Mod für Sudden Strike 2.
Antworten
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

AI Field radio units

Beitrag von nevux »

How do I get them to attack the player?

I've tried to add a bunch of these units to enemy infantry attack waves to simulate suppressive fire without having to devise a complex script for this. The problem is.. they wont attack. When i order enemy troops to switch locations to start the attack.. all infantry and armour will enage the player when within the range of fire. The field radio troops however will only move to location without engaging as if they are on hold fire mode..
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Re: AI Field radio units

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

I think the problem is, that they dont fire automatically. They need the attack-button to give arty-support. Im not a scripter but its like with normal longlange arty-fire. No idea if you could use the same fire scheme with the radioman?
If not, I will try to fix this in the final because its a pity if there is no use for them with the AI.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: AI Field radio units

Beitrag von nevux »

Hey chief..

Enemy artillery will fire away as soon as the player enter the enemies field of view and is within range of the guns... thats what i love about them. All u need is some invisible AI scouts .. et voila.. you have location based artillery barrages.

Ive already tried the ''fire howitzer'' line that is used to prompt on demand artillery fire.. it doesnt seem to work for field radio units though.

About sappers. I dont know if you have already read my post in the eng section? Sappers seem to perfectly fit my description of the bridge-demolition units I was talking about with respect to the demolition of bridges.

I recon sappers -using the timebomb- are useless for about any purpose other then destroying fixed targets? Why not increase the HP of bridges so they dont collapse so easily.. and increase the explosive power of the timebomb so thats sappers are capable of destroying a bridge with a single.. or maybe two bombs? A massive explosion with very high local damage.. I dont know the next thing about modding, so im not even sure if it is possible to define the area of effect on an explosive.

greetings!

nevux
Antworten

Zurück zu „RWM 6.8 Forum“