RWM 6.8 Änderungen: Status- und Diskussion-Thread

Mod für Sudden Strike 2.
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Re: RWM 6.8 Änderungen: Status- und Diskussion-Thread

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Natürlich wäre das wünschenswert und die gepanzerte Ziele haben bei Panzerabwehr-Schützen auch Priorität. Allerdings erlaubt die Engine nicht, dass Infanterie bestimmte Zielklassen ganz ignoriert werden. Das heißt im Klartext, wenn kein Panzer in Reichweite ist, wird eben auf das nächstbeste Ziel geschossen.
Meine Panzerfaust-Jungs sind grundsätzlich auf "Feuer einstellen", damit verhindert man sinnlose Muni-Verschwendung an der feindlichen Inf.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
Marlboro
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Marlboro »

Hello!

Any guess on a released date? never mind that, is RWM 6.8 discussion still open?
-Barbarossa-

No real release-date yet but it progress is ok and if BETA test runs well a final release will be there soon.
RWM discussion never ends! military12
Marlboro
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Marlboro »

I'm aware that it's late to post new ideas (evreybody has ideas but no one works to accomplish them) and that it's late in the progress of the mod to implement them if they are actually any good.

I know you guys take into account very seriously ww2 realism and the balance of game play when making units and changes to RWM.

There are some redundent units when it comes to balance, the beautiful Jagdtiger is totally missing in most popular maps, because it's hard to balance and loosing such a powerful tank hunter hurts, but very few of them were built so it's kind of ok if refering to historical context.

Speaking about historical context the IS1 comes to mind, an abundant unit in multiplayer maps although only about 100 were built and some of them converted to use IS2 turrent. About the balance of these 2 units, IS1 is mostly balanced against Tiger 1 and i said there always in great number on the RWM multiplayer fronts military12 while the IS2 with some 4000 units built were until recently balanced only versus Tiger 2 and Elefant. Recently thanks to a few maps the JS2s are balanced against a combination of Jagdpanther plus other tanks (St Lo and Ukraine map), still only a maximum of 3 per player are used in the balance of the maps.

Looking into the realism of WW2 tanks i have to say that the IS2s where build in 2 variants:
1943 IS2 featured a stepped front hull design, similar to the KV design (sorry i didn't have time to search for a ww2 pic)

Bild

1944 IS2 featured a single angled front hull design that offered better protection thant the 43 variant, a new barrel breach which resulted in a bit faster rate of fire and an improved engine with a bit more horsepower and new optics

Bild

These are know facts and not obscure information, but if there are doubts about their validity i can give you a lot of sources of information about the subject.

Returning to the game balance issue, i propose a new variant of IS2, with the armor equivelent of the current IS1 but having the gun of the current IS2 with a smaller rate of fire and with a slower turning rate than the current IS2.
The up-gunning of the soviet most used heavy tank in RWM (IS1) will make a considerable impact on gameplay and balance. As for game play the new unit may promt the need for the use of Jagdtiger tank destroyers.
Balancing is a different issue, the new unit would have a reasonable balance if used as IS2 1943 + SU85 vs Nashorn + Tiger 1 / 2 Panther + Nashorn (German advantage) , anyway there are alot of balance combinations that work.
My idea is to eliminate the IS1 tank as the main heavy tank of USSR, totally not real!
IS1 106 units (if i remember correctly) with most of them being rearmed as IS122
IS2 (1943 + 1944 variants) nearly 4000 units made by the end of the war --- Wiki says 3854, doesn't matter, even 2000 is enormous compared to 100.

