Beratung bei der Erstellung historischer Karten.

In diesem Forum wird über allgemeine Themen diskutiert.
Antworten
Bloup
Schütze
Schütze

Beratung bei der Erstellung historischer Karten.

Beitrag von Bloup »

Hello community of mappers on the Sudden / Hidden / Neddus series.

I have been making maps for a very long time with the editors of "Sudden like". From the outset, the developers of this game did a lot of historical research on the things that made up the countryside landscape before the 2nd World War. Europe was a continent dedicated to self-sufficient agriculture, made up of small family farms. These farms were located next to small rural villages which included a church, houses attached to one another around a square, some shops, 1 or 2 administrations (post office, town hall, ...), a cemetery and some habitat individual at the entrance to town. There were also large wooded areas (exploited or not) of rivers, lakes, duck ponds and small roads that were not tarred.

So when you make a map, think that before making it a battlefield it was a complete place to live.
Making a good card is based on very simple principles to restore this pre-war atmosphere:
Fields not very large (avoid placing haystacks in the middle of a plowed field), small villages, paths to connect each farm to the village (with a few bridges), electric poles every 100 meters, signs direction indicators at crossings, ... the more detailed the better.

When you have done that, it is not a map that you will have made, it is a work of historical art.

Then you have to treat the realism of the landscape with "Other Properties": Cover with yellow squares (blocked) the rocky relief, put the blue squares (Shallows) on the beaches or to cross the shallow rivers, the white squares (Full Stop) to prevent all units from walking, seeing, or shooting through. Then comes the field of vision (Raised and Lowered), at the top of the relief you can see without being seen (and shoot) at the bottom you don't see you can't fight back: it's an ambush !

Last comes the script of your mission, the units will submit to the landscape you have created in realism. Prefer 256x256 cards at the start. Take your time, I spent several weeks making the Neddus cards. The script is faster ... this is where I cry sometimes ... such a beautiful setting destroyed by these damned cannons that make craters everywhere ... and the tanks that destroy with their caterpillars the beautiful fields of wheat. .. no it's too hard ... I stop there ... Hooooo Sniff!
Antworten

Zurück zu „Allgemeines Forum“