An place for english questions !
LongRifle
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Re: RWM 6.8 status- and discussion thread

Beitrag von LongRifle »

Greetings gents,

I would like to add a few ideas.

I would keep the M6 and Black prince. What does it hurt. I would also like to see the British Tortise t/d and the Maus and E100. They could there if someone wants to add them to a map.

Infantry in trenches or fox holes should be harder to kill. infantry in buildings and bunkers should be harder to kill. I would also like to see the rubble of buildings offer protection for infantry as well as heavy wooded areas (from direct fire) bomb craters should be like foxholes for infantry.

I wish infantry could hide especially from tanks without infantry, even when the tanks get pretty close. infantry should be able to detect enemy infantry a little better. ....infantry in houses should not be detected by interceptor aircraft.

Like to see mortar carrier like the SDKFZ 250/7 grw, wespe so many great vehicles and troops could be added. Schwimwagen....sherman dd ......

Look at "Steel Panthers World at War" (free download game) A little slow but some great ideas..........and the close combat games.......it would be nice if some of the better parts of those games could be added to this one....

How about dug in tanks. How about a tractor to dig in tanks during game play ..........what about infantry digging in during the game.

Alas, if I could only write programs...........

I really like the way rwm makes ss play. I think the engine limits the ideas.....but some day the perfect version will come out.
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Hey mate,
no more real prototype tanks in RWM, just because if they are in you will see them too often in MP maps.
About all the other suggestions I have to say that except the new units and building protection, everything fails the engine test. :/
About the new units: Wespe and Schwimmwagen will defintly be in the final release. Sd.Kfz. 251 with mortar is planned too.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
LongRifle
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von LongRifle »

I was afraid of that.

What about upgrading the protection of the trenches and fox holes?

....and just a thought, could certain terrain areas be created .....that could offer protection (ie rubble areas, heavy wooded) that could be "entered like buildings...to get around the engine limitations?
LongRifle
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von LongRifle »

Excellent Mod !!!!! My copy of SS3 sits collecting dust as my opinion is that SS2 with RWM installed takes SS2 well beyond SS3 in its current state. Very impressive change list for the 6.8 release.
I agree.......Excellent !
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von For Real WW2 feeling »

@LongRifle
I would keep the M6 and Black prince. What does it hurt. I would also like to see the British Tortise t/d and the Maus and E100
Ho noooooo...

Again this baby gamers idea ... to want included the prototyps units never used in WW2 (and/or used after, as JS3).
:!: RWM = REAL Warfare Mod, About WW2! And not Real science fiction Mod, about unreal WW3! :!:

For RWM, the time has finally come for it to lead to a mature and serious game (always fun,
but WW2 immersive and serious), and the time (as is already planned) is at last arrived to remove once and for all, definitively,
the 2 last prototyps still remaining existing inside, not to add!

Exist already enough Sudden science fiction mods for play like that, among others HS2, go play with it, it will be your happiness, THX
Visit a very good RWM SITE (with RWM units tables & many infos & dl...)(UK)
Bild
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

^^ lol. some things never change ;)
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

For Real WW2 feeling hat geschrieben:@LongRifle
I would keep the M6 and Black prince. What does it hurt. I would also like to see the British Tortise t/d and the Maus and E100
Ho noooooo...

Again this baby gamers idea ... to want included the prototyps units never used in WW2 (and/or used after, as JS3).
:!: RWM = REAL Warfare Mod, About WW2! And not Real science fiction Mod, about unreal WW3! :!:

For RWM, the time has finally come for it to lead to a mature and serious game (always fun,
but WW2 immersive and serious), and the time (as is already planned) is at last arrived to remove once and for all, definitively,
the 2 last prototyps still remaining existing inside, not to add!

Exist already enough Sudden science fiction mods for play like that, among others HS2, go play with it, it will be your happiness, THX

All mods are science fiction. Look at the tank & infantry proportion. Every young folks likes tank and tank and tanks.
But in real war the proportion of infantry and tanks is different. For example 30 tanks need approx. 2000 infantry. So... Prototypes aren't problem. Same fantasy like 50 tanks with 500 ifantry. The other fantasy problem is the 10-15 At-gun in a screen. :D One At-gun is more than enough in a screen. And the attacking tanks to close each other.
Other fantasy things: you can't disturb the B-17 or B-24 bombers with 2 cm Flakvierling.
And you have a little chance to shot down a fast ground attack plane with 8,8 cm AA gun. You can't turn the barrel of the 8,8 cm so fast to catch the Hawker Hurricane above your head.
But the smaller AA guns are good against the fast ground attack planes and the 8,8 cm good against B-17.

The m26 and the M6 is not problem. The main problem is the engine of the game, becouse too difficult to modelling the real warfare feeling.

And don't forget FRWW2F: the balanced MP maps are fantasy too. :P
Bild
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

All mods are science fiction
Surely not. Of course for a lot, but not for all. A lot of mods (Sudden or not) want to seek the more realism possible.
Some games/mods are sometimes a little science fiction, not by will, but by necessity and technical restraints.
Because engine game limited and they want a quick minimum fun (quick start). For a lot of game/mods, it's normal.

