Wesel counter attack (512^2)

Lasst hier eure RWM Maps von der Community testen !
Antworten
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: Wesel counter attack (512^2)

Beitrag von nevux »

Ente hat geschrieben:Hallo,

Einheiten, die ich nicht verlieren darf, stelle ich normalerweise so weit weg von der Front wie möglich.

Wie viele von diesen Befehlspanzern soll es denn gleichzeitig geben? Einen oder mehrere? So richtig kann ich mir das noch nicht vorstellen.

Gruß Ente

1 at a time. Parking them in a safe corner to keep them out of harms way is an option of course.. but this would effectively take them out of combat. Now.. that wouldnt be much of a problem is it were any tank but in this game only Panthers and Tigers -of which the player will receive only a few- are available for the command role.

In the upcoming version (this will take some time as im still waiting for more, useful feedback) you will start out with a command Tiger. this would mean that you wouldnt be able to use this one tiger right from the start of the game. Using them as Schwerpunktwaffe is going to be one risky business :wink:
Pflanzer

Beitrag von Pflanzer »

Guten Tag nevux!

Deine verbesserte Version ist echt mal wieder der Hammer! Was mir bis jetzt aufgefallen ist, dass einige amerikanische bzw. britische Besatzungen von AT-Geschützen neutral sind/werden.

Ich zocke fleißig weiter und halte weiter Ausschau nach Gutem und Schlechtem ;)

Weggetreten

Pflanzer
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Planzer,

Thanks for the feedback!

I have already noticed this problem myself. At the moment I honestly don't really have a clue what is causing it.. it might be related to an overflow of units on the map, perhaps causing the engine to shove certain units to less taxed teams such as neutral.

Most enemy units on the map at the start of the game belong to team 'enemy' whereas enemy reinforcements are in team 'ally'. transfering some enemy units to ally may solve this issue.. I will further look into it.

--------------

I'm really stretching my imagination to add more stuff to the mission. Unfortunately im close to running out of free variables with which to further expand. I've already used all zones and most cells, timers and group identifyers available. I may be able to recycle several timers and cells once their cognate scripts expire but this will require some careful sifting.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

new stuff

Randomness: as seen in Fruehlingserwachen. Reinforcements, enemy attacks (direction, type, timing) are now random.

Also, has any1 that played the game captured the radar station? Once captured and manned, it prompts useful warnings of enemy jabo/fighter attacks well before they arrive on the battlefield, allowing the player time to respond by organizing AA defenses.
Pflanzer

Beitrag von Pflanzer »

Hi nevux,

i´ve captured the radar station and it doesn´t alert me of incoming aircrafts :( furthermore i´ve captured the repair station southwest of the 1st bridge. that´s cool gimmick, but unfortunately all tanks are repaired but NOT the Panther version A which came with the 2nd or 3rd reinforcements...that´s weird!

Weggetreten

pflanzer
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Pflanzer,

Thanks for the feedback!
i´ve captured the radar station and it doesn´t alert me of incoming aircrafts
Did you also MAN the radar (i.e place any soldier in the radio building next to the radar)?
Pflanzer hat geschrieben:furthermore i´ve captured the repair station southwest of the 1st bridge. that´s cool gimmick, but unfortunately all tanks are repaired but NOT the Panther version A which came with the 2nd or 3rd reinforcements...that´s weird!

The repair station script requires that tanks placed in the repair bay are of a specific group number. I seem to have forgotten to set the group number of this particular Panther to the appropriate value.
Pflanzer

Beitrag von Pflanzer »

hi nevux,

sorry my bad the radar is working! :-P i´m now in front of 3rd bridge and you are right...hard stuff :D

Weggetreten

pflanzer
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thats good to hear. Btw, did you also destroy the bridges per the instructions (placing unit in house to initiate detonation) after capturing them? I'm not sure if this demolition-procedure is clear enough. It is however essential that the procedure is followed correctly in order to stop enemy reinforcements across the bridge and deliver reinforcements to the player.

I don't think the script covers the scenario where the bridge is recaptured by the AI after the player caps the bridge but fails to destroy it. It's an unlikely scenario as the bridge can be destroyed within a minute of capturing.. but still.. I dont like loose ends.
Pflanzer

Beitrag von Pflanzer »

yes, i placed a soldier in the house and destroyed the first two bridges. to attack this main crossroad is my aim now, before capturing the 3rd bridge. i don´t know, if that make sense :D...Nevertheless it is a very very good map, because i do not like those maps, which you can rush in about an hour. so keep on mapping/scripting! ;)

Weggetreten

pflanzer
Pflanzer

Beitrag von Pflanzer »

hi nevux,

after capturing the 2nd bridge i wanted to built a ponton bridge in the back of a house next to the bridge, but the builders do not get there because of a bush :D just a little hint..again!

Weggetreten

pflanzer
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

That might be a good strategy.. its a trade-off really. Capping bridge 3 will give some reinforcements, capping the crossroads reduces enemy attacks, borth towards the main base and Issel bridges. Then again.. you will receive more reinforcements the sooner you cap the bridges.
Ekaeins
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Ekaeins »

I love your maps. Please keep up this excellent work.
Regards, long time SS2 player military11
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Thanks! Thats really great to hear.

Some questions:

1)
Has anyone captured the fuel depot yet? I've tested the script myself and it seemed to work alright but I would like some confirmation from other players to be absolutely sure there are no corrupting conflicts in the script.

When the large fuel depot is captured AFTER capturing the repair station, refueling is supposed to be added to the repair station services, which only provides ammo and repairs when the fuel depot has yet to be captured. When the fuel depot is captured BEFORE capturing the repair station, fuel is immediately included in repair station services once it's captured.

Restoration of fuel, ammo and spare parts (hp) per the repair station is limited to a specific number of services with fuel being available in smaller supply and being counted independently of ammo and parts, so that when the fuel depot is captured after the limit of ammo/supply services has already been reached, service will only restore fuel. Due to the complexity of the script im not 100% sure if it's functionality is consistent throughout the game.

2)
Has anyone experienced anomalies where enemy troops -other then stationary units (e.g AT-guns) are suddenly transfered to neutral (i.e share field of view with player and cannot be attacked) ? It happened to me once and I cant really wrap my head around this particular bug.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Several screens of some new landscaping:
Dateianhänge
Extended bridge over the river Lippe
Extended bridge over the river Lippe
1.jpg (1.24 MiB) 7219 mal betrachtet
Shipyard by the Drevenack canal
Shipyard by the Drevenack canal
2.jpg (1.09 MiB) 7219 mal betrachtet
Some sort of industrial facility
Some sort of industrial facility
3.jpg (1.08 MiB) 7219 mal betrachtet
The peaceful town of Flüren
The peaceful town of Flüren
4.jpg (1.12 MiB) 7219 mal betrachtet
More industry on the outskirts of Wesel
More industry on the outskirts of Wesel
5.jpg (1.12 MiB) 7219 mal betrachtet
One of the many farms in the area
One of the many farms in the area
6.jpg (1.14 MiB) 7219 mal betrachtet
Viking
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von Viking »

I really like the new pics!

I cant recall units going back to neutral, but there where captured guns which needed endless ammo ressuply
DWD, DH, DR, Br@vo bin somit nicht so jung mehr...
Antworten

Zurück zu „Map-Testbereich / Map-Test-Area (RWM Maps)“