SP 512x512 Drang nach Osten/ Drive to the East

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
Antworten
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: SP 512x512 Drang nach Osten/ Drive to the East

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Hi Johnik, glad you're enjoying it. It is deliberate that most enemy equipment is destroyed upon capture. This is to represent sabotage by the enemy crew and to avoid the player getting too much extra equipment. But there are still possibilities to capture some booty;)

Yes that bottom left "L" area at pitomnik airport in that version is crazy haha. But it was a test version. It has been fixed in the unpublished new version for beta 2. Keep units away from there.

Thanks for the report that the depot crew switched to neutral. I'll look into it. Train will come if you need it (have lost enough units) and if the villages along the railway are cleared of the enemy

Cheers
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
Johnik
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von Johnik »

Hi Mattheoz,

OK, seems clear for me. Have you ever think about using this map and make a second part - defence of the surounded 6th army? That could be a nice mission. Or Operation Wintergewitter. :) If you need a tester, no problem, currently I have a lot of free time.

I am playing Sudden Strike for almost 13 years, from SS 1+2+F, HS 1+2, RWM and Liberation. I like mostly 384 or 512 SP realistic dynamic maps, where I am starting with a few units and my army is continuosly growing. I remember there were a few excelent maps for previous vesrions/mods, which could be nice to trasfer to RWM 8.0.

regards :)
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

I definitely thought about the Kesselschlacht as a mission. In fact the map was designed with this in mind from the outset which is why I mapped a Don bridgehead and Tatsinskaja airfield (for the airlift to Pitomnik and Gumrak). I had a good script finished and ready for the airlift too. But unfortunately I have tried to "winterise" the map a couple of times but was never happy with the results due to the lack of winter textures in the editor for the summer scheme. And the Stalingrad pocket would be too unrealistic on a summer map so the project came to nought unfortunately.
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
balledure

Beitrag von balledure »

Hi everybody
i'm play sudden strike games since 10 years and
the map "drive to the east" is a wonderfull one.
But i never finish this map due to the game freeze near Bassargino station.
So i download the third version of the map and when i arrive near the station i have a message of defeat (see image below)
thank you for your answer

Bild
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Hi belladure, I think someone else had that problem as well. I think it was a bad script in that version. Try taking pitomnik first before bassargino station. IIRC that might help. Cheers
balledure

Beitrag von balledure »

Thank for your answer Matttheoz :D
balledure

Beitrag von balledure »

Hi
i attack pitomnik first and bassargino station after but i have the same message of defeate :(
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Hi, well that version was a long time ago... I know I fixed that problem but I can't remember exactly how. Someone else had it too. If you like you can send me your save by PM and I can have a look. Otherwise its probably best to wait for the new SSRW version when the beta 2 for RWM 8 comes out. Cheers
Denis_48
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Denis_48 »

I think this has good chance to be corrected in a next version of RWM. RWM team is really pro & know its job very well! military18
Die Französische Seite & Board für Sudden Strike, Hidden Stroke und World of Tanks
Bild
Bild
Johnik
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von Johnik »

to balledure: I had the same problem. I think you must hold Orlowka on the north also, because there is a russian infantry attack, when you capture Rynok. I received this message, when the russian infantry captured Orlowka. However a few halftracks or MGs will destroy them easily. There are also tank and infantry attacks before, but they can be stopped north from Orlowka. I used captured KV-1 as a frontal shield unit to absorb all the fire from T-34s, Pz IV F2, StuGs III and tank destroyers behind this KV-1 will destroy them without any harm. I think there were 4 attack waves.
Then there was the same problem, when I captured Bessargino station. I was asking Marde, he helped me a lot :) Before conquering the Bessargino station I captured Pitomnik airfield and then Bessargino station. I think for the first three times I had this message also, but then everything was OK and now I am very slowly surrounding the town. But the russian reinforcements are still more and more often and I am trying to send most of my armored units around the central town from the north and south to capture the river coast and destroy by tankfire all the ships on the river. This is a very tough mission. I had also a problem that the supply train did not arrived and I have very low fuel, but it will not stop me. Right now I have 1065th save. :)

to Mattheoz: I am waiting for the new version. That will be great, I will start again from the beginning. That will be 6th time for this map, if I am counting RWM 6.7 and 6.8 versions. I have never started any other huge map like this so many times. Golden medal for you. Go on and I wish you lot of power with other maps like this. :)
I am also trying to make some maps, but I am still studying the scripts. Is there any guide or summary how to work with the scripts? I was looking on the web, but no success, thus I am studying it directly in missions. :)
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Thats great that you're still fighting on johnik! As for scripting, I also had to learn from the ground up by trial and error. But if you ever need help with a script, just open a thread here in the forum. People will gladly help you and give you advice. Cheers
balledure

Beitrag von balledure »

Thank for all of you for your answer
Johnik, in your explication you talk about fuel, did you talk of rwm for ssrw. My game is for SS2.
i send my last save to Matttheoz. I hope he find the problem
read you soon.

military18
FROGGY
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von FROGGY »

Johnik hat geschrieben:to balledure: I had the same problem. I think you must hold Orlowka on the north also, because there is a russian infantry attack, when you capture Rynok. I received this message, when the russian infantry captured Orlowka. However a few halftracks or MGs will destroy them easily. There are also tank and infantry attacks before, but they can be stopped north from Orlowka. I used captured KV-1 as a frontal shield unit to absorb all the fire from T-34s, Pz IV F2, StuGs III and tank destroyers behind this KV-1 will destroy them without any harm. I think there were 4 attack waves.
Then there was the same problem, when I captured Bessargino station. I was asking Marde, he helped me a lot :) Before conquering the Bessargino station I captured Pitomnik airfield and then Bessargino station. I think for the first three times I had this message also, but then everything was OK and now I am very slowly surrounding the town. But the russian reinforcements are still more and more often and I am trying to send most of my armored units around the central town from the north and south to capture the river coast and destroy by tankfire all the ships on the river. This is a very tough mission. I had also a problem that the supply train did not arrived and I have very low fuel, but it will not stop me. Right now I have 1065th save. :)

to Mattheoz: I am waiting for the new version. That will be great, I will start again from the beginning. That will be 6th time for this map, if I am counting RWM 6.7 and 6.8 versions. I have never started any other huge map like this so many times. Golden medal for you. Go on and I wish you lot of power with other maps like this. :)
I am also trying to make some maps, but I am still studying the scripts. Is there any guide or summary how to work with the scripts? I was looking on the web, but no success, thus I am studying it directly in missions. :)

Hi mate !
Send me your email address and I will send you a full batch of scripts (in english including cells scripts). I think it's quite simple to use them (even for a learner) if you read and follow carefully the text and explanations.
My email address : FROGGY76600@aol.com
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Hi belladure, well I got your save and I took Pitomnik first like I said then I took the station at Bassargino and this is what happened:
bass bhf.JPG
bass bhf.JPG (202.29 KiB) 7249 mal betrachtet
Cheers
balledure

Beitrag von balledure »

yes i have this message too but if you wait 2 or 3 minutes you have a message of defeat
try it and send me a message.
i don't take "Orlovka", that maybe a reason of the defeat?

cheer
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“