A perfect realistic mod or for some type of games (RTS by example) is impossible (and surely not desirable...)
But exist games or mods (WW2) very distant from the realistic feeling and which do not seek (or more ...) these realistic immersion ( HS2 by example )
and other games or mods seeking them of feelings closer to reality (as RWM).

RWM is not a "simulation game" (as "Fly simulator" by example),
but a "feeling immersive game" ("feeling immersive game" or "feeling real" was never "reality"),
but RWM (so far in all cases) certainly not a "Vanilla game" (as a lot basic games or as HS2)...
But if the babies insist, it eventually perhaps become this ...
:twisted:
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Yes, that's true, but the Minenraumpanzer III was a prototype too. :twisted:
It proved to be unsuccessful and never entered production. What's your opinion FRWW2F?

The Panzer IV Ausf. D with mine rollers was a prototype too. :(

P.S.: I'm waiting for the final RWM2.8! I think it will be amazing! Good job!
Bild
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

What's your opinion FRWW2F?
Nobody is perfect... But with this units type (rather secondary and they certainly almost similar as to units that existed),
the feeling realism is not very affected. I think that for those units, that nobody will notice it (everyone fell for it).
They are not JS3 or Maus or "Star Wars" units :wink:
Bild
LongRifle
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von LongRifle »

Gents,

I was suggesting to leave in the Black Prince and the M6 and even adding the Maus, E100, Tortoise and others, only for fun and to see how one or a few of these units could change the outcome of a game. To put them into a map would be up to the creator of the map ......it would be no big deal to edit them out of the map by anyone. But, I still think it would be nice to keep them in as an option......and why not have more options than fewer. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the suggestion. People could still attempt to build accurate realistic maps...although I haven't seen them yet.

I would love to see total realism in this game, but I was told the engine will not accommodate this. That is a pity. It is obvious that realism wasn't the intent of the developers. The tanks and other units are carefully and evenly matched. Even the number of units in the maps etc. are to try to make the teams even....and that is not realism. For every tank there should be hundreds (if not thousands) of infantry and support vehicles......instead every battle is like Kursk. I know that RWM does try to tackle some of these issues.

I have been playing this game since it came out. I play it almost exclusively because this is as good as it gets....with RWM of course.

Here is what I would like to see........and I know that there are limitations due to the engine. So maybe this would be for ss4 or something.

Infantry able to hide........tanks should roll right by them. Other infantry has better chance to locate hidden infantry, but they would have to pass right over them.

Ambush mode for units.....that means they stay hidden until a vulnerable unit passes into the kill zone.

Ability to set ranges for units to engage.

Ability to tell units what type of targets to engage.......you may not want riflemen wasting rounds on tanks when there are infantry around.

Ability for infantry to rush into occupied building for close quarter combat....may the best squad win.

Add ground attack planes in addition to interceptors.

Real weapon ranges and penetrations. I think an 88 for example should be able to shoot across the entire map if there is line of sight.........this would show the true advantages of tactical positions and the effects of some of the great weapons.

accuracy of weapons are critical to show the advantages or disadvantages of weapons......for instance German optics were superior that made shots at great range possible....while Soviet optics were......well not that good.....but that was not there tank philosophy.....

Buttoned tanks should have the ability to use their optics in a long narrow view...the distance they could fire.

T34/76 fires too fast in ss2. turret was a two man crew......fast tank, but slow fire rate.

Aircraft should not be able to pick off infantry hidden.

forested areas should offer hiding as well as some protection .

Infantry and small gun protection in rubble or uneven ground.

infantry should be able to dig in.

dug in infantry should be very well protected and hard to hit.....how about the ability to hide the dug in infantry as well?

destroyed vehicles should remain until moved by another vehicle or pushed away by a tank etc.

too many new units to mention.....such as sherman dd churchill bridge tanks. shwimwagen etc.

many tanks had aa guns on the turret...need to add some....that would mean more weapons per vehicle possibly.

Morale have an effect on units and crews.......conscripts or green troops may run when engaged at a certain level but, elite and/or high morale units my fight to the death.

Tanks should be able to dig in with some type of tractor......a dug in tank would be hard to hit.

terrain should have an effect on movement. All units effected differently (ex. wheeled vehicle in mud....might get stuck....very slow speed.)

choice to have vehicles travel road.....(fastest speed) or cross country.

please play "steel panthers world at war" and make the game just like that only in rts mode........that game has realism down......definitely not a "baby game" as someone said earlier.

Anyway, just a few ideas. I have many more if anyone is interested.
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

@LongRifle

OFF:

Stop! Why did you write about PRM (Project Reality Mod)?
This is the RWM topic. These things what you wrote there are in other mod.

viewforum.php?f=133

Come this topic and watch the wonder!
The engine of the game let you see these things, but need some tricks in modding. But it is working.

ON
Bild
LongRifle
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von LongRifle »

I like the rwm project.......
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Everybody likes RWM! ;)
Bild
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

Nice dreaming. So PRM modders hack engine because +- all of 20+ features what wrote Longrifle in Sust are not supported by game :) (Maybe some unit settings is real)
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“