Plattenseeoffensive

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: Plattenseeoffensive

Beitrag von nevux »

I have blocked the larger part of offroad terrain for tanks.. only infantry can pass through the narrow boarders.. unfortunately there is no way of discriminating for different types of tanks since all have the same requirements in terms of passage width.
Dendro
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Dendro »

There was a map years ago, called Sauerland. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the mapper anymore. He managed this by script. Only heavy tanks like tigers had been damaged to 30% if they crossed certain areas. But this worked only for human players, since the AI does not care about such restrictions and simply would have lost all it's tanks in this areas. So this was not the best solution I've seen yet.

I guess it's ok to just block the fields for tanks. You won't be able to find a better solution with the Sudden Strike Engine...
Hier gilt es, Schütze, deine Kunst zu zeigen.
Das Ziel ist würdig und der Preis ist groß.
- aus F. Schillers "Wilhelm Tell"
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

I already considered that option. I however think that this solution -although realistic- is likely to cause annoyance among a great deal of players.. controlled movement of vehicles is difficult enough as it is already. Imagine tanks diverting from roads due to obstructions –even when ordered to travel by road- and subsequently getting stuck in the mud.
To make the avoidance of off-road terrain by tanks more credible and embedded in the scenario of the map, I could start the mission with a ‘move screen to location and show dialogue’ trigger that shows a couple of bogged down vehicles that strayed off-road and explains the situation.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Does anyone know of any reference material concerning the armoured vehicles that were fielded by the various divisions that took part in this operation?

I would like to know if there were any Jagdtigers/Elefants and/or Nashorns involved. Stugs, jagdpanzers and jagdpanthers I already know were extensively used, as well as all late-war types and versions of tanks.
Madmax223
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Madmax223 »

If you know the Units which took part in the battle, take a look here and watch for the listed vehicles for each unit.

http://lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Glieder ... ruppen.htm
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thanks for the link! It appears no Jagdtigers were involved in this operation since all jagdtiger companies were stationed in Germany.

Something else:

I noticed that in about 20% of the cases the explosion animation doesn't show for me. Is this a known, generic bug or could it be that it's related to the huge number of objects on my map? I have already exceeded the editor limit of 50.000 by 200+ % with only about half of the map complete.

Nevermind... It appears to be related to the weather settings. After setting the weather conditions to 'none' all worked fine again.
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Very good idea. But Hungarian Forces would be fantastic in this map.

There was a funny stry on the other side of the Sió-canal. The soviets started an attack againt the bridgehead of the parts of the 1st Cavalry division with captured german panzers (4 Panthers, 7 Panzer IV and two Stug assault guns. But the soviets planes attacked them, they thought they are germans. But they were only russians with captured vehicles. Please make it in this map. :lol:
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

nevux hat geschrieben:Does anyone know of any reference material concerning the armoured vehicles that were fielded by the various divisions that took part in this operation?

I would like to know if there were any Jagdtigers/Elefants and/or Nashorns involved. Stugs, jagdpanzers and jagdpanthers I already know were extensively used, as well as all late-war types and versions of tanks.
I know every tanks in these operations. :P Jadgtiger, Elefent nevr was in these battles.

For example two company of Panzer IV/70 tank destroyers supported the 1. SS Panzergrenadier regiment when they reached the village Sopolya.
Bild
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

nevux hat geschrieben:Does anyone know of any reference material concerning the armoured vehicles that were fielded by the various divisions that took part in this operation?

I know every tanks in these operations. :P Jadgtiger, Elefent nevr was in these battles.

For example two company of Panzer IV/70 tank destroyers supported the 1. SS Panzergrenadier regiment when they reached the village Sopolya.

Oh, and don't forget th real soviet units too. For exampl there was a soviet self-propelled battery with captured Hummels. (Su-150)
Bild
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“