Bild

Приумножая познания, приумножаешь и скорбь
Gareth
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Re: RWG-team presents...

Beitrag von Gareth »

2wk hat geschrieben: 11.01.2015, 13:02 Zum MOD selbst:
-sehr schöne neue Objekte + Einheiten, besonders die Marine gefällt mir sehr gut! :mrgreen:
Aber das Feeling..... ein katastrophaler MIX aus Long-Range und Blindheit der Ferngläser,
s.h. ein Offizier sollte schon den Feind mit Glas erkennen! Die Schußweite selbst ist VIEL ZU HOCH!
[D]
Der Einschätzung würde ich mich anschließen.
Die Einheiten und die Möglichkeiten der Kartengestaltung sind fantastisch. Die gesamte Aufmachung wirkt schon in weiten Teilen sehr professionell mit Installationsprogramm und Unterstützung mehrerer Sprachen. Die Probleme mit der deutschen Übersetzung habt ihr ja im anderen Thread erklärt. Ich weiß nicht, ob ihr dabei inzwischen Hilfe habt, sonst schreibt mir eine PM. Ich könnte mir die Übersetzung wohl mal anschauen.
Im Prinzip begrüße ich auch die großen Schussweiten, aber die Engine von Sudden Strike hat dafür einfach nicht die technischen Möglichkeiten. Die Bildschirmauflösung von maximal 1024x768 ist zu gering für solche Schussweiten. Das hat für mich schon im LRM und bei Hidden Stroke 2 die Balance kippen lassen. Wie 2wk sagte, wird das Problem durch die geringen Sichtweiten verschärft, so dass man permanent von Gegnern beschossen wird, die außerhalb des Bildschirms stehen und noch dazu vom Fog of War verdeckt sind. Ich habe bisher kein Mittel gefunden, das wirksam zu kontern. So ist der RWG leider kein Mod, den ich länger spielen mag, aber das ist natürlich Geschmackssache. Trotzdem ziehe ich meinen Hut vor der immensen Leistung!

[E]
I would join this opinion.
Units and map making resources are fantastic. The mod seems very professional with the installer and multi language support. The problems with the german translation have been explained in another thread. I don't know if you have help with that now, otherwise write me a PM. I would offer to have a look at the translation.
Generally I also appreciate the higher weapon ranges but the Sudden Strike engine doesn't have the technical potential for that. The screen resolution of max. 1024x768 is too small for these ranges. In my opinion this was the case as well with LRM and Hidden Stroke 2, the balance went down the drain. As 2wk said, the problem gets worse because of the short sight ranges, so one gets permanently shot by enemies from outside the screen which are also covered by the Fog of War. I haven't found any means to counter these effects. So RWG is unfortunately not a mod for me to play for long but that is of course a matter of taste. Anyway, keep up the good work!
Free Ukraine from russian aggression!
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von zarathustra »

Gareth hat geschrieben: 15.06.2020, 13:45The problems with the german translation have been explained in another thread. I don't know if you have help with that now, otherwise write me a PM. I would offer to have a look at the translation.
No, we still have a problem with translations and we will be grateful for your help!
I will surely write.
Gareth hat geschrieben: 15.06.2020, 13:45As 2wk said, the problem gets worse because of the short sight ranges, so one gets permanently shot by enemies from outside the screen which are also covered by the Fog of War. I haven't found any means to counter these effects.
Not quite so: if you are shot at from the "fog", then someone sees you - look for an observer. The range of flights and bullets, and even more so the projectile, significantly exceeds the distance from which you can aim and clearly see the enemy, this is reality.
The binoculars in its "standard" implementation are recognized by the majority as "cheating" - therefore it looks so half-hearted with us.
But in general - yes, everyone has their own taste and outlook on the game.
Bild

Gareth
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gareth »

zarathustra hat geschrieben: 15.06.2020, 15:31 if you are shot at from the "fog", then someone sees you - look for an observer. The range of flights and bullets, and even more so the projectile, significantly exceeds the distance from which you can aim and clearly see the enemy, this is reality.
I agree that one should look for an observer but that is exactly the moment when I would get my binoculars out to examine the surrounding area very carefully. As this is barely possible in RWG my troops get destroyed while running around and searching for the observer. But I can accept that this is the philosophy behind RWG. I'll give it another try...
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

All units (+/-) see the same and it doesn’t matter: they are yours or your opponent. If you do not see the observer, it means that he hid in some building (house) and binoculars will not help here.
Do you use a similar tactic (with a ban on shooting) to observe the enemy? Why can't he do the same?

РС I understand that this looks unusual for those who play in a different ratio of visibility and shot. But such a scheme reflects reality - the mod is called "Real War Game"!
Bild

Gareth
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gareth »

РС I understand that this looks unusual for those who play in a different ratio of visibility and shot. But such a scheme reflects reality - the mod is called "Real War Game"!
IMO a game can't reflect reality as a whole, only part of it. So every mod has its own view on this. Maybe you're right that I am still not familiar enough with this principle. Perhaps I will get used to it. As I said: I will give it another try.
And please don't misunderstand my posts. I would never demand that you change this. You have done a great job and have put much thought and effort into your mod and you are absolutely right to stay with your design philosophy. After all, it's your mod.
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

I understand. But we try to take into account all the opinions and discuss any comments in the team. Of course, not all of this is realized and is not even always voiced. But what we are changing is always indicated in the list for the version.
Bild

zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

There are a few points that you need to know and consider:
1. The opponent can also look through binoculars, but he will see in the same way as player + AI has problems with direction. I do not know how often this is used in missions, but I think it is very rare.
2. There is a unit "Stereotube" - it significantly increases the visibility of the infantryman looking at it. As a rule, it is also almost never found on maps.
3. The gunner sees the tank further, but it has a sector view and sees only a small area in the direction of the tank’s gun barrel (just like the player’s).
And do not forget that the enemy can not use the "marching mode" for armored vehicles, as a player! Therefore, the enemy (in the sum of such factors) is always in a more difficult position than the player.
Many properties of units and equipment have some relevance to this problem: We cannot (or very, very difficult) pass a mission with an officer/sniper + howitzer bunch.
Bild

zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Bild

Aktualisiert VW
Wird von allgemeinen zu deutschen Einheiten verschoben.
Bild

Ingwio
*S-S-M* - Chef
*S-S-M* - Chef

Beitrag von Ingwio »

KdF Wagen, im Prinzip der Vorläufer des VW Käfers.
Geschichte ist die Lüge, auf die man sich geeinigt hat.
Napoleon I. Bonaparte

Webmaster von:
Bild
Bild
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Ingwio hat geschrieben: 03.08.2020, 12:38 KdF Wagen, im Prinzip der Vorläufer des VW Käfers.
Danke, wir werden es reparieren.
Bild

Ingwio
*S-S-M* - Chef
*S-S-M* - Chef

Beitrag von Ingwio »

Bei der Wehrmacht war die Bezeichnung ab 1942 -Kommandeurwagen „Typ 87“

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/KdF-Wagen ... nsheim.jpg
Geschichte ist die Lüge, auf die man sich geeinigt hat.
Napoleon I. Bonaparte

Webmaster von:
Bild
Bild
zarathustra
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Neue Grafik des T-34 Panzers
T-34-76.jpg
T-34-76.jpg (9.07 KiB) 5049 mal betrachtet