Poll about

An place for english questions !
Antworten

Should medium tanks be able to do damage to heavy tanks?

I'm all for it
43%
Against it
57%

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 14

Lamafarmer

Poll about

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Since it more often comes down to the situation where you just quickly try to destroy all tanks that can harm your Panther, Comet, Stalin etc. because you know that the others cannot harm them, I think it might be worth to look into the impact properties of medium tanks again.

I found out that a PzIV H's range is about 100m and I think it should be able to penetrate almost everything. (PzIV's length ~6.9m, range covers about 18 PzIVs, equals ~105 meters). Same goes for the other tanks like the Sherman series etc.

There might have to be some restrictions though; including the Königstiger and maybe Panther, because of its thickness and/or sloped armour.

Note for the Germans: Bitte nicht voten wenn ihr schon im anderen Thread gevoted habt
Note for the international players: Please don't vote in the other Thread if you have already voted in here
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

it would be nice when these tanks would inflict a few hitpoints damage...
grüße Stephan

Bild
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich
Beitrag von For Real WW2 feeling »

if it's WW2 REAListic... yes
if it's science fiction... NO! (for that exist HS2... thx)

so i dont know at the moment, i dont can vote...
Visit a very good RWM SITE (with RWM units tables & many infos & dl...)(UK)
Bild
Roy
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Roy »

It would be realistic if a T34 damages a Tiger on a range under 150m. Over 150 it wouldt damage it.
The problem is that SuSt doesnt calculate ranges. You can only set "damage" or "no damage". Both isnt realistic.
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

therefore, as the ranges shoot in RWM are really… really not realistic (same only in feels).
Proportionally with realism (given on the scale) and like true the battles of tanks were very seldom done also near , that should thus remain as it is currently, I thus vote not (in already DE topic), thx for your explanation ;)
Bild
Langemarck
Schütze
Schütze
Beitrag von Langemarck »

Considering that even the best tanks brake down when they were hit on their weak spot like their tracks, suspension,bogie wheels,peep holes, periscopes,the base of the turret and gun shield, I think it would be best to make the damage more gameplay based than reality.

Also if the tanks were hit by a shell on their frontal plate, it would bounce of instead of making it explode depending on the caliber of and the plate of course. They always aimed at their weak spots which were all discribed in reports from field commanders.
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

I voted no cos atm this forces ger player to employ certain tactics to guard his heavier tanks and i guess its also realistic.
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

me, I vote initially for feeling realism (for me the better fun gameplay).
After, knowing the parameters of the units, it's only with mappers to manage and make the maps equitables.

but with good to think of it, this vote is a fiew reducer ...
medium tanks types is very large...
i think you speak about T34-76, Sherman (76 mm) and equivalent GB and DE (Pz IV)

and not about T34-85 or tank with 17 pdf (Comet too) ? (but for me and in RWM in mediium tanks types too...)
and you speak of shoot front or side or back ?

for serie T34-76, Pz IV types, etc.. i vote yes for side (less) and back faces of T1/JS1 and equivalent, and TII back face

for serie T34-85 ? 85 mm gun of T34 had a destroying effect of face on the Tigers I in WW2 ? (but it's alredy like that ?)
for serie T34-85 vs Tiger II (KT/T2), i vote yes of side (less) and back
for serie Comet and 17 pdf, i vote yes for Front T1 and side/back T2 (but it's alredy like that ?), and of course 90mm face for all tanks

difficult to vote ;)
Bild
toujours

Beitrag von toujours »

Only if the new Rocket llamas (v 6.8 ) can blow the heavy tanks apart. >_>
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“