Sudden Strike 4 at gamescom?

News / Updates über SuSt 4
Antworten
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Re: Sudden Strike 4 at gamescom?

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Last Soldier hat geschrieben:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ixxHNHJ_Q - Find five differences :wink: (hint: in Blitzkrieg 3 planes arent so weird, combat range is little larger and voices are less annoying.)

They only need some good-sounding name for game and I guess it was smart move because a lot of people remember Sudden Strike 1&2.
According to this 30min footage from the game its 100% false advertising.

Sequel = expanded complexity and gameplay of original game, fixes and at the best case + improvements from mods or opportunity to make mods. An impossible imagination :D
Did we really see enough and got enough information to make such a claim?!
I think we at least have to wait for some footage which we can actually judge, like a Multiplayer game.
They really have to show more than a narrow spaced winter Ardenne SP mission to convince us.
It is like judging SuSt 1 after seeing a playthrough of the first german campaign mission which is not very significant in view of the the overall game potential, right?
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

Hallo,

die SP-Karten bei Sudden Strike 1 und 2 sind, zumindest in meiner Erinnerung, größtenteils 128er.
Selbst die Karten bei APRM hatten in den Kampagnen häufiger 256er oder eben auch 128er.

Das war für mich damals ausreichend zum Üben. Ich war froh, dass ich ein so kompliziertes Spiel nicht direkt auf einer 384er oder noch größer ausprobieren musste.

Mit Übung sah das dann anders aus.

Als ich allerdings nach dem APRM den RWM 6.71 ausprobiert habe, griff ich ganz bewusst zu einer 128er, um das Spiel zu verstehen.

Ich denke, dass wir von dieser Firma nicht epische Kampagnen wie bei AOE2 erwarten können.

Insofern kann ich nur hoffen, dass größere (große, nein, sehr große!) Karten im Editor möglich sind.

Gruß Ente
shultz

Beitrag von shultz »

Where is Japanese?? How can you make a SS game with no Japanese?
Tyketto
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Tyketto »

Auch in Sust3 waren die SP-Maps und die Maps in den Kampagnen nur 1x1, teilweise sogar kleiner...

Erst durch die Maps der Community gab es 2x2 und 4x4-Maps...

Also erst mal warten was im Editor möglich ist. Das Spiel wird nur so gut wie sein Editor. Die Maps der Hersteller kannst meistens vergessen, egal welches Game..
Zuletzt geändert von Tyketto am 08.08.2016, 13:19, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Tyketto
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Tyketto »

shultz hat geschrieben:Where is Japanese?? How can you make a SS game with no Japanese?
This is the job of the modder :mrgreen:
shultz

Beitrag von shultz »

Can't wait for Red Alert 5 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-FG- Task Force
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von -FG- Task Force »

Hab mir jetzt mal die ganzen Screenshots und die Videos angesehen, da kommt bei mir doch recht große Skepsis auf, in der Masse nur Panzerformationen zu sehen, seehr wenig Infantrie, die Schussweiten sind noch nicht mal 50m - 100m würd ich sagen, das ganze erinnert mich mehr an Blitzkrieg als an Sudden wenn ich die Videos und Screenshots vergleiche. Im einen Video sehe ich 2 StugIII mit der 75/L24 wenn ich das recht sehe die über die Panzer III hinweg im Ort ein Haus bepflastern, das sieht schon fast aus als wenn die als Ari Panzer fungieren, will mal hoffen das es so nicht ist. Mal sehen wenn vielleicht hier welche auf Gamescom waren und das Spiel angetestet haben und ihre Eindrücke mitteilen.
shultz

Beitrag von shultz »

Tyketto hat geschrieben:
shultz hat geschrieben:Where is Japanese?? How can you make a SS game with no Japanese?
This is the job of the modder :mrgreen:
Maybe they should just put USA in and the modders can mod USSR, UK, FRANCE, JAPAN and GERMANY. Will save $$$$.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Fat chance the stock game is going to be disappointing. Nothing a bit of modding can't fix I'd say.

Things that bug me most:

1) ranges. I mean, come on. Tanks having to rub noses before they can engage just downright upsets me. It's what kept me from getting into Blitzkrieg and will certainly prove a threshold to acceptance for sust4 as well. Modding could deal with this though.
2) projectile velocity. The artillery feels like a trebuchet owing to how slow shells move. The clumsy smoke trail effect adds to this.
3) voices.. poor acting here.
4) vehicle speed. Tanks move too fast and feel light.

the good:

1) excellent models
2) good atmosphere that -to me - is at least somewhat reminiscent of the original games.
3) great sound effects

I'm hoping future development will take into account the many suggestions resonating from this board. If they are true in their claimed loyalty to the game's history this place is goldmine for good advice. If not a diamond from the start it might very well be something worth polishing for our modding community.
shultz

Beitrag von shultz »

nevux hat geschrieben:Fat chance the stock game is going to be disappointing. Nothing a bit of modding can't fix I'd say.

