-SP- Battle for Korinth / Angriff auf den Kanal von Korinth

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
Antworten
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

-SP- Battle for Korinth / Angriff auf den Kanal von Korinth

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

Korinth.rar
(183.59 KiB) 377-mal heruntergeladen
Battle of Korinth.jpg
Battle of Korinth.jpg (103.78 KiB) 7129 mal betrachtet
Update1:
You have now 4mins instead of 3 to defuse the charges.
Sounds added.
More detailed information about how to call reinforcements and finde the british HQ

Fight as a german Paratrooper in the battle for the Channel of Korinth, Map is 128² about 2h play-time.

Kampf als dt. Fallschirmjäger im Kampf um den Kanal von Korinth, Spielzeit ca. 2h --128² Map
Zuletzt geändert von Madmax223 am 28.02.2014, 12:29, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: -SP- Battle for Korinth / Angriff auf den Kanal von Kor

Beitrag von nevux »

Max,

I have crossed the bridge and eliminated the brits in the trenches on the other side with 10 secs remaining on the timer. I have received a message confirming that the bridge was succesfully captured but it ends up being blown up anyway. What am i doing wrong here?

In the opening message it is stated that you have 3 minutes to secure bridge once your troops have been detected by / have engaged the enemy. However, the counter that seems to control the demolition event is activated right at the start of the game, even when no enemy troops have been engaged.
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

I'll have a look at it - actually the real bridge was blown up after being secured by a random hit into the charges. I didn't know how to simulate it otherwise. You have to hurry and defuse the charges on the bridge BEFORE the time is up. It doesn't matter if you have secured the objective first. First priority should be to defuse the charges! You can take your time engaging the remaining defenders afterwards.

The reason why the clocks ticking since the mission start is, that it's unlikely that the german attackers could get close to the bridge without being noticed by the defenders. As they could easily see the superior german force, they would've tried blowing up the bridge in any case! So the timers simulates some kind of fuse.

My personal advice: Get to the northern end of the bridge with at least 2mins left on the timer. Use the tank to advance over the bridge, get your men on the bridge and defuse the charges and advance further to the southern perimeter after defusing the charges.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

I dont think I understand. How am i supposed to disarm the charges? It doesnt say anything about defusing charges in the messages. I know from experience that it can be difficult to communicate objectives in a clear manner.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

O lol there are mines on the bridge and I have pioneers. I think you need to be a bit more explicit about this otherwise dumbasses like me won't understand what to do. :)

3.5 minutes is really way too short to clear all 8 charges. It takes me forever to even find my two(?) pioneers. Then I have to at least eliminate the british troops defending the immediate south end of the bridge otherwise my pioneers end up being shot to shit when trying to defuse. I think all of this is near to impossible until you have developed some sort of routine which would require playing it 30 times over. Select pioneers -> position them close to the bridge but not so close they draw enemy fire -> secure northern end of bridge -> advance infantry/tank over bridge to secure south end -> send in pioneers in close persuit of advancing infantry to clear charges.

I understand you have tried to simulate the hectic, pressing circumstances of the real battle but I think 5 minutes will be sufficiently tight without frustrating the player. But -as said before- maybe I'm approaching it from a noobs perspective, in which case perhaps none of this applies to other -more skilled- players?

gr,

Nevux
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

:) Not only pioneers are able to defuse... try positioning all your available men on the bridge and let them all defuse. Trust me, even without routine it is doable. Try it again :)
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Ive never worked with time bombs as they are useless for user-initiated destruction scripts and can also be detonated by shooting at them. My experience with mine clearing is that regular infantry -while able to sweep mines- tend to botch and blow themselves up.. guess this doesn't apply to time bombs. K great, ill try again.

Ok i finally did it.. took me about 10 reloads to defuse all mines.. but ok I've finally made it
Markus1987
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Markus1987 »

Ist das mi den 3 Minuten nicht ein wenig zu knapp?
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

Markus1987 hat geschrieben:Ist das mi den 3 Minuten nicht ein wenig zu knapp?
Frage oder Aussage?!
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Unfortunately I was wiped out shortly before receiving armoured reinforcements. I didnt have enough AT left to stop the enemy tanks. by then, My vickers was already long gone as I had lost it in the crossing of the bridge at the start of the game. I didnt reload then though as I seemed to have finally cleared all charges before detonation. The 3 minute timer is a real bitch Max :dance1

I didn't manage to capture the 6 pdr of the initial convoy moving southward as the entire convoy got stuck at the nothern end of bridge. I then engaged the convoy with my artilley which destroyed the trucks, leaving the gun sitting at the north side of the canal amidsts a bunch of tanks. I tried to capture it with the scripted airdrop landing troops on the north side of the canal and managed to take out one of the tanks before all troops were wiped out by machine gun fire.

The part where you have to capture the enemy radio equipment to call in reinforcements is a bit of a mystery to me. Its not really clear frm the briefing where the hq that holds the radio is located and there is no briefing or message that confirmas you have succesfully captured it. I then assumed that the sudden availabilty of 2 airdrops after clearing and entering the 2 farm houses by the 'main road' meant that i had accomplished the object. This part really needs to be a bit more expressive.
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

Korinth.rar
(183.59 KiB) 296-mal heruntergeladen

Update available in the first post!

Update 1:
You have now 4mins instead of 3 to defuse the charges.
Sounds added.
More detailed information about how to call reinforcements and finde the british HQ
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

Any thoughts?
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Hey Max,

The guns in the western corner keep firing at the bridge when I capture them.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“