6.4 changes???

Allgemeines Forum des RWM Teams.
Antworten
Gast

6.4 changes???

Beitrag von Gast »

I have RWM 6.3 and in the switcher thing, I have linked to another forum but since I am tired of registering in a forum to comment on a single topic,
I have come here to voice my concerns over a proposal put forward by saudauker (Whatever the spelling is.)

If I read it correctly, he is planning to make it so you can't adjust experience in the editor anymore??? His reasoning being the fact that a 100% exp unit (Particularly Germans) are 'too powerful'. I personally find the Infantry units in RWM are too weak hp wise and the only way to allow them to last longer than 2-3 seconds under fire is to have max-exp. That adds 1 or 2 more seconds of life.

Line of sight is also lousy for many units. The Panzer scharfschutze "Nashorn" for example, should have a good line of sight since one of the benefits of it's design was the open and clear visual field. The vehicle requires a long line of sight for it was not intended to be anything but a sniper. The line of sight limitations are intolerable on many vehicles.

Even when buttoned-up, the tanks could see clearly in front of them. It's hard to aim a gun unless the gunner (who is always buttoned down anyway) can see the target.
I propose a coding change where tanks do not have an expanding radius of sight that is even around the whole tank. Instead, they have a small radius of sight to the sides and rear (Maybe 3 squares on the sides and 1 square behind) and a large field of vision like the binoculars of a general.
The Arc of vision ranging from 20degrees for some tanks and as much as 120 or 180 for others.

This way, tanks are more realistic in regards to their vision. Tanks are almost completely blind from the rear unless the tank is un-buttoned but they have view ranges of up to 5,000 meters infront. How else could they shoot targets 1000 meters away? The gunner sees through his sight, the commander doesn't aim by standing up and telling the gunner how to aim.

One advantage of this feature would be that enemy can 'sneak' up behind a tank. You all know the haftminen most of the "special" soldiers carry? What good are those at killing tanks? the tank always sees the guy coming, be it from behind, the side, or the front. Unless the tank is distracted (which is pointless sicne it will kill whatever it is distracted by)
the guy is seen and shot. Now, haftminen users can wait and hide in buildings or soemthing and when the tank passes, they can rush out and hit the tank in the rear where it could not see them. If a tank is unbuttoned, the view from the side and rear are now more open and visible.

Units like the Nashorn, being open vehicles, could have a very large normal and even radius of vision like all units have now.

I would normally think this was impossible but since the game has binoculars which do almost exactly what I am asking, I am not so sure it cannot be done. 8)
sar

Beitrag von sar »

think you've read wrong .. but sure, there are HEAPS of changes and its done because i feel its necessary. You arent forced to download it and play it .. anyways, here or sums:

- experience is locked during game because of cheating using traning. battle experience is gained in weeks and months, not during a few hours of battle. mapper sets xp and it stays there.

- you babble alot of LOS whats really the problem ? the range of vision? LOS means it needs to see what it shoots at ..

- radious of vision: cannot be changed from center of tank. I never intendt to reduce buttoned up view. in shorT: no arc of vision possible by the engine.

- 5000meters .. hmm sust isnt a scale engine .. sadly.

- binoculars .. it doesnt make sense to add binorculars to everything, even if it was possible. but it isnt.

Sardaukar
-
Antworten

Zurück zu „RWM Allgemein“