HITNAMES ERROR ?

Forum zum Thema Modding, um dort über "Neue Einheiten", Neue Objekte", "Modding Tools" usw zu diskutieren.
Antworten
adamstrange
Schütze
Schütze

HITNAMES ERROR ?

Beitrag von adamstrange »

Hi Comrade Modders

I am having a problem adding buildings for my own personal mod.

In the past I added buildings from Resource War to Hidden Stroke 2 and it works so my building count right now is 577.

Now I started adding just 1 building from the Liberation mod and it shows up in the editor and I can place it, but when I start the game I get an error box that says something like "FILE NOT FOUND HITSNAMES".

This happens with any building that I try to add.

Also, I noticed that when I SUE the file, it jumps from 38MB to 68MB.

But the problem has to do with the packing of the DOM.res in the SUST GRAPH.

What I did was to convert the Stadt.aps to Stadt.sue using Unlocker and the Hex editor.
Then I unpacked the DOM, but what I did this time was that I didn't edit anything.

I just unpacked it and then repacked it just to see if it was Win sue or the SUST GRAPH and it's something to do with the SUST GRAPH.

I tried different SUST GRAPH and I still get the same results.

Can one of you please tell me how do I fix this ?

Thanks
Gareth
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Re: HITNAMES ERROR ?

Beitrag von Gareth »

The error message about missing hitsnames seems to point at the file HITSNAMES in which the hitsnames are defined. Perhaps Liberation uses other (new) hitsnames than other mods. Then these hitsnames are used in the building's desc file but are unknown to HS2. At least that would be my suspicion. I would test this using the desc file of another building that is known to be working.
Regarding the other effects my modding experience is too limited. Perhaps someone else can help there.
Free Ukraine from russian aggression!
adamstrange
Schütze
Schütze

Thanks Gareth, I will check this out.

By the way,do you know how to setup a script or know of any scripts so that a building keeps producing tanks until you destroy that building ?

I know how to have reinforcements come out of a building, but not have them come out continuously at intervals until the building is destroyed.
Gareth
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gareth »

adamstrange hat geschrieben:By the way,do you know how to setup a script or know of any scripts so that a building keeps producing tanks until you destroy that building ?
I know how to have reinforcements come out of a building, but not have them come out continuously at intervals until the building is destroyed.
You can test if a building is destroyed or not using a marker on that building. A set of scripts for production of reinforcements is given in the editor manual that comes with SSRW - at least it came with the german version. I can't remember the details at the moment, didn't touch SuSt scripts for a long while. I'll look it up in my notes and post it here soon - if not someone else has done so before.
Gareth
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gareth »

Here you go...
SSRW Editor FAQ.pdf
Skripte für Fabriken / Scripts for factories (SSRW)
(26.7 KiB) 576-mal heruntergeladen
adamstrange
Schütze
Schütze

Thanks, that's just what I needed.

I hope this will work in HS2

By the way, where can I find the manuals for the editor and the game because I have searched for it and I can't find it anywhere except at Fireglows site and you can't download it unless you have a password but at the same time you can't ever register at the site to have an account.

Hey Gareth, where do you find the a building's Desc file and does each building have its own.

I can't find it anywhere.
Gareth
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gareth »

adamstrange hat geschrieben: Hey Gareth, where do you find the a building's Desc file and does each building have its own.
I haven't got HSII installed, so no idea about files and folder structure there. In the german version of SSRW you can find the building descs in the folder
desc_common.sue\land
The file dom contains some of the information about buildings. In this file there are also two include links:
#land\defdom and
#land\descdom
In defdom some global ARMOR and PROTECTION values are defined. All individual building properties are defined in descdom. The names of the buildings can be found here in the form of
name obj 100 $BLD_NAME_100 (or some other number...)
$BLD_NAME_100 stands as a variable for the name which is defined in
desc_common.sue\desc.lng
For buildings from other schemes look in desc_scheme2.sue\land, desc_scheme3.sue\land, desc_scheme4.sue\land.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Alles zum Thema Modding“