RCM Mod

Real Combat Mod für Sudden Strike Resource War.
Antworten
JOSS[WildCat]
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Re: RCM Mod

Beitrag von JOSS[WildCat] »

Two books about Hungarian forces 1920-1945...

BildBild

BildBild

Links for download in PM...
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Some info-bites about the upcoming RCM2.7/2.8 beta.

1. The range of artillery will be not depend on the experience of the gun crew, only the precision of the guns depend on the experience.

2. The one-bullet-artillery reload time will be slower. (The slower, and "half real" reload time of the artillery will reduce the power of the artillery. And you can use a comple artillery batteries in the same time.

3. The speed of the vehicles is real. The basic speed was the 5 km/h. The 5 km/h is the speed of a normal soldier.
The speed of the vehicles is proportional to this speed. In conclusion: the whole RCM will be slower.

4. The french and other 47 mm AT-guns are little bit stronger. Similar to the soviet 45 mm 53-K at gun.

5. New vehicles for "smaller" countries.

6. New infantry units with captured/foreign/ lend-lease weapons. (British SM Gunner with Lancester SMG, German LM Gunner with Mg-26(t), Hungarian SM Gunner with PPSh-41)

7. the airbattles will be real. The speed and the weapons of the planes are historical.

8. new sounds avialable.

9. Polish voices from a russian modern warfare mod ( I don't know the name of the game in russian)

10. some of the rare vehicles will be deleted...

11. the "SP maps folder" can contain more SP maps, not only one or two.

12. The size of the planes is proportional.

13. and some surprise. :aaa6

P.S.: Maybe the reality will be change the sudden-gameplay, and lot of people wouldn't like RCM, but our target is the reality. :dance2
Bild
Attila
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Attila »

Hi there, military18
I would correct the point "3.",so the basic speed is 12km/h witch is the infantry running speed(0.5 ingame speed).And all the vehicles and airplanes will be proportional to this movespeed.
*All vehicles will move with terrain/road average speed proportional to the infantry movespeed.
(ex.:Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. F1: -42 km/h on road
-16km/h on terrain
so the movespeed will be 42+16/2= 29 km/h...Bütyök can tell more about this side of modding :D )
*The aircrafts will move whit theirs "cruising speed" proportional to the infantry movespeed.
(ex.:North American P-51D Mustang: Max.Speed:703 kph
Cruising Speed:523 kph -this will be the ingame speed)
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

I would agree in the most points.

The cars are very quick. They could be a little slower.

The planes are slow, but this is better than too quick, as it is difficult to follow them when they are very quick. But if you watch them starting now you wonder how they can lift off with that slow speed...

There are less boats and ships. To take out some cars would be no problem. And then add a few boats and ships would be a good idea.

When africa scheme working i would like it. If there would be an asia scheme it would be perfect, but then we need japanese and that would be difficukt i think, because japanese were taken out to add other nations.

Generally i would like to have some new objects more than new units. Planes and infantry is enough. Hills would be good. Without blocked fields they can be made passable for infantry and vehicles. Good effect when infantry fires from top of a hill. You can see that in some CWC maps. And there are big ships even destroyers as objects too, they are not moveable, but infantry can walk on them like on the hills.

Finally there are two shooting sounds which should be replaced. And the problems with the fuel trucks solved.

After all it is good playable now. With some improvements we can hope that more people discover the advantages of single player mode.
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Hi Stahlin!

Asia scheme:
The PWM2 is the one of the greatest mods. It's have a brilliant gameplay and brilliant units.

Speed:
The cars will be slower, some tanks will be slower, som eof them faster. It is depending on the real speed of the vehicle.

The planes are fast, becouse it is historical.
We changed lot of things for the reality.
For example the reload times, the repair times, and so on...

Voices:
There are new voices in RCM2.7 (RCM2.8beta) and more real voices. Hail to youtube.com. :D

Ships:
Maybe some ships would be good. I like ships, but mostly we play ground battles. For example in PWM the ships are important, becouse the battles are in the ocean.
Yes, i know, there were lot of patrol ships and other small ships on the rivers (Donau, Volga, etc..) but I think there are not important units in RCM.

Afrika scheme will be working I hope and there will be a new scheme too with lot of new things.
There will be hills in free object category, and there will be also big mountains! (Attila is an American Conquest modder too :D )

Greetings, and when we have a testversion, I will send you a link in PM to test it.

Thank you very much for the ideas, tell me more please!
Bild
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

Hi Butyok,

i have not very much, i think i have told all ideas.

The planes seems have different speeds like in reality. Thats correct. The slow plane that was only the "Fieseler Storch". Maybe that was the slowest in reality.

I am looking forward to the new africa scheme. Will be good to have some africa maps.