Things that bug me most:

1) ranges. I mean, come on. Tanks having to rub noses before they can engage just downright upsets me. It's what kept me from getting into Blitzkrieg and will certainly prove a threshold to acceptance for sust4 as well. Modding could deal with this though.
2) projectile velocity. The artillery feels like a trebuchet owing to how slow shells move. The clumsy smoke trail effect adds to this.
3) voices.. poor acting here.
4) vehicle speed. Tanks move too fast and feel light.

the good:

1) excellent models
2) good atmosphere that -to me - is at least somewhat reminiscent of the original games.
3) great sound effects

I'm hoping future development will take into account the many suggestions resonating from this board. If they are true in their claimed loyalty to the game's history this place is goldmine for good advice. If not a diamond from the start it might very well be something worth polishing for our modding community.
I'll read between the lines 'please just give us a good engine so we can turn it into a decent game.'
Ente
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Beitrag von Ente »

shultz hat geschrieben:
I'll read between the lines 'please just give us a good engine so we can turn it into a decent game.'
Das lese ich auch so. Dem stimme ich zu mit einer Ausnahme, das schreibe ich fett:

Ohne die Möglichkeit einer PAUSETASTE im SP-Modus werde ich das Spiel NICHT kaufen.

Ich bin mir nämlich nicht sicher, ob man das im Nachgang noch implementieren kann.

Gruß Ente
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

-Barbarossa- hat geschrieben:Did we really see enough and got enough information to make such a claim?!
I think we at least have to wait for some footage which we can actually judge, like a Multiplayer game.
They really have to show more than a narrow spaced winter Ardenne SP mission to convince us.
It is like judging SuSt 1 after seeing a playthrough of the first german campaign mission which is not very significant in view of the the overall game potential, right?
That's question, trailers usually do not show true face of product, on the other hand 30 min gameplay from +- complete game shows enough. Multiplayer will be the same. Game mechanics are obvious. After years of playing (modded) original game we do not recognize that this is just another common RTS? It can be fun game for someone who does not have great demands, but this is not Sust game in any case. Show me one thing that refers to the original Sudden Strike series.

I remember when I played Sust 1 Demo and at that time it was something completely new.
Of course original Sust 1&2 had very poor gameplay (mainly Sust2), player always stormed into fog of war with 0 vision and most of settings was pretty bad.
So mods made from average game something unique and engine (same unique) allowed such change.
Anyway entire game was more mature and there was no artilery firing over funny ballistic trajectory to 10 meters distant tank. It looks like cartoon.

Make interesting and working WW2 RTS game with Sudden strike characteristics it would be damn hard even for people who knew the game for years.
With the original game design documents or with source code it would be easier. But look at Sudden Strike 3, Fireglow itself failed on that.

Which brings me question if its possible make it in 3D:
1) You can have clear view to battlefield (isometric camera without distorting perspective) and lowpoly 3D units and objects without details because it is a hardware intensive
2) Or you can have few detailed 3D units and objects with very limited perspective camera - and we know that does not work
3) Scene can be 2,5D - 2D objects (buildings, trees, infantry) with 3D tanks and other units or so + isometric camera = best way?
4) ?

And this is only one of fundamental features of the game. Have an overview on battlefield. Then there's still the rest.. :)

It's probably just a one of game projects, investors with clear instructions + game studio doing custom games = nice business + someone had a good idea to use brand. Thats all. In the last stage of development, before Gamescom? Maybe we could make a stir in the community - thats modern way - I find it funny :) How much I am wrong? :) And it works - How many people thinks that creators of the original game do sequel? It raises false expectations, see the discussion under articles. Btw. some articles are full of nonsense - "You will fight on bigger maps with more units!". Well, maybe in a dream :)
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
-Barbarossa-

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Ok, but what options do we have?
We will definetly stay sceptical and critical and I see nobody overhyping it right now.
I bet everyone of you got disapointed by WW2 games in the past. Fact is, we love a very sub-sub-genre.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
Ingwio
*S-S-M* - Chef
*S-S-M* - Chef

Beitrag von Ingwio »

Ja möglicherweise ein Sub Sub Genre. Welchen Fehler machen die meisten Publisher denn ? Ja genau muss gut aussehen, gut verkaufbar sein und da rutschen die meisten in die Arcadelastigkeit hinein. Bei RTS hat man da aber nur kurzen oder gar keinen Erfolg... man siehe Sudden Strike 3.

Bei den Shootern hat man den Spagat schon längst geschafft. Man sucht sich einfach aus, ob man ein kleines Spielchen machen möchte, oder ob man taktisch tiefgründig spielen möchte, Ist zwar nicht der perfekte Vergleich, aber selbstverständlich könnte man bei RTS Games verschiedene Spielmodi anbieten.
Geschichte ist die Lüge, auf die man sich geeinigt hat.
Napoleon I. Bonaparte

Webmaster von:
Bild
Bild
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

There were some ideas:
- through the miracle buy source code (Sudden Strike: Resource War) and improve the game
- create own engine/game

Or just play old Sust + mods until apocalypse.
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
Antworten

Zurück zu „Sudden Strike 4 Neuigkeiten“