RWM NEWBIE-GUIDE

An place for english questions !
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Finally a link to this thread is shown up in the news-secion of the popular multi-mod-switcher (mms).
Hope it will reach some more newbees. :mrgreen:
Make more propaganda for it in the game-lobby!!
Its easier to say "just look in the right newS-section of switcher"...than "go to ssm-messageboard..and then..."
Zuletzt geändert von -Barbarossa- am 13.05.2007, 19:24, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

-Barbarossa- hat geschrieben:Finally a link to this thread is shown up in the news-secion of the popular multi-mod-switcher (mms).
Hope it will reach some more newbees. :mrgreen:
Make more propaganda for it in the game-lobby!!
Its easier to say "just look in the right new-section of switcher"...than "go to ssm-messageboard..and then..."
yeah, that's great news!!! long live RWM! :)
grüße Stephan

Bild
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich
Beitrag von For Real WW2 feeling »

Do you were kind ?

- Ligth short table (chart) (ideal to fix it near to your PC ;) ) of principal RWM 6.7 units here
- Caution ! the color of collums is good in "Word" (2003) but very shiting in "Worpad".
Word Viewer free here in german (in the end url link change "de" in "en" if you want GB version, etc... for other lang)

if the link does not function, to try doing later again (another day). my site is limited in dowload

- 95,55 % finish (especially for Tanks) but not perfect, complet and not totalely checked at the moment and still with of "?"
- At the moment the fiews "fantassins" based on v 6.6

if you can checked it... critical welcome
Visit a very good RWM SITE (with RWM units tables & many infos & dl...)(UK)
Bild
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

toujours hat geschrieben:imho the hardest thing about RWM isn't playing the game, it's actually getting onto a server in the first place.

Example : Whats all that multiplayer feggotry about needing to have your ping show up ? I mean wtf ? This afternoon viriato and his cronies got all worked up coz I didn't have a ping. So they banned me. :roll:
hi toujours .First I apologise if offended you .it wasnt my intention.
If i remember the incident i think your ping got stuck. it was a 6v6 map and we were waiting for a long time to fill it up i dont remember who mentioned you were stuck it was 6v6 already and then as i kicked you out some one came in inmediatly .it was a matter of deciding quick Or start the game after a tedious waiting Or run the risk of waiting for you to return if you were still there.As i said again it wasnt my intention to hurt anybody.I always welcome people in the games even ssack hehee unless they are reknown temkillers or absolute lunnies
I do not have cronies by the way or I do not belong to any clan.
A good way to know if you are still there in the waiting room is to click any button either nation or group for example occasionaly and see if there is a reaction on your screen.or write something
The only way a host knows if there is somebody there is by ping movement if it goes up or down but sometimes this is not accurate as it might take some time to move and maybe in the hurry to start i kicked you out by mistake.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Gojiras introduction is very good .I suppose you must consider other aspects as if you are a natural fast player quick to react in general or slow and you need time to develope a strategy in all games which doesnt mean you are bad.It is only a matter of time factor and important too knowing the map you are playing.The more you play it the less chances you have in repeating earlier mistakes.
I suppose if you lack confidence at the beginning either because you have no playing skills developed yet or because it is a new map i suppse the first 2 golden rules are : dont rush wiht everything you got to your first assigned strategic area target and second be receptive to what your team players tell you and even support your nearest flank mates to avoid camping.(you might be able to infilct a short surprise flank counter attack on a possible enemy offensive on of your side mates and saving the situation)
another important thing. dont look only at your belly and when you can check the map broadly to see any further developments where you might possibly assist.I know this is sometimes difficult due to nervousness or fear of being hit in your area so you get stuck watching your own units all the time
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

^^ nice additions. THX! :)
grüße Stephan

Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

I agree, I'm an MP newbie and I tried playing "The Battle of The Ruhr 2.0" 2vs2, I had a HUGE flank and didn't secure any of it, my partner quit because he was convinced we had lost... you can't blame me, I didn't know I had to secure all that! I had a handful of shermans and a few truckloads of inf... stopped to get guns in case of tanks and he quit on me!
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

i hate people that quit when they think their team is about to lose. playing on the loosing side can be funny, too. i love to reorganize my last units to make the enemies life harder... :D
furthermore you can relax, because there is no stress or need to take that specific flag oder to defend that position. you just put up a good fight and try to build up a nice little frontline with your last units...
grüße Stephan

Bild
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

this maybe imprtant.
If you are new and virgin yet do not be put off by certain comments made by certain players towards you.There are certain people that like to insult or ruin your game calling you all sort of names .Do not worry unless you deserve it :D . it has become part of the "tradition" .it is part of the psichological warfare if it is done to the enemy but it could be considered a "TEAM KILLER" behaviour if it is done to you without proper reasons
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

good statement...
to put into a nutshell: just relax if there's someone who is saying some bad things ... ;)
grüße Stephan

Bild
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

The Battle of The Ruhr 2.0" 2vs2, I had a HUGE flank and didn't secure any of it, my partner quit because he was convinced we had lost... you can't blame me
@dude 2 vs 2 in ruhr it's lol!! because it is an flat map and you have lots of space for manoeuvres!
@This newb guide must be translate in french for french players!!they play realy ..... and maybe if they read this newb guide willl help them!ask Shadock to do it! he is the only who know english; rest of the french players even basic engl is a thing foreign .

@dont know exact if there is a germa version of newb guide!Is?
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

adrian you can find the german and french version here:

http://www.sudden-strike-2-maps.de/phpB ... e&start=90
grüße Stephan

Bild
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

pTah hat geschrieben:adrian you can find the german and french version here:

http://www.sudden-strike-2-maps.de/phpB ... &start=90
problem is that nobody ready or put in aplication what is write over there :? that is realy sad to see rushers and noobs who dont know to dl a map via or how to kill a tank without to lose an entire army :wink:
dai

Re: RWM NEWBIE-GUIDE

Beitrag von dai »

I suggest saying something about how to fight. My friends and I used to play, they don't like it anymore, and what they would do is send an entire army with inf in trucks to secure a flag. They would send them right into the teeth of my awaiting inf, guns, or tanks.
Even though it's considered a bad idea, I'm going to lay out my normal strategy:
As the game starts, I send a very small number of units to secure the flags and such closest to the starting position, and send much of my main force towards the center or so of the map. Atleast, I try to get as close to the center as possible, seeing as there is normaly a good defensive position there with an important flag. I set up a defensive position, and use the majority of my men. The rest I will send on little scouting missions and probes around the sides of the enemy positions. Very shortly, the enemy will start an attack, driving right into the teeth of awaiting guns. If it's a nice defendable city with tight streets, then you sit and wait for them to get into the city, and then open up on them. If every unit of theirs is being attacked from all sides by tanks, entrenched infantry, guns, and even mines, they are pretty much screwed. Espeacially if your close enough to make their arty ineffective. It's a simple plan of speeding up to an important position, taking it, and then awaiting the enemy.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“