In case you want to have named personalities like in PWM i would suggest to include Audie Murphy as personality. (Should be a kind of superman, got 33 medals)

With the hills (the original bitmaps or maybe even others) i would highly recommend to take them in again. Without blocked fields if possible. That would increase graphical and gaming mapping possibilities very much. Making possible to build partisan fight in the mountains, balkan mountains, alpes and much more.

Anyway, i think it will be a good mod and i hope technical as stable as 2.7 was.
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

1 idea still left:

The green water is good, but sometimes blue is better in my opinion.

On some places the water is really green. Small lakes, channels, industrial areas, dark places. But where
the sun is shining and clear water there is mostly a strong clear blue. Like on coast or big rivers. For africa scheme,
where the sun shines bright, i could imagine a good strong contrast of the blue water, yellow sand and green plants.

Another point is, that sometimes it is not quite visible where water begins and land ends when everything is green in green. Naturally that can be wanted. Maybe good idea to have different schemes with green and blue water.

In western scheme now it is possible to draw sand directly to the water while in summer scheme there always is a line of green between them. So it is possible to create something like d-day. For landings it is useful to have a good beach.
Attila
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Attila »

Hi there,
Some screenshots from the upcoming version:
Ju 88 bombing raid and airbattle in "Siege of Kharkov":
Dateianhänge
sscr009.jpg
sscr009.jpg (887.27 KiB) 10955 mal betrachtet
sscr010.jpg
sscr010.jpg (871.12 KiB) 10954 mal betrachtet
sscr011.jpg
sscr011.jpg (888.28 KiB) 10954 mal betrachtet
sscr012.jpg
sscr012.jpg (879.41 KiB) 10954 mal betrachtet
sscr013.jpg
sscr013.jpg (878.48 KiB) 10952 mal betrachtet
Attila
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Attila »

All airplanes size are proportional to the soldiers with 10 cm accurately.
10 pixel is equal to 1 meter,a soldier is 18-19 pixel height.
Dateianhänge
sscr014.jpg
sscr014.jpg (855.77 KiB) 10953 mal betrachtet
sscr015.jpg
sscr015.jpg (877.24 KiB) 10948 mal betrachtet
sscr016.jpg
sscr016.jpg (880.54 KiB) 10948 mal betrachtet
sscr017.jpg
sscr017.jpg (871.4 KiB) 10947 mal betrachtet
sscr018.jpg
sscr018.jpg (874.07 KiB) 10948 mal betrachtet
Attila
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Attila »

Unfortunately the bombs damage is decreased by half,but its possible that it will be the real damage radius. :twisted:

military18
Dateianhänge
sscr019.jpg
sscr019.jpg (885.77 KiB) 10946 mal betrachtet
Attila
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Attila »

Thank You for Your ideas Stahlin,we will take them in count.
Oh,and the water sand stuff is already done in the new scheme. military12 :mrgreen:
Dateianhänge
west.JPG
west.JPG (16.94 KiB) 10943 mal betrachtet
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

Yes, i already have the western scheme, butyok has sent me a patch. Naturally i cant release a map with it, because it is not in 2.7 and they would have BTW i suppose. But i have enough ideas for summer scheme.

There are some good ideas in western scheme, with the free objects it is possible to create new terrain. Seems step by step you make a new game out of SuSt!
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Yes, the stronger bombs are needed for the real feeling, becouse the handgrenade-strong bombs are very funny.

I hope the big american bombs can destroy complete districts, not only damage a farmhouse... military16

But I'm afraid of the RTS-simulator sytle.
Becouse the big tank battles and big MP maps will be exile from the 128 and 256 maps.

In the 128 maps only small infantry fights and cute commando-missions will be good.
For big operations you need at least 384 map... :(
The planes and the artillery are very real but you cannot use them in 128 map, beouse the smaller howitzers can shot across the 128 map.
(The range of howitzers isn't depending on the kalibre of the guns, becouse the barrell lenght and the speed of bullet is th emost important. The F-22 fieldgun can shot more bigger range than the 280 mm heavy mortar...)

Building of 512X512 map is very boring... :oops:
Bild
Attila
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Attila »

Yes, i already have the western scheme, butyok has sent me a patch. Naturally i cant release a map with it, because it is not in 2.7 and they would have BTW i suppose. But i have enough ideas for summer scheme.

There are some good ideas in western scheme, with the free objects it is possible to create new terrain. Seems step by step you make a new game out of SuSt!
That western front scheme what Butyok had send you is far away from the final version.The scheme is still not ready yet. military12
Tovarish
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Tovarish »

@Attila:

I'd set the shockwave on the bottom as "_lay" that the mud and smoke is above the shockwave... :wink:
Antworten

Zurück zu „RCM (alle Versionen)“