I remember when...

An place for english questions !
Antworten
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

I remember when...

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

I was going to post this on the 'normal' 6.7 forum but since we have a sparkly new english forum and I'm fundamentally quite lazy, here it is.

I remember that in the editor for SSF the american M3 halftrack was in the category "Trucks". No other halftracks were. But the cool thing was that because it was in the truck category it could be scripted to operate as a truck. That is, it could deliver a squad safely and rapidly to the battlefield, dismount them just before the enemy positions and then join the attack with the infantry fighting on foot. It still fired its MG as normal. For mapping this was really great cos you could script it to operate as a halftrack did in reality. As it is at the moment the AI halftracks in SP mode are useless.

Anyway, just as a thought, what do we think about the possibility of having atleast some halftracks (sdkfz 251/1, M3) in the truck category of the editor like the M3 was in SSF. It wouldn't affect their use in MP mode at all but would make them sooooo much better for single player scripting so that mechinfantry/pzgrenadiers can travel with the armoured units, dismount and then attack on foot to support the armour properly. When its properly scripted its really cool 8)

Cheers,
Matt
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Eeeew, an Aussie AND single player :shock: :lol:
Sounds like an idea, if it doesn't change its behaviour at all, why not.
Anyway, I'm flat out like a lizard drinking, bai. :lol:
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

would be a nice addition and also easy to integrate imo! everything that enhances gameplay should be considered to be taken over into RWM...
grüße Stephan

Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

I agree, it'd help for SP and I have a few uses (thinking of making a wermacht Russian front campaign) and contrary to My name I'm English (just thought I'd say that because I love being English)

Unrelated stuff:
I like the waffen SS man with the MP44 (Sturmgehwehr 44 or assault rifle 44 to those who haven't heard of babelfish translator - :-) just kidding - but he fires only in bursts and never uses the semi-automatic function the stg 44 had specifically for longer range (like the gehwehr 43 semiautomatic rifle, if I got all the german and weapons right I'm a small arms expert.) that is slightly related because I'd load them into the APC's that were scripted as trucks!
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“