It's good to come up with ideas and do nothing and wait for others to implement them, i'm not a Sudden Strike 2 modder but i could be if you need me, give me the tools and point me in the right direction if you ever need help with something.
kopfabhassan
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von kopfabhassan »

Daffy youre right i have same oppinion about IS1.Will be nice to have modified JS2 against KT and old version vs Tiger.
Zitate:

1.oder mit das Programm 2.ich komm nicht wieter Merdè 3.ich bekomme das nicht zum leufen (Final) 4.und wer bis du den für einer
auch so einer wie Lamafarmer wen ja da gut nacht Deutschland 5.Aber keiner war mal in einen La Guerre 6.Ich kaufe das nicht für 49,95 ,für ein 10 ja 7.ich mach kein kampf mit die ok8.Dein Deutsch ist ok 9.nicht den scheiss Forever der ist Mühl , Merdè HS2 ist genau richtig und besser als RWM 10.Schlauchboote wahrum nicht toole idee Danke11.@ kopf ab
und das ist dein Oder für den Forumwechter
-Barbarossa-

Model for IS-2 mod.43 is in progress and armour will be a bit weaker than IS-2 mod.44 but still Tiger is no real match for it because the 122mm gun will be the same and will still be outgunning the KwK 36.
Ralf 207
General
General

Beitrag von Ralf 207 »

Ich dachte das hir Deutsch geschrieben wird und da viewforum.php?f=85 Englisch

mfg ralf
Im Tode kann man keine irdischen Güter mit in das Jenseits nehmen; Es macht keinen Sinn, grenzenlos Besitz anzuhäufen.
Roy
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Roy »

Ralf 207 hat geschrieben:Ich dachte das hir Deutsch geschrieben wird und da viewforum.php?f=85 Englisch

mfg ralf
Epic fail.

Lass ihn doch hier reinschreiben, er trägt doch konstruktives zur Diskussion bei.
-Barbarossa-

Ja Ralf, du hast ja im Prinzip Recht, aber so funktioniert das nunmal nicht. Im deutschen Forenbereich ist einfach viel mehr los und es hat bisher auch mit deutsch-englischem-Mix gut geklappt.

Und nun Schluss mit diesem Off-Topic-Thema!!
schnitzel
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Re:

Beitrag von schnitzel »

-Barbarossa- hat geschrieben:Kommentare zu den Vorschlägen:

[...]

- "Saboteure": wohl auch nicht, denn es wären auch nur normale Soldaten. Irgendwelche Tarnvorteile, um hinter den feindlichen Linien zu agieren lässt wieder die Engine nicht zu

[...]
Habt ihr euch das mal angesehen? ka wie das realisiert wurde.

Gruß
Dateianhänge
spionage lkw aus CWC
spionage lkw aus CWC
spy.jpg (121.87 KiB) 6954 mal betrachtet
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

I have seen it in CWC. It is not a "spy-truck". Maybe the translation or the name of the unit is bad or it is a nickname. In my opinion this is a captured vehicle.

There were lot of captured foreign trucks (and many weapons) in the armies. For example french, polish, soviet rifles, smg-s....

German army had lot of Polski-Fiat, Laffly, Fiat, Citroen, Miesse, Zis-5, Bedford, Berliet, Praga and so on trucks.

This is a german Zis-5 mobile hospital from PRM. ;)
Dateianhänge
Zis-5german.JPG
Zis-5german.JPG (52.08 KiB) 6918 mal betrachtet
Bild
schnitzel
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von schnitzel »

NO!

It´s indeed a "spy". See the craters? That was infantry. But no one opened fire at this truck!! So it really works :D
Check it out.
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Wow!

I will check it in CWC!

Thank you!
Bild
Stahlin
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Stahlin »

Schnitzel, that means nothing, as long it is not clear which parties they belong. As far as i see in minimap, they have all red points.

I know CWC, have played and mapped many hours, but i never seen another behaviour than SuStr2 with the parties. But it has some strange modifications, like houses as units. Please describe, can you control the truck as player?
schnitzel
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von schnitzel »

i tested i myself, so just believe me!

CWC really has some nice features. But no one recognized it, because all have been busy screaming "Pirates, Pirates!" :D
Dateianhänge
trustme.JPG
trustme.JPG (161.79 KiB) 6823 mal betrachtet
Antworten

Zurück zu „RWM 6.8 Forum“