Moderator: rashidudin

Antworten
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

SP-Map "Search and Destroy"

Beitrag von Arnold »

Hi guys,

in the attachment you'll find my first mission for the new Vietnam-mod, which I particularly like.

It's a singleplayer-map USA vs. VC/NVA, which is a kind of testmap for me, to get a first impression about the units and its opportunities. So far I haven't been able to play the mission up to the end, but during my trials I've reached the last mission order, so I expect, that everything will go right.

I think, that this mission shows clearly all strengths and great aspects of this new mod as well as its drawbacks and problems. For me the biggest thing is still the lack of armor at most M-113 models which is a curious feature. You will also encounter some bugs like the ammunition rate of some weapons (for example the US 0.5 Browning or the recoilless guns), but these won't be a big thing.

Good luck and kind regards
8)

Bild
Dateianhänge
1967 Search and Destroy 1.01.rar
(1011.76 KiB) 536-mal heruntergeladen
Zuletzt geändert von Arnold am 05.11.2016, 22:02, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Viking
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Re: SP-Map "Search and Destroy"

Beitrag von Viking »

Hi,

Thanks for the nice map
I cleaned up the first little city, no event
Then went to the fire base but i still got no event, i didnt got any mission nor extra units there

edit: i bombed pleiku to ashes to be sure, still new orders
DWD, DH, DR, Br@vo bin somit nicht so jung mehr...
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

Hi Viking,

first step of the mission needs some patience, but is quite easy regarding the script. You will find a small concentration of VC in the northern part of the suburb - in some of the buildings and also in the narrow woods. You should fight these troops first, because of their mortars. After fulfilling this you should search every building and will find additional insurgents in the southern part of the suburb. The main weapons in this phase are the two armored vehicles, which are effective against enemy troops in buildings.

When you have found all enemies you will get a confirmation and directly afterwards will get first reinforcements in kind of some heavy ordonance. With these forces you should go to the Fire Support Base and will get new orders.

Good luck and take care!
8)
Viking
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von Viking »

omagad, i searched every building and then bombed everything,
i'll reload for a try
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

Surprising thing. I've played the start of this mission around 30 times when scripting and testing and never encountered any trouble in kicking the VC out of the town. When eliminating the enemies in the north try to left some troops there. VC will return two times to the woods and the houses. Maybe this is the reason.

Good luck!
8)
Viking
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von Viking »

okay, was quite a job but i managed to clean the city

now my issue is with the fire base heliport
the helicopters just don't seems to be able to take off, they hang at the end of landing stroke
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

The helis are my only issue still left behind. It's my first time that I use an active airfield in a mission and I've some trouble to get it run. First I thought to abandon this idea, because you don't really need one, but now I think, that Vietnam without helis doesn't make so much sense. I'm currently working on it and hope to fix it with an update.

8)
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

I'm currently working on the mission and now have put a first update into the thread. The airfield has been expanded a bit and I hope, that the helis now will start. I'm still working on a solution to let them land on a second airfield. We will see.

Take care!
8)
rashidudin
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von rashidudin »

Arnold, I`m very happy to see that all my and Junker`s efforts to make a playable english version of VP didn`t gone for nothing. Your map looks very pretty. Can I have the map? I want to translate It to russian, because on modplanet there are many fans hungry for good missions. And If VP is released in both russian and english, I think I`s a good idea to convert all the contents in both languages for both communities.
Arnold
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Arnold »

I'll send the map and the mission to you within the next days. As already mentioned I still have some technical problems, that I can't find the folders again and can only open and save them over the editor. I think it's a technical problem with my computer I have to solve, but it will be necessary to send the map as well.

Give me some days!
Kind regards
8)
rashidudin
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von rashidudin »

Thanks. Awaiting your map. I also added a briefing picture to your first post.
Borodowsky

Beitrag von Borodowsky »

Hey Arnold, thanks for the map but u'd better fix some scripts at the mission beggining

I've put hell of a time to find out what problem is
Antworten

Zurück zu „Vietnam Project“