make unit using editor files?

Forum zum Thema Modding, um dort über "Neue Einheiten", Neue Objekte", "Modding Tools" usw zu diskutieren.
Antworten
mayor02
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

make unit using editor files?

Beitrag von mayor02 »

hi guys,
can somebody tell me is possible use editor files .col and .pck to make unit? need tools for that or is not possible?
"Make mod,play game but no war".
MaYor 8)
Gareth
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Re: make unit using editor files?

Beitrag von Gareth »

As far as I know the *.pck editor files only contain the pictures of the unit in non-destroyed state, also for tanks I think chassis and turret are not stored separately. So I would say that it is not possible unless you are willing to make the missing graphics from scratch.
But why would you need to do that? Do you really have only editor files without the in-game files of a unit?
Free Ukraine from russian aggression!
mayor02
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von mayor02 »

hey man,
I found some interesting files that look better in the editor and they are not same in game file of unit that why. I tried to add the missing images from another file but it won't pack. I don't know if there is any better and easier way
"Make mod,play game but no war".
MaYor 8)
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

Hi Mayor,

Not sure if this is what's causing your problem, but don't forget to add empty (plain magenta) .bmp files if necessary, depending on the unit type, you always need the full number of .bmp's in your packing folder, even if they are empty.

Naamloos.png
Naamloos.png (38.59 KiB) 1676 mal betrachtet

mayor02 hat geschrieben: 22.03.2021, 15:26 hey man,
I found some interesting files that look better in the editor and they are not same in game file of unit that why. I tried to add the missing images from another file but it won't pack. I don't know if there is any better and easier way
Antworten

Zurück zu „Alles zum Thema Modding“