RWM 8.0 Singleplayer issue

Real Warfare Mod 8.x auf Basis von Sudden Strike RW.
Antworten
Julius Heide

RWM 8.0 Singleplayer issue

Beitrag von Julius Heide »

Hello first of all i'd like to say that this mod is fantastic, I enjoy it alot. Second I have to ask, why is it that everything in this forum is in german? I'm Swedish so I understand a bit german but it's hard to try and decipher everything thats being said in all the posts and topics just to understand whats going on... Is there a english speak forum aswell or do you just focus on the german guys cause most players seem to be german?

On to the topic, I perfer playing singleplayer missions cause I like to take my sweet time, pause and check out units and weaponry on wikipedia and read about them and stuff like that so I'm not really into MP. The singleplayer mission that came with the mod (the Stalingrad one) is amazing, I've been playing it for almost 10 hours and I'm still only like 20% through. There is one issue though. I seem to run out of ammo/fuel constantly and the resupply trucks regenerate it very slowly as you probably know. Occasionally a supplytruck appears at the entrance of the Rollbahn and at the start of the mission it prompts me to restock my supplytrucks with that vehicle. What I can't figure out is how thats done... The vehicle that appears is neutral and i can't select it. My supplytrucks can't resupply their stock from it either. The supplytruck even gets in the way of my reinforcements (the game says the rollbahn is blocked) and so my only option is to destroy the neutral supplyunit... Help me with this i really want to finish this historically epic battle, but I'm out of ammo and fuel on all my units!

Thanks for the great job that was put into this, and think of your non-german fans too please (some english in the forums would be nice).
Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Re: RWM 8.0 Singleplayer issue

Beitrag von Fäby »

Hello Julius,

here you find the english RWM Forum

viewforum.php?f=85

and here is a thread of the Battlefield Stalingrad map

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8826

My english not good enough, so i understand not all of your post. But the problem with the neutral supplytruck is a bug. I think the RWM Mod Team will fix it with the update.

Greetings to sweden

Fäby military18
Julius Heide

Hey Fäby, thanks for the reply. I have seen that english forum but i thought it was deserted since noone has posted there for several years and it seems the version people are talking about there is 6.7...

I also checked out the Stalingrad map topic and tried to download several versions of the map, they either didn't show up in the map pool ingame or had the same problem with the supply truck... Too bad I was really looking forward to playing this mod on this map. Does anyone know someplace else where I can download large historically accurate maps like this one? Prefferably one that has been tested and works well!
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Hi Julius,

Yeah, the English forum is dead.

As for Stalingrad, the problem is that the neutral supply truck and some other units like some planes don't have any fuel. This is a problem with the mod. There are not many maps for RWM 8 because the mappers are waiting for the mod to be fixed so that basic problems like that do not occur.

I have been working on a new version of the map which works around some of the problems with the mod, but I have exams at the moment so the map has been put on hold. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will finish it and upload it. It is basically finished and in the final testing stage now.

Cheers,
Matt
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
Julius Heide

Thanks for the reply Matttheoz, that sounds like fantastic news. I understand you are one of the creators of this map, I must say the time and effort put into this is astounding. The level of detail spread across such a large map, it must have taken a very long time. Anyway I'm eagerly awaiting the next version of the map. Your new fan, Julius Heide.
Vordus
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Vordus »

Cant believe how you can do maps, I tried a few times. But it takes so much time just to decorate the map with roads buildings and such so I end it. I never tried the scripts either so im not sure how good my maps would have been anyways. Tried to do the Northern Africa battles :). Maybe someday... (Want to use the Italian force :P)
tom
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von tom »

Hi.

The english forum is dead because everybody posts in this forum part.... :D

Main problem is that most germans do not use much english after school and so they have many problems with it. I also had to relearn much for my hobby.

I made several maps, too, and I know how much work this is. In addition I was never really super-happy with the results due to engine restrictions but you need to find a solution you can live with. But it´s not just the mapbuilding. Due to very good mapbuilders like Lemmy and Tomic you really need to think about the plot. A simple "destroy all" without further highlights may be easier to make but boring to play for most players.

I have a mission on the bench with the player fighting for France and I also wait for the new french units made for the (I hope) next Beta.

Yours

tom! :wink:
Krieg ist die Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln. Es erhebt sich nur die Frage, ob er immer nötig ist. Wehret den Anfängen!!!!!

Bild
Vordus
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Vordus »

Someday I will try to make my own campaigns, would be nice to do Battle of France, Battle of North Africa campaigns etc, but it is gonna take a lot of time :P.
Antworten

Zurück zu „RWM 8.0 für SSRW“