COPYRIGHT

In diesem Forum wird über allgemeine Themen diskutiert.
Antworten
Tomas(cz)
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

COPYRIGHT

Beitrag von Tomas(cz) »

Hello!

I am Tomas from Czech Republic and i played many of strategy games. First my game was Sudden Strike, after Sudden Strike 2, Cold War Conflicts and many more.....like Soldiers heroes of world war 2, Command and conquer Tiberium wars and many more....
I am in military club of history and doing historical scenes like battle scenes. So I am interesting in military history, chiefly about tanks and next about planes and infantry. Now i am studying high school - Brno University of technology.

SO I decided to use my knowledge and combine them into one project - I am working on new game like Travian or Ogame. This game will be about second world war. So i want make game graphic same like the Sudden Strike 2 concretely from RWM 8.0 which i played and its so good. So please i need ask you who have copyrights to Sudden Strike RWM 8.0 and how can i concact him?

Thank you for any answer

Tomas
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Re: COPYRIGHT

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

Ahoj,

to je dost složité i za předpokladu, že bys na tom nechtěl nic vydělat :)

1) Copyright na hru stále vlastní Fireglow, resp. daná firma už asi neexistuje, ale stále je nějaká právnická nebo fyzická osoba, která práva vlastní
Takže použitím čehokoliv z původní hry smrdí v případě problémů žalobou. I když je RWM docela velký mod, stále tam je většina věcí původních.

2) RWM obsah:
- obsah od různých lidí z RWM: Barbarossa, Tijn a jejich předchůdci
- vše co internet dal - filmy (zvuky), hudba
- jiné mody, lidé zde z fora
- jiné hry - hodně věcí je ze hry Blitzkrieg apod.

V podstatě to je nedohledatelné, různě posbírané X let zpátky a tvůrci modu mají copyright možná tak na 10% veškeré grafiky (nové jednotky a objekty na mapu)

Posledním šéfem projektu je: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=226
zkus mu poslat PM
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
Tomas(cz)
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Tomas(cz) »

Ahoj. Díky moc. Ano...chci na tom vydělat, ale chtěl jsem za to domluvit protislužbu u autora...třeba reklamu na našich stránkách apod. Na druhou stranu může být za reklamu rád, jelikož tato hra upadá do zapomnění a jen nás pár to ještě drží.
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Will it be free or commercial? Personaly I do not like the idea to give away copyrights but Tijn has the last word here, he did most of the newer graphics for RWM.
You can try to contact him via PM if he is still around - if I have to decide I would say no, sorry.
Nothing personal and I wish you success and good luck with ur project.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
Tomas(cz)
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Tomas(cz) »

-Barbarossa- hat geschrieben:Will it be free or commercial? Personaly I do not like the idea to give away copyrights but Tijn has the last word here, he did most of the newer graphics for RWM.
You can try to contact him via PM if he is still around - if I have to decide I would say no, sorry.
Nothing personal and I wish you success and good luck with ur project.
Thank you, but if it is nothing personal so why you decided to no? If no, i will use another graphic from another game or i will make my own graphics. Game will be free but everybody can pay for advantages.
I see no reason why you decided not, because I can turn this game to become famous and make it advertising.

So please tell me, why not, because it is interesting for me.
-Barbarossa-

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Like I said Tijn is the one to decide here in this case - so ask him.
Personally I do not like the idea that RWM content is used externaly from Sudden Strike and sorry to say that but we have no clue about your project and
I really think it is not nice to make profit out of our beloved RWM! We never got a cent for our work! Not even one donation! This was always our premise: a free Mod from players for players.
You see where this leads. Not to forget the time which was spent to create all the content.
Again no hard feelings! Just my point of view.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
Tomas(cz)
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Tomas(cz) »

Aaa. I am sorry. Ofcourse i will pay you. If will be some profit from my game i will pay you mb 500 Euro. But now i have nothing and i am just student :-D

Now i have many informations about 60 vehicles and planes. It was very hard to find these informations. I have all informations about armour of tanks hull and turrets of front, sides and rear. And penetrates of kanons, how many fuel they need to 100 km. I bought book about tanks from USA, to find more informations :-D I want make this game real as simulator without changes.

You will build there base and resources and produce units.

But i didnt say important thing. Maybe i will not use units from Sudden strike, but just trees, ground and buildings.
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

Hi,

I have to agree with Barb, all work on RWM -and we spent literally thousands of hours on it- was done for the community and for free. And many people were involved at some stage, providing models, advise, and what not, also all for free, so I am not in favour of using RWM for a stepping stone to some semi-commercial product.

If you really want to pursue this however, and provided you manage to get something like this going, we can always discuss us providing custom graphics for your game. We have all 3D models laying around somewhere, and we can of course render them specificly for your game.

-Tijn

Tomas(cz) hat geschrieben:Aaa. I am sorry. Ofcourse i will pay you. If will be some profit from my game i will pay you mb 500 Euro. But now i have nothing and i am just student :-D

Now i have many informations about 60 vehicles and planes. It was very hard to find these informations. I have all informations about armour of tanks hull and turrets of front, sides and rear. And penetrates of kanons, how many fuel they need to 100 km. I bought book about tanks from USA, to find more informations :-D I want make this game real as simulator without changes.

You will build there base and resources and produce units.

But i didnt say important thing. Maybe i will not use units from Sudden strike, but just trees, ground and buildings.
Tomas(cz)
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Tomas(cz) »

Hi! I am writing again. I want to request copyright for the use of graphics from your RWM 8.0 mod for commercial use in my browser game. In exchange for it is possible to place links to your work and sites on the site of our game to arrange advertising. Or other form of counter-service. But with these copyrights, I am thinking only of granting permission to use the print screen button (on keyboard) in the game (or bitmap generation from sudden strike editor) and the subsequent processing of images in any graphics editor. Nothing more. Is it possible to request you for this type of permission? Only take image by print screen button and then alter it in graphic editor and then use it in our browser game.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Allgemeines Forum“