SS RW Standalone Mod.

Moderator: combo

Gesperrt
rodrigopx1
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter
Re: World at War Mod (WWM)

Beitrag von rodrigopx1 »

but lack a lot for the game is available for download?

military18
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Have the panzerfaust/schreck and similar units been fixed yet? These weapons seem to be doing no damage to tanks and only manage to knock out crews occasionally. I'd love to see the Panzerfaust singleshotting T-34's. The penetration of the Panzerfaust 100 was about 200mm at 100m, which is rougly equal to that of the 8.8cm kwk43 (Jagdpanther, Tiger II) at the same distance.

Panzerschreck penetration was about 150 mm at 100-150 m. I don't think penetration depends on range with shaped charges so 'range' is just the maximum effective range of the weapon.

gr,

Nevux
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

military18
rodrigopx1 hat geschrieben:but lack a lot for the game is available for download?
Public release was not yet. Follow the news. military7
nevux hat geschrieben:Have the panzerfaust/schreck and similar units been fixed yet?
Plans in the next patch 0.3 military7
Member of WWM-team

Bild
IvanSunja
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von IvanSunja »

Judging by the picture mode is excellent. :)
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

combo hat geschrieben:
nevux hat geschrieben:Have the panzerfaust/schreck and similar units been fixed yet?
Plans in the next patch 0.3 military7
So it will be implemeted as i described? I always hated the fact that these weapons were completely useless in RWM as they do virtually no damage. I think WWM has a significant edge on RWM in terms of penetration values with the more modest weapons like pak40 actually packing a punch (as they most likely did in reality). It would only make sense for the Panzerfaust and such to also be realistically effective. Like I said, make the Panzerfaust 100 a 1-shotter, maybe with reduced accuracy as compensation.

gr,

nevux
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Also needs to be fixed:

Jagdpanzer IV L/70 armour values need to be upgraded. Currently its performances is equal to that of the Stug40, both having 9600 hp and having equal penetration (loss of hp) when hit frontally by the 85mm L/55 gun of the T-34/85.

The Jagdpanzer IV L/70 -being based on the panzer IV chassis- should have at least 10.000 hp (like PzIV H/J) and superior frontal armor protection due to the sloped frontal glacis plate.

example:
Frontal hit from 75 mm pak40:
Hetzer (60mm at 60degrees inclination) --> bounce
Jagdpanzer (80mm at 50 degrees inclination) --> full penetration (hp drop from 10.000 to 2000)

The Jagdpanzer's efffective armor thickness was ~104 mm (80/sin(50) vs ~70mm for the Hetzer (60/sin(60).

gr

nevux
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

military18
nevux hat geschrieben:So it will be implemeted as i described?
First, I do them damage to AFV like 88mm ATG. In the future - try to make the damage more diverse. :roll:
nevux hat geschrieben:Like I said, make the Panzerfaust 100 a 1-shotter, maybe with reduced accuracy as compensation.
The game uses (conditionally) a Panzerfaust 60 as the most mass model. :roll:
nevux hat geschrieben:Also needs to be fixed:
Jagdpanzer IV L/70 armour values need to be upgraded.
Increased to 11,000 military9
nevux hat geschrieben:example:
Frontal hit from 75 mm pak40:
Hetzer (60mm at 60degrees inclination) --> bounce
Jagdpanzer (80mm at 50 degrees inclination) --> full penetration (hp drop from 10.000 to 2000)
I'll check their armor protection. military7
nevux hat geschrieben:The Jagdpanzer's efffective armor thickness was ~104 mm (80/sin(50) vs ~70mm for the Hetzer (60/sin(60).
The effective thickness of the armor is calculated slightly differently. military9
armor thickness / cos of tilt angle (vertical angle) - calculator
armor thickness / sin of tilt angle (horizontal angle) - calculator
Thus obtained Jagdpanzer's efffective frontal armor thickness was ~124 mm (80/cos(50) or 80/sin(40)) and 120mm for the Hetzer (60/cos(60) or 60/sin(30))
military7
Member of WWM-team

Bild
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

military18
New mission "Red river" by Sergevals.
End of Summer 41st. The Red Army retreating on all fronts. Wehrmacht comes on the heels. Your mission: to hold the enemy until the heart beats!

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Member of WWM-team

Bild
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Not seeing any images buddy!
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

nevux hat geschrieben:Not seeing any images buddy!
Sorry. :oops: Update links. military7
Member of WWM-team

Bild
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Hello,

Nashorn reload time seems a bit long! I personally feel that open-top SPG's should have faster reload times than fully enclosed vehicles with the same gun as they offer more space for the crew to move around in the process of reloading the gun. Even better: make reload times proportional to the dimensions of the fighting compartment or the interior's configuration.

For the pak43 8.8cm this would mean (in terms of reload times): Nashorn < Jagdpanther < Tiger II
combo
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von combo »

military18
nevux hat geschrieben:Nashorn reload time seems a bit long! I personally feel that open-top SPG's should have faster reload times than fully enclosed vehicles with the same gun as they offer more space for the crew to move around in the process of reloading the gun. Even better: make reload times proportional to the dimensions of the fighting compartment or the interior's configuration.

For the pak43 8.8cm this would mean (in terms of reload times): Nashorn < Jagdpanther < Tiger II
Yes, it is logical. :roll: Added to plan for the future. military7

New graphics! Line of tanks Pz.Kpfw. V Panther by Artaban :aaa2

Bild
Member of WWM-team

Bild
GFM Sterna
Oberst (Moderator)
Oberst (Moderator)

Beitrag von GFM Sterna »

Looks very nice also the details are great !
Fäby
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Fäby »

Yeah, great Screens. I like the new skins, too. military9 :D
Very good work.

military18
Ironman
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Ironman »

Will you be including an Pac with triple mgs, I cannot remember the series number designated to it but was used by various units in later stages of war, if remember rightly 503rd Scherer pander used them as well as t34 with turret removed and replaced with as guns what I can't remember, are they units that we could see in this mod. :?:
Gesperrt

Zurück zu „World at War Mod“