RWM 8.0 BETA-2 Release

Real Warfare Mod 8.x auf Basis von Sudden Strike RW.
Antworten
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: RWM 8.0 BETA-2 Release

Beitrag von nevux »

About the Panzerfaust and other similar infantry AT weapons. I have always felt that the way the panzerfaust and Panzerschreck are represented in RWM doesnt do justice to their real life performance. Admitteldy, I have never been a wehrmacht soldier and have never fired either of the weapons myself so I lack the personal experience that would justify such a bold claim. Still, I feel that the inability of the pzfst100 to knock out tanks like sherman m4a1 and t-34/85 in a single shot is too far a deviation from 'reality' to fit RWM.

wiki-wisdom:
Panzerschreck - range: 150m - penetration: 100 mm
Panzerfaust 100 - range: 100m - penetration: 200mm

T34/85 frontal armour: 60mm at 30 degrees of inclination - effective thickness: 90mm

Maybe it woud be an idea to increase the power of the Panzerfaust at the expense of range. For the Panzerschreck an increase in power could be compensated by making it a team with reduced speed like the MG-Trupp. IIRC the Panzerschreck was operated by a team of two (loader with ammo + firer) anyway.

BTW, are there any definitive plans for a future release? Or is a post 8.0 release a possibility rather than a certainty? just checkin' :wink:

Comparing RWM to liberation (again) I have to say that RWM has a siginicant edge in terms of models and skins (even the older ones), although it seems that artillery hasnt received a lot of love in the last series of updates. Wouldn't it be possible to just adopt some of Liberation mods artillery into RWM? Like the 17/15 cm K18, sFH18, flak41 88mm and flak38 105mm. Maybe also the smaller guns like the LG40. Models of artillery seem to be of a higher standard than most of the armoured vehicles (some of them are actually very nice such as the maus and e-100) in liberation and would blend in perfectly with the RWM arsenal. Im not sure if such a 'collaboration' is possible. I do think it would really benefit RWM though, especially for SP purposes as artillery makes for a very interesting ingredient of SP missions.

As for modyfing existing models/skins in RWM I would like to suggest maybe updating the skin of the Sturmtiger, which -to me- is about the only unit in need of a better skin. Also I dont really understand why the new mobelwagen models are without the characteristic panels of the armoured box surrounding the gun? I mean they look really good but now they seem to be just guns sitting on top of a pz4 chassis without any protection for the crew.

I understand all of the above makes for a pretty substantial wish list.. I'm just saying..because i care :)
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Increasing Panzeraust and Schreck damage would be possible but then the range should really be reduced.
In reality as far as I know these weapons were good and powerfull but on the other hand hard and very dangerous to handle. They were more a defensiv ambush-weapon - perfect for hard terrian and urban warfare. With a Panzerfaust for example, anything beyond 50m is a very difficult target to hit even if its a Panzerfaust 100 or 150. Since SuSt can't simulate heavy terrain besides hills and houses and due to the RWM-feature of a powerfull infantry, the range of the infantry-heat-weapons are as great as they are but increasing damage without range-adjustment would not reflect the realistic combat-value in my eyes. But I'm of course open for discussion.

No shedule for a update/bugfix yet but it's possible. Interesting is that only the SP would justify an update since the MP-community is stuck.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

I understand. Like I said, my proposition would be to increase the power of the pzfst at the expense of range. Maybe even half it, who cares? As you point out it was mainly an ambush weapon so significantly reducing its range will only make it's use in the game more true to reality, ambushing tanks as they move past buildings and other obstacles that block the FOV, destroying almost any tank in a single shot. This would only make this particular type of infantry more powerful and more compatible with the style of RWM in this respect.

The PAnzerschrecks range could be reduced to the current range of the pzfst. What about my proposition of making it a team?

I think the SP community is still pretty lively, including lots of guests that play but to not post on this forum.
-Barbarossa-

nevux hat geschrieben:The PAnzerschrecks range could be reduced to the current range of the pzfst. What about my proposition of making it a team?

I think the SP community is still pretty lively, including lots of guests that play but to not post on this forum.
No animations for a Panzerschreck-Team avaiable, or are there any in other mods?
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Nah I don't think so. Liberation doesn't even have the Pzschreck. Couldn't Sterna cook something up? Or is he inactive? Does RWM even have any active modders besides you?
-Barbarossa-

Didn't see Sterna around for a long time and I daubt he is still motivated to do rs2 editing but who knows...
Tijn allready did a few sweet things month ago but like me, he does not play anymore which is not benefical in case of motivation. Same for the other RWM-modeler Mc Wischmob, does not play anymore. I guess both lost trust because of my lag of a realisitic release-shedule anyway. No idea yet if there is a chance to revive them.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

What has Tijn been working on?

