Hauptforum für Sudden Strike 3.
Antworten
don_quijoteSE
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Sudden Strike 3 unter Windows 10

Beitrag von don_quijoteSE »

Hi Leute,

ich benutze diesen extra Thread mal für technsiche Probleme unter MS Mindows 10 64 Bit, gleichwohl die Problemlage dieselbe ist wie unter Windows 8 / 8.1.

Also wie gehabt:

- das Hauptspiel lässt sich problemlos installieren und läuft (technisch) fehlerfrei
- es ist jedoch nicht mehr möglich fehlerfrei Patches oder Mods zu installieren, die patcher.exe oder .bat Dateien für die Installation verwenden, weil diese auch unter Windows 10 nicht mehr funktionieren; Windows gibt dann entweder eine nichts sagende Fehlermeldung aus oder meldet, dass diese oder jene DLL Datei fehlen würde - ein einfügen dieser DLLs in den system32 Ordner oder ins Spielverzeichnis selbst hilft allerdings gar nichts

Lösung:
- auch hier wieder ist die einzige Lösung, die ich gefunden habe, die Installation des Hauptpiels/Patches/Mods/Maps auf einem Windows 7/Vista oder XP System und dann die Kopie des Installationsordners auf euer Windows 10 System zu ziehen; beachtet aber auch auf diesen Systemen das Vorgehen beim Installieren: Die Patches und alle Kampagnen/ Mods vom Sust3 Hauptverzeichnes aus als Administrator installieren!!!
- viele Maps benötigen keine patcher.exe oder .bat Anwedungen um installiert zu werden, d.h. hier genügt das einfache kopieren in die entsprechenden Ordner im Spielverzeichnis (allerdings funktionieren die meisten Maps nicht ohne offiziellen Patch 1.4 oder den Batus Mod)
- soweit ich es sehen konnte verwenden die meisten Maps oder Kampagnen patcher.exe oder .bat Anwendungen lediglich um Musikstücke zu installieren, die eigentlichen Maps sollten aber aber dann trotzdem laufen nur halt ohne die Musik

Vlt. hat jemanden ja noch Lösungsansätze für ordnungsgemäße Installtionen unter Win 8/8.1 oder 10. Bei Fragen könn ihr hier auch schreiben.

Ende der Durchsage military18
shultz

Re: Sudden Strike 3 unter Windows 10

Beitrag von shultz »

I am also having big problems here - it is continually crashing on Windows 10.. Is there a fix for this?
sPlizi
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von sPlizi »

Probably this is too late now, but anyway, in case anyone reads.

I did not have problems using patcher with windows 10. Make sure you have admin's permission and make sure you place it inside the "Media" folder, along with all those DLL's. I think the game needs msvcp71 and msvcr71 but just to play it safe copy all of those in the main folder. If you do so, patcher will run.

This is also required for some of the BATUS mod installers - be sure to run it from the "media" folder, along with those dlls.
sPlizi
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von sPlizi »

I do have another problem with Win 10 though:

Every time I alt-tab the game crashes, generating a dump file. Does anyone have a similar issue?

(I am running Win XP SP2 compatibility, administrator priveleges).
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Using SS3 from Steam on Win10 64 bits 16Go ram.

I couldn't produce this crash by Alt+ Tab (tried several times, SS3 is still running while i'm writing this post).

Which version do you have ? CD or Steam version ?
sPlizi
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von sPlizi »

Casquebleu hat geschrieben: 14.06.2017, 21:08 Using SS3 from Steam on Win10 64 bits 16Go ram.

I couldn't produce this crash by Alt+ Tab (tried several times, SS3 is still running while i'm writing this post).

Which version do you have ? CD or Steam version ?
Steam version - I was using the "Last Stand" version, but the problem is the same with 1.4. Happens if I alt-tab out of the game, either from menu or from battle.

I also sometimes crash when entering the multiplayer menu, when I need to select the map. I suspect there is some faulty map that is triggering the bug, but I have not figured which one is it, yet.
sPlizi
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von sPlizi »

I believe it has something to do with the Compatibility mode - I disabled that option and I can alt-tab fine now. I always used compatibility mode ever since windows 7, hopefully you don't need it under Win10.

The steam version comes with "Last Stand" and "AfV 1.4" versions. Is it significantly different to play Last stand? What were the changes?
Casquebleu
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Casquebleu »

Fireglow said there were many changes from SS3 AVF :

New damage system.
Original missions are reworked to bring replayability.
Checked and corrected units’ stats, such as tower rotation speed, rate of fire, number of crew and ammunition to make them proper from the historical point of view. (I didn't check it)
Paratroopers.
Ambushes in houses. When AI firing is OFF for soldiers in a house, it will be shown as neutral for enemies until an enemy will try to occupy the building.
Improved user interface.

Now compare with Patch 1.4 :

version: v.1.4 UK
Addon contains:

General:

° The map editor is available. (News and video about the editor)
° Added 2 new multiplayer missions: "The Island of abandoned tanks", "Two Junctions".
° Added 3 new single player missions: "Krasnograd", "Barvenkovo", "Winter Strike".

