Joining MP Game...

An place for english questions !
Gabriele
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Joining MP Game...

Beitrag von Gabriele »

Hi all,
I'm Gabriele and i write from Italy. When i'm trying to join a MP gam from the MMS mask then occour this message "Connection error". How can i do to join a game?
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

When exactly does it appear? Can you see any games listed at all after you've clicked on the "multiplayer" entry in the MMS menu on the left?
Gabriele
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Gabriele »

Lamafarmer hat geschrieben:When exactly does it appear? Can you see any games listed at all after you've clicked on the "multiplayer" entry in the MMS menu on the left?
The message appear just after i launch the game by double clicking on a game from the list of multiplayer game.
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Are you using a router? If you are, then you need to open up a couple ports including 2 or 3 port ranges.

First of all, you need to assign a static Lan IP to your PC.
Then you need to configure your router (and your firewall as well) and open up / forward following ports:

TCP 47626, TCP 6073, TCP 2300-2400, TCP 28800-28900.

In some cases you also need to open / forward the following:

27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
28900 (Master Server List Request)
29900 (GP Connection Manager)
29901 (GP Search Manager)
13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
6515 (Dplay UDP)
Gabriele
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Gabriele »

Ok i'll try.
Thanks for the assistance.
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

You're welcome. Tell me if you can play now.
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

you can also try the "fix config" button in the options-window...
possibly this can help you as it fixes many simple problems.
grüße Stephan

Bild
Gabriele
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Gabriele »

I don't know how to set my router configuration....
I tried to clik "fix config".
Now the message "connection error" does not appear, but i cant'see any game in the list after double-cliking a game from the MMS Multiplayer menu..
Another time, sorry for annoying thanks for your cooperation, i hope i can resolve my problems and joining some MP Game.
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

in this case you have a prob with your router-config. you need to look for a manual for your router and then you have to activate "port-forwarding" to your comuter's ip...

just try to ask google. there are a lot of tips concerning port-forwarding and router. also there are a lot of tip inside this forum in the networking area ...
grüße Stephan

Bild
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

hi well as this seems to be the conection thread Iam having a nightmare lately.it started about 3 days ago hosting a game ...evrythin went fine until I got a pupop message from my norton antivirus in the middle of the game asking for permission or blocking godknows what .i think i blocked it as i cant remember very in all the frenzy of the battle .
i did not give much importance till the following day i tried to host again.
nobody joined.I know i am not grat player but i did not get any reaction of players.So after waiting for some time i joined another match.no problem.yesterday i tried hosting and after making some tests i realized i cant host anymore.Some players could not see my game.they were able to dl via ms my map but could not enter .
i have tried everything even checking my norton configuration.
I have a simple cable adsl modem conected directly to the telephone socket -computer.not a wireless router.
The worst comes now.After testing and testing I decided to reinstall the entire game but now I get a message "LIst out of bounds"all the time .
I doble checked the route to install the mod .even older versions that is rwm 65 ,66 and i encounter the same problem.
HEEEEEEELP :cry:
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

Either use medium security mode or search "unblocking ports" in help, you need to open the directx 8+ ports, and set "game mode" when you play (right click on the icon in the bottom right on your taskbar and select "game mode", then "allow all" minimise that whilst playing and select the turn off option that replaces the "allow all" button when you're done)

Either that or you've denied something that SS2 needs for MP play...
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Sorry albreght i dont understand .Are you talking about the antivirus or windows and in windows where should i go to find the medium thing.
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

sorry, wrong antiviris... I thought you had zonealarm because notices from that have popped up whilst I was playing in the past (replace norton as soon as possible, it always messes stuff up...) Now I understand your situation I can give you this advice: "Either unblock the ports I said earlier on windows firewall or turn it off when you play and please, for your own good replace norton with Zone Alarm antivirus, AVG or another good, reccomended antivirus; just not norton! If you don't know how to unblock ports then search it on windows help"
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
bigbadwolf
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von bigbadwolf »

I'm sorry for grave digging this topic, but I have a problem. I tried to set up my router as instructed in that other thread about networking, but I still cant see any games.
Bild

I turned off Zonealarm, but still no change. what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
bigbadwolf
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von bigbadwolf »

bigbadwolf hat geschrieben:I'm sorry for grave digging this topic, but I have a problem. I tried to set up my router as instructed in that other thread about networking, but I still cant see any games.
Bild

I turned off Zonealarm, but still no change. what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Anyone?Please? :(
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“