Eastern front villages

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
Antworten
Przemowu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Eastern front villages

Beitrag von Przemowu »

Hi

I made a 256x256 map for quick battles around fields and in villages.

Bild

other screens:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Dateianhänge
map.095.rar
Only map, without missions. If you can you can change something, or add more buildings, bunkers, sandboxes etc.
(151.63 KiB) 309-mal heruntergeladen
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Hi,

I love the design of your map. It has a really powerful ostfront atmosphere due to proper usage of terrain textures.

From my own mapping experience, I have learned that a map layout with large, open areas allows for more enjoyable gameplay in scenario's that involve large amounts of units -particularly armour.

My only criticism would be that I think your villages have a rather unrealistic appearance due to a disorganized arrangement of buildings.

I havent been able to test the mission yet. I will comment on my findings in regard to this aspect soon.

bye
Przemowu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Przemowu »

nevux hat geschrieben:Hi,

I love the design of your map. It has a really powerful ostfront atmosphere due to proper usage of terrain textures.

From my own mapping experience, I have learned that a map layout with large, open areas allows for more enjoyable gameplay in scenario's that involve large amounts of units -particularly armour.

My only criticism would be that I think your villages have a rather unrealistic appearance due to a disorganized arrangement of buildings.

I havent been able to test the mission yet. I will comment on my findings in regard to this aspect soon.

bye

thank you for fast reply

I will take care on realistic arrangement of buildings ( less chaos, more organised placings of buildings), more details and less trees.

Its a concept. What do you think? Maybe I should remove hill and trenches on the south of the city to move battles on the streets?:twisted:

Bild
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

I didn't mean to suggest that your map isn't open enough. Quite on the contrary, what I meant to say is that I think it's the vast openness of your map-layout, that potentially makes it an enjoyable mp-map.

I personally think that maps that rely on strict scenario's in which both teams have to comply to clearly defined objectives, are usually much more of a challenge then the regular, free-roaming type of mission.

The scenario you propose seems quite appealing to me. As the german player, your mission is to break through the russian defences and capture the city. The russian team has to halt the german advance and defend the city and its surrounding strategic positions at all costs.

Maybe you could assign a large number of reinforcements to the different strategically relevant positions on the map. This would encourage the german player to capture it, and likewise force the russian player to make sure it's not lost to the enemy.
Capture of the town would yield a huge amount of reinforcements (possibly bombers) for the german player, rendering further effort by the defending team futile and effectively delivering victory to the german team.
This way you can orchestrate the gameplay to accurately represent to scenario you have in mind.

The trenches and other defensive positions near the town possibly present a tough, last line of defense for the russian player. The russian player will put much emphasis on this defensive line in the last stage of the battle, when everything but the town is lost to the german player. The vast amount of reinforcements aquired by the german player as a reward for capturing the factory/powerplant will force the russian player into a fully defensive style of play. Since the trenches and hills are relatively well-defensibly, the enemy player will probably relocate his troops to these positions. Here again, your specific reinforcement settings are coordinating the in-game events.

hopefully you will find my comments/suggestions to be of any use.

bye.
Przemowu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Przemowu »

Thank you for kind comment.

Here is first version. I added more building to city, fields, hills. Soon I will add shallows to northern river so It be easier to cross it, bunkers, trenches, artillery spots and other.

Screen:

Bild
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Very nice mapping Przemowu - keep the work up! :D
We definetly need more maps with the Eastfront-scheme! military18
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Beitrag von GeorgiSchukow »

The beta screen looks well!Good Work!
Maybe you should change some bridges in the city or give them more details :wink:
And please do not make the screens SO big - I have a 22 Inches monitor and can not see them fully :lol:

cheers!
Przemowu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Przemowu »

Bild

Map is almost finished. I need to add details ( rocks, ground patterns, objects etc.)
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Nice map!

Could you perhaps post some ingame captures?
Przemowu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Przemowu »

http://i31.tinypic.com/156e34o.jpg 3,25 mb ! Its a generated view on whole map.8192 x 4096 pixels :P

Soon I will upload map in a forum. Just give me time to add details.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“