RCM Mod

Real Combat Mod für Sudden Strike Resource War.
Antworten
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: RCM Mod

Beitrag von HunButyok »

After we deleted I will write the names.
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

The development of RCM2.8 is carrying on.

Attila is still making real planes. It is very slow and difficult work.
But lot of planes are ready at this moment.

After this I will recalculate the speed of vehicles. I will use the average speed (average the off-road and road speed).
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Oh, and I decided: for the real feeling the AT-guns will use only one bullet in the barrel. We will leave behind the orifinal lot of bullets in the AT-un system. When in the real war only one bullett is in the at-gun, we will use it with ammobox.

When you fight, you have to carry ammobox near the at-gun. And the reloadspeed of AT-gun will be the similar to the historical reload time.

Attlia's oppinion: When it was in reality, it will be in the game. We don't will make an arcade game.

And some changes: I will make a weaker "ass-armor" to the heavy tanks.
Bild
Tovarish
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Tovarish »

That's a good idea, but ammo-boxes can't be carried by soldiers and that's the disadvantage of this.
So tell me more about that please ;)
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

We have a lot of idea for this problem.
Bild
Tovarish
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Tovarish »

For example? (won't be unpolite...just asking ;) )
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Don't searching for solutions for this problem in the game. Only search it in the gameplay.

We have a diofferent MP gameplay. You will have enough time to transport boxes next to the AT-guns. It is very easy when you transport the guns with trucks. You transport guns and howitzers with the APCs rarely. In this situation you have enpough time to transport a box next to the APC-transported ATguns.

We will use in MP games the historical informations, and all the guns has historical tractors. For example in France:
47 and 75 mm AT-guns: Laffly S15 light military truck.
105 mm howitzers: Laffly S25 artillery tractor
And you will transport your troops with Laffly S20.

The artillery tractors always carrying ammoboxes, only exception the slow but very strong Stalinecz tractor. But don't worry, in an artillery battery you will get always suplly trucks, tractors and ammoboxes and a fueltruck...
In MP an artillery battery has 8-6 same guns.

We tested a 384X384 map last week, and we had a field artillery battery with 8 5.5 inch mm howitzer, a light tank support light artillery with 8 105 mm guns, and a heavy battery with 4 203 mm howitzers.

And all the artillery batteries had the correct tractors.

Forget the "kettenkrad carrying the 105 mm howitzers, forget the Krupp protze carried 88 mm AA gun...
For the 105 mm howitzers there are Sd.Kfz. 11 tractors, for the 88 mm AA guns there are SD.Kfz 7 or SD.Kfz. 8 tractors...

And in MP first time you will get only vehicles and weapons for creating defense area, and you can prepare for battle.

And soo on... don't worry, It will be a different game, with different gameplay.

Summa summarum: i think I wrote it before: it will be a historical battle modelling RTS.
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Hi!

New directions in the development of RCM2.8:

Officer's binoculars view range decreased
Gerneral only a figure, not an extra-binacular soldier. He has binocular like the officer.
Realized fuel using for vehicles.
Real fuel capacity for fueltrucks (3000-4000 liter of fuel in the supplytrucks and 80000 liteers in the four axled fueltank wagons.
The transportable fuelbarrels has 200 liters of fuel.)

If someone ha sinformation how many liters of fuel could carried ny the supllytrucks please write me. For example how many fuel transporeted by Bedford QLD tanker, or GMC tanker etc...
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Hi!
I would ask you abut the conception of the RCm maps, and I hope campaigns.

Which themes preferred by you?

1. Unique battles with unique units whose never took part in sudden strike maps and campaigns. (Free french forces in the battle of paris, or polish and canadian forces in falaise, or french-italian conflict in 1940 in te Alps, Battle in Arras in 1940 etc... And the big nations are allied troops in the mission, they help you in the combat.

2. The commercial big nations maps:
Omaha beach, falaise, Monte cassino etc with big nations and the smaller nations help you in the combat.

Thank you for the answers!

Greetings!
Bild
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

You mean commando or battle?
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

with big nations and the smaller nations help you in the combat
Yes, thats how it was in reality in many cases.

In my personal opinion i like missions where many things are possible. You know there exists a kind of game where only one solution exists. You must manoeuver your sprite over a special parcours - often to the pixel exact - and if you fail you have to restart. Thats a principle known from old c64 on. But it becomes boring quickly.

Today a strategy game should be really open. Many things possible and maybe even many ways to win.

In the special case of Sudden Strike: Its an old game and many people already lost interest because they feel they already know everything... but there still are many possibilities that haven' t been used!

New units are important but maybe even more spectacular on the first view are buildings, colors, landscapes, environments, ambientes that haven't existed before - something new - to make people interested to try RCM. CWC has used a number of interesting constructions like animated buildings and others, but unfortunately users dont like near east combats as much as ww2. And they don't like the taste of illegality that CWC had.

Especially the horizontal objects with no or special set of blocked fields offer many possibilities. Units on ships, hills, roofs, literally everywhere provides effects never seen before!
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Commando and battle together...
Bild
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

Which themes preferred by you?
I would say, there is no restriction. Many themes can be interesting when they are made good. Especially interesting to me would be new buildings and landscapes. When there is a good africa scheme i will make some missions for it.

And i like fortresses. Naturally in ww2 the most fights were on meadows, streets or towns. It is not like in medieval times where many fights where in castles. Attacking or defending castles. But in fantasy of players it still has a role. Maybe it would interesting for many people to have more fortress buildings, walls and gates. In africa too. And top would be: gate that can be closed!
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

It seems you the only one who inetersted in RCM...

Some news for you:

We cannot make enough place for the new units, we decided we will create two RCM.
At first we will make the RCM2.8 Sommer Battles in Western Europe and after this the Real Combat mod 2.8 Sommer Battles Eastern Europe.

Western Front nations:

USA
UK
Canada
France (+Vichy France and Free French Army)
Polish Emmigrant Army
Italy
Germany
Belgium

Eastern Front nations:

USSR
Germany
Poland (+ Soviet-allied Polish Forces)
Hungary
Romania
Finland
Greece
Yugoslavia (Serbs, Yugoslavians, comie partisans and Cheitnics)
some Slovakei forces

New vehicles, new guns, new infantry units.

Greetings!
Bild
-=Slyder=-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -=Slyder=- »

HunButyok hat geschrieben:It seems you the only one who inetersted in RCM...

Some news for you:

We cannot make enough place for the new units, we decided we will create two RCM.
At first we will make the RCM2.8 Sommer Battles in Western Europe and after this the Real Combat mod 2.8 Sommer Battles Eastern Europe.

Greetings!
Sounds good. If you want, i will make the switcher files and installerpackage for Sudden Strike : RW.
.:SLYDER:.

Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „RCM (alle Versionen)“