welcome

An place for english questions !
Roy
Oberst
Oberst

welcome

Beitrag von Roy »

Hi! I hope this english section on the german sudden-strike-maps board will be the place where the english-speaking community of RWM can come together, sharing hints, bugs, new maps, and where new players will get a "home" for their first steps. In order to reach this we have to spread the link to this forum first, so tell your mates that we have a new english board now. I hope we will get some people here soon to fill this area :D .
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Nicht schlecht :wink:

No, seriously though, great idea for the English Faction. Hope it takes off.

Cheers,
Matt
Gojira
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Beitrag von Gojira »

Already spread the good news to some fellows-do they have to register to post here? that could become a problem ... My suggestion: in this thread a registration should not be necessary....

kind regards ,
gojira
Roy
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Roy »

I think they can post as "guest", but a registration shouldn't be a big problem.

You can even change the board-language to english and russian ;)
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich
Beitrag von For Real WW2 feeling »

finally! large THX :)
Visit a very good RWM SITE (with RWM units tables & many infos & dl...)(UK)
Bild
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

yep, it's a nice addition to this board! hopefully we can attract some english speaking people!

hey and don't forget to tell your english speakign friends and invite them! some advertising would be nice. and the best way is to recommend the board to mates...
grüße Stephan

Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

I'll do some advertising, make a few ads with some tanks on each side of military style writng saying something like "The RWM English forum on sudden-strike2-maps.de needs YOU! Enlist today and make a difference!"

LOL, unless some of you have beetter/cheesier lines?
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
Wolfman
Mannschaften
Mannschaften
Beitrag von Wolfman »

This is great, but I'm not to sure that all people who used to be on CDV forum will come here, from many reasons.
Sardaukar site is still down and I think he is not going to put it up in future, so people can only find about this site thru MMS (put a message in there).
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

LT albrecht hat geschrieben:I'll do some advertising, make a few ads with some tanks on each side of military style writng saying something like "The RWM English forum on sudden-strike2-maps.de needs YOU! Enlist today and make a difference!"

LOL, unless some of you have beetter/cheesier lines?
nice idea!!!
grüße Stephan

Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Thanks, I'll use beta 3 tanks (download finished 30 secs ago) I could make ones for different nationalities, hey we might get people from tons of english speaking countries, even that land that legends tell of "where mel Gibson roams with a broadsword and it is accepted for a man to wear a skirt!" (sorry anyone scottis hbut I had to put that in :D )
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

another idea would be to make an international version with a tank from each nation ... dunno whether you can combine them into one layout. maybe there's onlyenough space for one tank. this is up to you...
grüße Stephan

Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Yeah, maybe a row of tanks with a bit of text above it, "Churchill, T34 or Panther? You decide! Join the RWM english forums now! Meet other players and engage in realistic and challenging battles through the internet!" And ask barbarossa to put a message in RWM somewhere, maybe on the MMS or possibly in the "readme" file.
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Posted a thread in the official Fireglow forum for sudden strike, said requirements were:
1)speak English
2)Play RWM
3)Read the RWM Multi Player newbie thread if you aren't experienced at playing RWM MP.
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

great. thx for your effort!
LT albrecht hat geschrieben:Yeah, maybe a row of tanks with a bit of text above it, "Churchill, T34 or Panther? You decide! Join the RWM english forums now! Meet other players and engage in realistic and challenging battles through the internet!" And ask barbarossa to put a message in RWM somewhere, maybe on the MMS or possibly in the "readme" file.
sounds nice! :D well done :)
grüße Stephan

Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

I'll do something like the RWM 6.7 Beta ad Barbarossa had as his sig on suddenstrike.com (nice mod btw, I look forward to the next version - this one is great though but has a few bugs like disappearing tigers and a german recon plane that is a British biplane and that new ground attack plane with the 75mm PAK 40 is a russian douglas AG20 "havoc").

Anyway back to the topic in hand, it was about the size of the SS3 AFV banners that Magic touch (the moderator for the fireglow forums) put up for use as Sigs, it had a row of tanks along the bottom (different ones) and in red along the top: "Join The RWM 6.7 Beta2 Test now!"
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“