Reworked campaigns:

° Allied campaign. Europe, 1944.
° USSR campaign. Crimean Peninsula, 1943.
° German campaign. France, 1944.
° Battle of Iwo Jima. Pacific Ocean, Iwo Jima, 1945.
° Defense of Iwo Jima. Pacific Ocean, Iwo Jima, 1945.

Gameplay:

° Paratroopers. (News and screenshots)
° Ambushes in houses. When AI firing is OFF for soldiers in a house, it will be shown as neutral for enemies until an enemy will try to occupied the building.
° Some tanks can carry up to 6 soldiers on them. (News and screenshots)
° Tank commanders can prop their heads out of the hatch to increase the range of sight. Though it makes them more vulnerable.
° Machineguns and mortars can be loaded in trucks.

Balance:

° New damage system. (News and video about new damage model)
° Original missions are reworked to bring replayability.
° Checked and corrected units’ stats, such as tower rotation speed, rate of fire, number of crew and ammunition to make them proper from the historical point of view.

Multiplayer:

° Fireglow own matchmaking service SuddenStrikeNet. Finding network games is way easier now!
° Added new options for multiplayer games:
° "Random color" - setting this option "ON" prevents all players from changing their color. The colors will be assigned automatically, with red, yellow, brown and orange colors go to the red team while all others - to the blue one.
° "Capture time" - flags capture time
° "Capture period" - periodical reinforcements' interval.
° "Disable howitzers" - disables howitzers in reinforcements.

User Interface:

° Improved Follow and Board commands.
° Visualization for harrisons and passengers.

Graphics:

° Winter landscapes have been added. (News and screenshots)
° New cursors mode and other minor improvements in GUI.

Other improvements:

° Score calculation has been improved.

:roll:
sPlizi
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von sPlizi »

Casquebleu hat geschrieben: 15.06.2017, 21:47 Fireglow said there were many changes from SS3 AVF :

New damage system.
Original missions are reworked to bring replayability.
Checked and corrected units’ stats, such as tower rotation speed, rate of fire, number of crew and ammunition to make them proper from the historical point of view. (I didn't check it)
Paratroopers.
Ambushes in houses. When AI firing is OFF for soldiers in a house, it will be shown as neutral for enemies until an enemy will try to occupy the building.
Improved user interface.

Now compare with Patch 1.4 :

version: v.1.4 UK
Addon contains:

General:

° The map editor is available. (News and video about the editor)
° Added 2 new multiplayer missions: "The Island of abandoned tanks", "Two Junctions".
° Added 3 new single player missions: "Krasnograd", "Barvenkovo", "Winter Strike".

Reworked campaigns:

° Allied campaign. Europe, 1944.
° USSR campaign. Crimean Peninsula, 1943.
° German campaign. France, 1944.
° Battle of Iwo Jima. Pacific Ocean, Iwo Jima, 1945.
° Defense of Iwo Jima. Pacific Ocean, Iwo Jima, 1945.

Gameplay:

° Paratroopers. (News and screenshots)
° Ambushes in houses. When AI firing is OFF for soldiers in a house, it will be shown as neutral for enemies until an enemy will try to occupied the building.
° Some tanks can carry up to 6 soldiers on them. (News and screenshots)
° Tank commanders can prop their heads out of the hatch to increase the range of sight. Though it makes them more vulnerable.
° Machineguns and mortars can be loaded in trucks.

Balance:

° New damage system. (News and video about new damage model)
° Original missions are reworked to bring replayability.
° Checked and corrected units’ stats, such as tower rotation speed, rate of fire, number of crew and ammunition to make them proper from the historical point of view.

Multiplayer:

° Fireglow own matchmaking service SuddenStrikeNet. Finding network games is way easier now!
° Added new options for multiplayer games:
° "Random color" - setting this option "ON" prevents all players from changing their color. The colors will be assigned automatically, with red, yellow, brown and orange colors go to the red team while all others - to the blue one.
° "Capture time" - flags capture time
° "Capture period" - periodical reinforcements' interval.
° "Disable howitzers" - disables howitzers in reinforcements.

User Interface:

° Improved Follow and Board commands.
° Visualization for harrisons and passengers.

Graphics:

° Winter landscapes have been added. (News and screenshots)
° New cursors mode and other minor improvements in GUI.

Other improvements:

° Score calculation has been improved.

:roll:
They are probably the same, as I suspected. Thanks for your findings, though.
don_quijoteSE
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von don_quijoteSE »

military11 if someone lands here questioning if SS3 works on Windows 10 64....

I am now using the GOG german localized version fully updated with The Last Stand. And installers seems to be fixed. Installation and game runs without any issues. You just need to enable DirectPlay:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =955335619

Unfortunately alot of Maps and missions from the community using patchers or batchers will not run properly. But alot do.

military18
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sudden Strike 3“