said, what 4 Te-ke was first combat use in 1939 at Nomonhan in 3-rd tank regiment. :roll:
Member of WWM-team

Bild
tom

Beitrag von tom »

Hi.
combo hat geschrieben:....
tom hat geschrieben:I started building maps for Lake Khasan (PWM2) engagement and the soviet assault on the massive japanese border fortress at Koutu in August 1945 (Hidden Stroke II). But none of these maps was done for more than 30% and they can´t be opened by the WWM-Editor. (error message"can not open map").
Can you give me this is maps? I'lltry to open it. :roll:
tom hat geschrieben:By the way, following my sources there were no Type 97 Tankettes at Nomonhan.....
In russian books and Wiki said, what 4 Te-ke was first combat use in 1939 at Nomonhan in 3-rd tank regiment. :roll:
Well, production of Type 97 Te-Ke started in early 1939 and the built vehicle were primarely issued to the cavalry recon battalions of the infantry divisions. So I doubt that a tank unit had got them that early. In addition Taki doesn´t mention them on his website .

The Lake Khasan map was on a crashed HD drive. I couldn´t restore it. I send u some not openable maps per PM.

Yours

Bild
Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Fäby »

combo hat geschrieben:Hmm.. Is good idea, but now I have absolutely no time for the mission. :( Maybe in future. :wink:
Yes, in future. Map is not ready yet and I need some time for building maps. military7
I am not the fastest. :aaa2
combo hat geschrieben:And I forgot to say - of buildings in buttle area were maximum trenches, wooden pillbox and tents/yurts. Hangars for aircraft and towers there was not exact. military7
Thx for the Info, now i have read it, too. Only in Nomonhan were some buildings and a small Trainstations for the Japanese. I have correct it. military9
Thx, too. And good to know. military7

military18
Dateianhänge
Soviet Airfield -2-.jpg
Soviet Airfield -2-.jpg (324.65 KiB) 13659 mal betrachtet
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

military18
Fäby hat geschrieben:Thx for the Info, now i have read it, too. Only in Nomonhan were some buildings and a small Trainstations for the Japanese. I have correct it. military9
Good work! military4 :aaa2
Member of WWM-team

Bild
Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Fäby »

New Screenshots military18
Dateianhänge
Jap. Airfield -1-.jpg
Jap. Airfield -1-.jpg (322.79 KiB) 13585 mal betrachtet
Jap. Airfield -2-.jpg
Jap. Airfield -2-.jpg (293.01 KiB) 13585 mal betrachtet
TrainStation.jpg
TrainStation.jpg (389.24 KiB) 13585 mal betrachtet
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

military18
Fäby hat geschrieben:New Screenshots military18
Very good work! :aaa2
Oh my God, what a meager scheme we have... :( :o :? Necessarily need to supplement it with objects in future. :roll:
Member of WWM-team

Bild
Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Fäby »

combo hat geschrieben:Oh my God, what a meager scheme we have... :( :o :? Necessarily need to supplement it with objects in future. :roll:
No no, it is ok. There are a lot of objekts! The Map is not ready yet, the whole area at the river is still naked. (Info Screen)

The only think, i need more normal trees in the jungel sheme. Because I can not use palms for this map. military9
Dateianhänge
Info.jpg
Info.jpg (226.65 KiB) 13570 mal betrachtet
Antworten

Zurück zu „World at War Mod“