RWM 6.5 - Erste Eindrücke

Mods für Sudden Strike 2.
EQT
Mannschaften
Mannschaften
Beitrag von EQT »

Grayson hat geschrieben:Ok good fellow. I don't complain that this or that unit isn't in RWM! All I wanted to say is that I don't like the models of the tiger especially the camoflage. I got some Models an these just don't look like the Tigers in RWM... they should be longer and not that joilted.... the Tiger wasn't a streamlined tank... thats a fact but in RWM he is even more a log and that I just don't like. Thats one thing I just wanted to say.
The other thing is, that the camos are really nice but not practical in the game as they lack contrast so one cannot distinguish what is what.... as I said I just have th feeling a gray log is driving around. Thats all. And of course I compare to other mods, as I want to get the best out of everything.

And as of a nice help of someone I now knoe how to attach pictures (me dumbass already did that some time ago, just to silly tonight 8) ) heres the screener of the tigers. Note that not all tigers are added from RWM just the ones that apear on old maps (which are very nice to play with RWM as it is close enough to standart CDV mode and some Missions are really neat!!)

Heres the shot. Just see for yourself. IMHO the Tiger from HS is the most realistic and still good noticeable in the game which is a good compromise. Also note that Zimon took for his UCM the old Sust Tiger (I guess some old fashioned "old times feeling" 8) )

PS: I really like the model of the panther just not the skins.
it was not u a was thinking off when i wrotte, so din take that personal,
and it was not how the units looked like eider, it was more, as y say, that some people thinks there shall be the same units in, like there is no bt-5 or what name it have, in rwm6.5 and rwm6.5 have just one pz2 luch,

but how the units looks is just a matehr of thaste, u have ur taste others have there, i liked the hs tiger before, untill i realy looked on it, its loks like a elefant have stamp on it, the turret are to round, i saw the pic u ha posted, i dont know but ur pic is realy dark, that is not how the tiger loosk if u have a propper monitor set up, and i cant relly understund way ur pic are so dark, it shulden do eany matter, but but.

we all ve have difrent tast, that is what we have ti accept, and im not 100% whit the panther, that camoflage make it looks abit wird, but i think the tiger is nicer than my first on tht was in the skinpack for rwm6.31, the colours are more rigth on thos later units. but there will be other camoflage in the future.
EQT
Mannschaften
Mannschaften
Beitrag von EQT »

Grayson hat geschrieben:I'm writing a double post just to make sure the reades notice the time-scale. I hope the divine Admins will forgive me.

I tried the tigers and the pather on a standart 4ever map and here the colours are better. I'm sorry the map I played is with rainy weather and here the tigers just look even more washy. And therefore I have to correct myself with the colours and contrast. Maybe the models could be overdone and made a bit more....I just don't know. And as I also don't know how to do it, I'll shut up for now as these models made alot of work for sure and I don't want to belittle the work of the artist.

Just hoping for an update? :?:

PS: Added a screener taken with the same brightnesslevel of the tigers. One might want to compare with my earlier screenshots.
its no problem i can take critic
here is one pic off the panther in 400'400

that 200*200 realy can make the units looks wirdBild
Bild tiger whit camo

Bild
tiger early grey, u see, in 400'400 they look a bit bether, lthe grey one
are mad so it looks like it have ben dirty and have some camo, but in 200*200 u dont see that, than im not a proo to textur and render, i just do so good as i can, u alvays leran.
u shuld put up the britess level on the ss2 sommer, u have it way to dark, can understun how u can be abley to play like that.
regarding the hs tiger, it have a nice ligth setting, but a bit wrong in a case, the sun in sust2 is coming from 11 a clock that mens u se the shadow side, so it shuld be dark on that side, but that is just a litle thing, not much to hang up on, than also when u render, like the tiger, u have to do it 5%longer, cos else it will looks like a toy in the game, that was the case whit my old tiger, it was to compact, it looked like thos hs2 tigers, they also look abit compact, it just hapen on some units, whay i dont know.

i saw tha there was one person on the hs forum that says that my plane looked behter than the hs plane, i dont know if he men, hs1 or hs2, the hs2 i think is realy nice, but its a pro that have mad them, so then they shall look nice, but like i say, every one have diffrent taste, some like chocolatt som not, some drink beer some drink wine :)

BTW u missed one tiger and jagpanther, take a look on the ssf winger scheme, they are rendered in a other ligth sett up, i cudent use that one for the sommer scheme.
Grayson
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
Beitrag von Grayson »

....where to start....