What about my suggestion of adding some stuffs from liberation? I'm talking about artillery. Some of the models are pretty nice and would make for a nice addition to RWM. Not sure if it's ok to take stuff from other mods though.
-Barbarossa-

We were thinking about a '39-'42 sheme with "Panzergrau-colors" for tanks and vehicles. So there are a few new textures ready to be implented.
Not a great change but high quality eye-candy. Tijns models have the best quality in my opinion - that's the reason why we don't really like to borrow models and other stuff from other mods. But since development stucked I am maybe open to have a look.
Can you get into detail what guns you mean? Maybe post pictures if you like and we can discuss about them, maybe get other opnions from different users...
And which version of Liberation is the latest - BETA 7?
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

that's nice. Could you show some of it?

As for Liberation. Latest I've played is 6.5 iirc. BETA 7 is all Chinese. I'll make some screenshots later today / tomorrow.
I was mainly talking about these guns: 7/15 cm K18, sFH18, flak41 88mm and flak38 105mm. Maybe also the smaller guns like the LG40
GFM Sterna
Oberst (Moderator)
Oberst (Moderator)

Beitrag von GFM Sterna »

Hi Nevux,

I always have a short look here, so im not totaly get lost.
But my motivation is not the same after more than 10 years with SuSt...

For Rs2 editing, it isnt Witchcraft but it is very time consuming because you have to edit every freakin Pixel.
For example: One RS2 Soldier has over 89 files with 1 up to 30-35 subcategorys of pictures for every position which define his complete animation ingame.
To make a camouflage pattern you have to rework every of these pictures !
You get mad after a while military10 military10 :mrgreen:

btw,
...the good thing here is, this game will not die because its a classic ! So maybe i will get some motivation again sooner or later ...
bbtw,
I have Maps which are not used yet , so nevux when your are interested , let me know write me a Pm if you like !
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

I was thinking the same thing :) I have gone through numerous 'lows' in my own motivation to play let alone map/script sust but somehow it always seems to come back sooner or later. It's simply a one of a kind game.

Btw Sterna, how about your Netherlands 1945 map? I don't really have the time to do any serious mapping/scripting atm but please send me whatever you have so I can have a look. military12

The units from Liberation I was refering to:
Dateianhänge
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.56 MiB) 6411 mal betrachtet
Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Fäby »

-Barbarossa- hat geschrieben:We were thinking about a '39-'42 sheme with "Panzergrau-colors" for tanks and vehicles. So there are a few new textures ready to be implented.
das liest man doch gerne, besonders wenn man die frühen Jahre am liebsten spielt.
GFM Sterna hat geschrieben:...the good thing here is, this game will not die because its a classic !

auch wenn wirklich nicht mehr viel los ist, egal ob switcher, hamachi oder singelplayer wie noch zu RWM 6.71 Zeiten. Wird es wohl nie ganz aussterben, irgendjemand errinnert sich wieder an Sust.
Vielleicht bekommt der ein oder andere Veteran nach einer Pause ja auch wieder lust. military7
nevux hat geschrieben:I was mainly talking about these guns: 7/15 cm K18, sFH18, flak41 88mm and flak38 105mm. Maybe also the smaller guns like the LG40
die 105mmFlak würde mir auch gefallen, PzB41 ebenfalls. Am meisten aber eins der LG40 welche man dann abwerfen kann für die Fallis. :)
-gehtnix-
Oberst (Moderator)
Oberst (Moderator)

Beitrag von -gehtnix- »

Btw Sterna, how about your Netherlands 1945 map? I don't really have the time to do any serious mapping/scripting atm but please send me whatever you have so I can have a look
Die Karte ist GFM Sterna sein Werk diese kann er jederzeit weitergeben, wem er möchte, wann immer er möchte!

Die Scripte sind mein Werk! werden diese so einfach mit weitergegeben stehe Ich für alles was mit Sudden Strike zu tun hat -- NICHT MEHR ZUR VERFÜGUNG! :shock:
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Don't worry Gehtnix. I'm pretty sure he is not talking about shared projects like Netherlands.
-Barbarossa-

The guns look nice - I will give them a try and show a picture how it looks like in RWM (Don't really like the 88 though)
Antworten

Zurück zu „RWM 8.0 für SSRW“