Objects Editor

Forum zum Thema Modding, um dort über "Neue Einheiten", Neue Objekte", "Modding Tools" usw zu diskutieren.
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Objects Editor

Beitrag von Tijn »

Although Kosyak has released a great tool for editing almost all .res files, I prefer to use my own. It also got some features that are currently not in Sust_Graph. All new objects in RWM were created with this little tool.

How it works :

Put stand.res, stand.pl and stand.edt in one directory. Have a look at the sample files and figure it out....

We're always looking for people who would like to contribute to RMW, so if anyone finds use for this tool and manages some half decent graphics with it, feel free to share and post your results here.

I'm not a programming-pro, so any bugs you find you can keep ;) Maybe I'll fix them one day.

Martijn
Dateianhänge
ObjectEditor_community_release.zip
(79.49 KiB) 549-mal heruntergeladen
obr compiler.zip
(29.92 KiB) 510-mal heruntergeladen
obr-sample.zip
(3.57 KiB) 487-mal heruntergeladen
Stahlgewitter
Leutnant
Leutnant
Beitrag von Stahlgewitter »

Hi Martijn, ich wollte mit dem Object-Editor deine Beispiele laden aber bei mir benötigt er zum öffnen der Datei s-bahn.obr noch eine stand.res-Datei.

Wo finde ich die?
Die bmp.Dateien des S-Bahn Schildes sind ja da...
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

Ich haette noch melden sollen das es sich tatsachlich um 2 tools handelt - den objekten-editor und einen compiler/decompiler fuer einzelne objekte.

Die .res dateien befinden sich in das ostfrontscheme, einfach die .sue dateien auspacken und stand.* rausnehmen.
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Where can the .sue files of the ostfront-scheme be found, and how are they extracted?
Stahlgewitter
Leutnant
Leutnant
Beitrag von Stahlgewitter »

Kannst du mir eine kleine Anleitung zukommen lassen wie ich vorgehen muss?

Wie erstelle ich mir aus den bmp-Dateien die .obr-Datei?

Wäre Spitze, hätt Lust da mal was zu probieren...

@nevus.. i think with sue and unsue.
But i hope Tjin has an little instruction...
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

If i understand it correctly... you first need to decompile .res files to obtain .obr and .pl files, using the .obr compiler/decompiler. You then load the extracted .obr and .pl files in the record editor to edit them.

My prob is that I dont know where to find the .res files.
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

1) Can you write what all i must make if i will preview object in game ?
2) game objects use own paletes (*.pal) or how it works ?

thanks
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Ok... I sort of seem to have figured out the .res extraction part.

Now, to actually open stand.res in the decompiler, I first need to place 'stand.edt' in the same directory, as you said in your initial post. Where can i find this file?
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

Short manual for Sudden Strike Objects Editor

* Objects are stored in the stand.res file. Stand.res is found in [scheme name here].sue

* Palettes are stored in the stand.pl file. There are 8 palettes available. Each object is indexed to one of these palettes (in the editor this shows up as objects groups)

* Mini tiles (what you see in the minimap) are stored in stand.edt file, which in turn is found in [scheme edit name here].sue

Unsue the scheme files and for convenience copy stand.res, stand.pl and stand.edt to a separate directory. (Make sure that you are using stand.* files from the same scheme, using files from different schemes will get you weird results as palettes differ)

If you want to extract single objects (.obr files) use the obr compile. The file will extract with the name of the index of the object in the stand.res file. It is possible view and edit single objects without having the complete stand.res, but you will need the palette file.

To view an object, open it in the object record editor. (If the palette file is not in the same directory the programm will prompt you where to look for it, remember, the palette the object uses is one of the 8 palettes in stand.pl)

Each object has 2 states: undamaged and damaged.
Each state has max 3 graphics : 1 object, 2 shadow, 3 underground -> 6 images max.

! The programm only accepts bitmaps as input for new graphics
! object bitmaps and underground require magenta background
! shadow bitmaps require cyan background

Blocking : this determines if units see the object as an obstacle. The blocked tiles cannot be passed. (Unfortunately, it is not possible [yet] to make objects that can be crushed by vehicles). “Remainâ€
Tovarish
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Tovarish »

Na endlich kann ich meine Objekte einfügen...mein Bildschirm ist für SuSt-Graph zu klein :lol:

Dankeschön! :wink:
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Many thanks!

I still have a question.

Which game_scheme.sue file corresponds with or contains the OstfrontRWM scheme objects?

edit:

Ok... when i load the stand.res file it seems to work perfectly at first sight, but then, when i select one of the items from the list, an error message is prompted. When i select 'continue', nothing further happens...
Zuletzt geändert von nevux am 07.02.2009, 12:27, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

nevux hat geschrieben:Many thanks!

I still have a question.

Which game_scheme.sue file corresponds with or contains the OstfrontRWM scheme objects?

maybe rwm_eastfront_summer_scheme_game.sue? ;)
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Ok, couldn't find it at first!!
Last Soldier
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Beitrag von Last Soldier »

Tijn hat geschrieben:If you want to import the object back into the stand.res file, load it into the obr compiler, select an empty slot and import it.
i insert my object to pos. 119 (empty) and click to save all in menu but it does nothing, if i load .res again is this slot empty

kindergarten :D
Footage from the frontline on Youtube!
Tijn
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Tijn »

Last Soldier hat geschrieben:
Tijn hat geschrieben:If you want to import the object back into the stand.res file, load it into the obr compiler, select an empty slot and import it.
i insert my object to pos. 119 (empty) and click to save all in menu but it does nothing, if i load .res again is this slot empty

kindergarten :D
Ah, forgot to tell, it will save a "new.res" and a "new.edt" file in your folder automatically. Rename the new files to "stand" and see the result....
Antworten

Zurück zu „Alles zum Thema Modding“