As I said before I'm sure the moedling made a lot of work. And after all I don't want to nag anymore.

About my monitor settings: The Problem ist, with a higher brightness level the brightness of the minimap also increases and the Unit-Markers are not seen so well. And as some funny Mappers changed the "Myunit"-Colour from green to other colours (one took cyan on a winter map :evil: *GRRR* I just don't see where my units stand if I don't put the brightness leve to middle.)

And as I mentioned, the Map I'm playing at the moment ist a Sust2 schema with rainy weather.... So again my apology.

About missing units. The reason for me still playing Sudden Strike 1, or lets say better one reason is that I can count up the units on my two hands. The more units there are the m,ore I loose my overview and get frustrated. Often less is more!
I don't need every Tank, just the most important ones.

And now I have to laud: The T34 are really nice.... Just had to blast three of them... heres the screennshot (I'll reduce the qualitiy for all the user without broadband but put in an in-screen of the Tanks)

Notice that the T34 made it past the Paks and were not hit until the got in reach of the big russion howitzer (I guess a T1) and showed the guns their back (I knew they'll have get through there....:P )
The tanks came from South edge and tried to get to the
"....certain dare Death.....small change of success...... What are we waiting for?" - Gimli Gloinsohn"
Wever
General
General

Beitrag von Wever »

EQT hat völlig recht: die Geschmäcker sind verschieden. Und selbstverständlich hat ein Modder jedes Recht der Welt, seinen Geschmack umzusetzen.

Ich würde aber ebenso dafürhalten, daß es nichts Böses ist, wenn in einem Forum der optische Eindruck der graphischen Arbeit diskutiert wird. Wenn ich EQTs Bilder sehe kann ich nur staunen: klasse sehen da die Tiger aus. Aber im Spiel selbst habe ich trotzdem den Eindruck, daß Tiger und Panzer irgendwie gestaucht aussehen. Zum Glück liegt bei meinem Geschmack der Schwerpunkt auf dem gameplay, so daß ich es letztlich nicht als hemmend empfinde, wenn mir das Aussehen des einen oder anderen Modells nicht so sehr gefällt.

Was die Bandbreite der Einheiten betrifft. Solange die unterschiedliche Waffenwirkung auch tatsächlich berücksichtigt wird, finde ich eine große Auswahl hervorragend. Bei Hidden Stroke ist allerdings z.B. das Problem dieses, daß die MP-Spieler sich fast auschließlich für schwere Panzer und Panzerjäger und für schwere Flak interessieren. Dort wurde inzwischen - im MP-Bereich - die Mapper- und Scripterschaft gewissermaßen darauf abgerichtet, diesem ausschließlichen Geschmack nachzukommen. Das ist sehr schade.

Allgemein möchte ich noch anmerken, daß wir uns alle in der Mod-Frage nicht wie in einem kalten Krieg fühlen und geben sollten. Nachdem RWM glanzvoll aus dem Koma erwacht ist, freue ich mich nun darauf beide großen Mods zu spielen. Und das Gerücht, daß Fireglow mit dem Gedanken spielt, sein Produkt als Open Source zu deklarieren, ist so großartig, daß mir ganz schwindelig wird...
"Es gibt eine Form von Toleranz beim Menschen, die nichts anderes ist als ein Mangel an Würde." Joseph Schumpeter
-=Slyder=-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
Beitrag von -=Slyder=- »

Ich habe gestern abend RWM 6.5 mit alten Maps probiert. Läuft tadellos. Eventuelle Sichtweitenprobleme konnte ich nicht feststellen. Spielbar sind also auf jeden Fall 6.2er Maps. Freut mich sehr.

