Balancing Thread in multiplay

An place for english questions !
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

viriato hat geschrieben:i see many people using the big cats in games .what about smaller units?
any idea what to use for:
PZ pfw 35
PZ pfw 38
PZ E 37mm
PZ II F 20mm
PZ III F 37mm
PZIII L 50mm
Stug III B 75mm
Stug III G 75mm
Pz jg marder 76mm.
i would be much obliged for the help :D
For the first 5 I'd say Stuarts, Tetrarchs and maybe Crusaders (then +1 or more German tanks), Char Legers and Somuas, T-26s and T-60s. The bulky Russian T-28s and T-35s can also be used, since they go down quickly and need more time to reload, because they got a 76,2mm gun. Though you might want to give the Germans 2-3 tanks for one.

For the PzIII L you have to keep in mind that most of the aforementioned tanks, except the Crusaders and T-28s/T-35s, cannot penetrate the front, making it almost invulnerable if used properly. I think anything above 45mm can penetrate the front, so it would be wise to give Chaffees and Crusaders, depending on the year and the setting.
The PzIII L can also be used as a "Su-76 hunter".
Otherwise you'll have to place a couple more of the smaller tanks so they got a chance to surround them, if you don't have any Crusaders or heavier tanks.

The StuG III B is rather vulnerable against almost everything, so you gotta be careful when placing it against large amounts of very mobile tanks, even though they might have a small armament. Other than that, you might want to place a StuG III B vs. a Char Lourd B-1 bis in combination with another StuG III B or maybe 2 PzIV D. The Char Lourd B-1 is really hard to overcome and usually shot 'empty', rather than being destroyed. Other opponents would be T-34/76s, preferably the mod 40 and maybe Matilda tanks, although they are very slow and rather easy prey for them if used cleverly.

As for the StuG III Gs, I'd say you can have almost everything as its opponent. Everything except maybe 20mm guns can damage the front (maybe it's the same as with the PzIII L though, I'm not sure) and its gun should be as good as the PzIV H's. Only downside is the lack of a turret, so be careful with very mobile tanks against it. You could try Shermans, a Lee 1:1 + another small German tank like the PzIII F, T-34s, maybe a T-70 + a Su-76, stuff like that.

Same goes for the Marder; just treat it as a StuG III G with less hitpoints and an open rear or like an Su-76.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

(\quote)For the first 5 I'd say Stuarts, Tetrarchs and maybe Crusaders (then +1 or more German tanks), Char Legers and Somuas, T-26s and T-60s. The bulky Russian T-28s and T-35s can also be used, since they go down quickly and need more time to reload, because they got a 76,2mm gun. Though you might want to give the Germans 2-3 tanks for one.(\quote)

I do not understand lamafarmer.you mean add 2 german units for evry allied or russian unit you mentioned?
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Nah, only for the T-28s / T-35s, since they take a couple of shots to destroy, but destroy the early war stuff with usually 1 shot.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Thanks lama but cuold you be a bit more precise
maybe put in a list:
pzk 35 vs....
pzk 38 vs...
i would be thankful :)
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

The PzKpfw 35T was good for its time, I'd say a Stuart, maybe a T-26s or even a T-70, T-60, one or two Tetrarchs, maybe a Somua.

It all depends on ALL the units you put in a reenforcements container though. Let's say you got 3 PzKpfw 35Ts: You could give either 2 Stuarts and a Humber w/ the 37mm, or a T-60 and two T-26s, or a T-60, one T-70 and a T-26s. Something like that. Don't count out the APCs btw; the Dingo with its 2pdr is fast and makes good use of its gun against early war tanks. I actually had to remove it and replace it with the Humber on my France map because it was too strong.

