SS RW Standalone Mod.

Moderator: combo

nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: nevux - Wesel Counter attack

Beitrag von nevux »

Hi Ente,

The mission may have been too difficult :) One could reason it's only realistic that way, given the scenario.:P

I'm building a rendition of the original mission for WWM. The new mission will have roughly the same outline but with a completely new script. Many of the experimental elements have been ditched (repair station, command vehicles, etc). Most of the things you mention have been fixed, or at least altered :)

Retreating troops is one of the gameplay elements I have been consistently using since my first map for WWM. Even russians retreat occasionally :) Counterattacks will be less frequent but larger in scale.

The mod is about ready to be released, as I understand it. I have completed 4 missions so far that will be included in the first release of the mod. Wesel will not be ready in time and will be included in a patch or simply be made available for download through the forum.

gr,

Nevux
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hello,

thank you for your answer, nevux.

I forgot to tell you that I really like the Wesel-Mission at all.
Thank you very much for your work.

Personally I like some experimental elements.
Did you changed it because of the gameplay or isn't it able to use these things in the WWM?

Another Thing:
I watched your screenshots. The range of sight seems to me okay. Did it changed to a closer sight?

Gruß Ente
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

The game still has a lot of things that I consider exerpimental and unique, like the randomized events and reinforcement options.

Ranges of sight haven't been changed unfortunately. It's difficult to tell from a screenshot but you'll notice why the qurrent settings don't work once you start playing the game. The limited range of sight means you can't see attacking tanks as a defender since their long range of fire allows them to attack from well behind the advancing infantry. This means the attacker has an edge over the defender, which strikes me as rather counterintuitive. The only way to counter this is by advancing your defending troops from their bunkers and trenches, TOWARDS the assaulting enemy for as far as is needed to move the line of sight to where the enemy tanks are. Makes no sense. Binoculars are crucial for 'natural' combat dynamics.

gr,

Nevux
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hello,

ugh. This really makes no sense. Stupid.

Gruß Ente
Sherman
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Sherman »

When will this mission be ready? :roll:
Antworten

Zurück zu „World at War Mod“