Auch sonst bin ich positiv überrascht. Das Soundfeeling ist da, Die Grafik und Gameplay passen auch gut zueinander. Für mich wieder ein Anreiz was zu tun. :wink:
.:SLYDER:.

Bild
sar

my favourite RWM6.5 units

Beitrag von sar »

My fav tanks :shock:

Hetzers and Jagdpanther, respectivly renders by Leo and EQT. These tanks are really pleasing to the eye when playing .. atleast to mine... lost my jagdpanther yesterday while looking at details on it (in mp game) .. so old the old style skin have an advantage ;) - focus
Grayson
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
Beitrag von Grayson »

I lost (which means I couldnt find it) one of my panthers on a SP map (ok a short look on the overviewmap an I got it). But in first sight I didn't the tank..... :lol:
"....certain dare Death.....small change of success...... What are we waiting for?" - Gimli Gloinsohn"
KettenHund

Beitrag von KettenHund »

danke an dich @ Wever es funzt einbeinfrei :D
und @ Tosch gebe ich vollig recht, der mod is einfach nur geil !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MfG Kette
Ciceri
Generalmajor
Generalmajor
Beitrag von Ciceri »

the tigers form rwm are great! they are the best skinned tanks!

warum eigentlich alles auf englisch? :wink:
Mc Wischmob
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Mc Wischmob »

Der Tiger, den ich grad im hs gefunden habe, sah etwas anders aus.

Bild

Achja Grayson probier 6.5 doch mal ohne Skinpack da ist der Panther nur grau.
Zuletzt geändert von Mc Wischmob am 13.10.2004, 19:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
KettenHund

Beitrag von KettenHund »

ich versteh APRM nicht mehr, wieso kann mann nicht einfach alles auf normale weise klären, ich mus es ja auch können mit meinen ach so leckeren nachbarn

die Kette
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

[ quote="Mc Wischmob"]Der tiger, which I had
found to degrees in hs, saw somewhat differently from [
img]http://www.geocities.com/mcwischmob/bilder/bla.JPG[/img ] Achja
Grayson tries 6,5 nevertheless times without ski luggage is the
Panther there only grau.[/quote ]

what have happen to that HS tiger, who have totaly ruin that model whit that horrble recoluring? it is totaly destryed now, that one are not in hs, what i know, maddogshun most be craying when he see it, its realy hard to recolur that hs tiger, i have tryd, but u just screw it up if u try to do camo, best como u do whit 3d program.
Grayson
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
Beitrag von Grayson »

@ McWischmob

Mhhh.... von welchem schema stammt dein Tiger?

Meiner ist aus dem Sust2 Sommer schema....(war auf Winter-Map gemacht)
(Ich vermute, daß dein Tiger ausdem Sust4ever Sommer Schema ist,,, obs da unterschied gibt bin ich etz zu faul ums nachzusehen)

Aber ich will mich an der Diskussion nicht mehr beteiligen, da alle Models schön sind, es kommt nur drauf an wer sie ansieht. Und der Panther gefällt mir inzwischen richtig gut von der Form her!
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Ciceri hat geschrieben:the tigers form rwm are great! they are the best skinned tanks!

warum eigentlich alles auf englisch? :wink:
Kein annung, sprechst du dänisch?

Har du det godt i Tyskland?
Wever
General
General

Beitrag von Wever »

-=Slyder=- hat geschrieben:Ich habe gestern abend RWM 6.5 mit alten Maps probiert. Läuft tadellos. Eventuelle Sichtweitenprobleme konnte ich nicht feststellen. Spielbar sind also auf jeden Fall 6.2er Maps.
Im prinzip wirst Du recht haben, Slyder. Aber ich hatte eben eine merkwürdige Sache erlebt. Eine 6.2er SP-Map von "Erik", "Russia 1941": die Motorräder der Anfangsverstärkung rollen auf die Karte, und können dann nicht mehr bewegt werden (siehe Bild).
"Es gibt eine Form von Toleranz beim Menschen, die nichts anderes ist als ein Mangel an Würde." Joseph Schumpeter
Antworten

Zurück zu „RWM 6.5, 6.6 und 6.71“