Oh btw, I think there's not a big difference between both the 35T and the 38T, but I think the 35T was the one that was available to the Germans in larger quantities.
Langemarck
Schütze
Schütze
Beitrag von Langemarck »

balancing tips:
1. Set the exp of all infantry to 15
2. pak40=us3inch=zis3-> for uk use us3.00inch
3. always make sure that infantry is balanced -> for uk use the us MG
4. Tanks:
-Best is to make a combination of tanks ( in general you should have the same firepower, armour , speed and range for all nations ).
-Try to give an even quantity of tanks.
-Tanks should have at least 25-30exp and not to high.
-Try to avoid using tanks that you don't know very well.
-Don't use to many units at the same time, give tank hunters and normal tanks in seperate reinforcement

*EXAMPLES*
-Panther+ pz H/G = 2t34 mod44= comet + cromwell
(3panther+3pzH= 6t34mod44=3comet+3cromwell).

- Jagdpanther+ Nashorn=2su100=2 jackson (45xp instead of 30)
(jagd+nash+2stug=2su100+2su75=2jackson+2hellcat).

-Konigtiger+2tiger=2js2+su122=4Pershing
+be carefull when you add bombers, don't give many when you work with kt or ele.

----------------------------------------------------
-APC 7.62mm:
BA64 = SD 221 = A4 vickers = (perfect)

-APC 20mm:
'SD kfg 6rad or 8rad= greyhound= dingo= BA6or10' (+-)

-APC 45-50mm:
PUMA= BA6+20XP= greyhound+20xp = dingo+20xp or 2pounder+20xp = stuart (+-)

-APC 75mm:
SD 251/9 = M3 halftrack (perfect)

-Flametrower:
P23 or sd 250/1 = Ot-26 = Bren carrier or A22 churchill

-Tank 20mm:
Pz II F = T60= (tetrarch or daimler dingo)

-Tank 37-45mm
PZ 23t +20xp= bt-7 = stuart a5
pz35t=bt7=stuart

-Tank 50mm
PZ 3L = BT34 = cruisader 3

-Tank 75mm
pz3 N = t34 mod40 = m24 chaffee

stug 2 b or pzjager1 = t28 = sherman mine clearer

Pz D = (t34 Mod 40) = a4 sherman 75mm

PZ H or G = t34 mod 41 (57mm) = cromwell +15xp

-Tank 85mm
panther=kv1 85mm=su85=su122(+-)=comet

-Tank88mm
tiger=js1=black prince

-SPG
jgd pz hetzer (or marder 3/2+10xp)= su76

jgd pz 4 pak39 = kv1 76.2mm

jgd pz 4 pak 42 = su 85

Jagdpanther+Nashorn= 2su100= 2jacksons
2nashorn= su100+su85 m= 2jacksons

Ele=JS2+(10xp)=2pershing

Jagdtiger= 3isu122(full xp)
------------------------------------------------------------
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

isnt 2 tigers maybe too much here??
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

Suka hat geschrieben:
isnt 2 tigers maybe too much here??
yes !! lol lange 2 tigers +1kt vs 2 js 2 and one su 122:))))))))
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

yawn :roll:
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Matttheoz hat geschrieben:yawn :roll:
our own armchair generals, aren't they just lovely? ;D
Langemarck
Schütze
Schütze
Beitrag von Langemarck »

Nah, kt + 2tiger is good, most maps have bombers + 2js2 & isu122 are much stronger even frontal, try it if you don't believe me!
And also remember what i said about quatity balance.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

so lads i still havent come up for a proper answer about "the small ones"from the experimented guys.
For example aftter reading something against the pzIII L 50mm ...which then??? some say the Lee ,some say the stuart ,or chafee ,at least you agree on Crusader for british.Dam it i just played a big map and everybody seemed to know about everything ...
i used a combination of literally every combination for every pleasure and still no agreement :(
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Well what do you think? I told you everything you need to know :P
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

Langemarck hat geschrieben:Nah, kt + 2tiger is good, most maps have bombers + 2js2 & isu122 are much stronger even frontal, try it if you don't believe me!
And also remember what i said about quatity balance.
hahahaha kt +2 tigers sv 2 js 2 and isu 122 even bonapart dont make some scripts")))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))like
in this case ussr has no chance its like 3 vs 3 tanks and js 2 are half killed by kt from one shot.so think againe lange i am still laughing :lol:
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

hahahaha check my post hahaha it's very constructive now check out all my brackets ((((((((((( hahaha

:roll: :lol:
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“