Bugreporting and whishes for 6.7 final

An place for english questions !
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major
Bugreporting and whishes for 6.7 final

Beitrag von |FrEaK|Safran »

Heyho...
In opened this thread equivalent to the one in the german board.
http://www.sudden-strike-2-maps.de/phpB ... php?t=7058

If you find bugs or things that should be added or changed feel free to post here :D
Of course, if you know units of another mod you would like to see here or if you have (realistic) whishes, fell free, too.

Greetings

Safran
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

yes, and bring in some ideas for new units for other nations than germany. because we german guys only discuss which new german units we wanna have. ;)
grüße Stephan

Bild
adrian
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von adrian »

pTah hat geschrieben:yes, and bring in some ideas for new units for other nations than germany. because we german guys only discuss which new german units we wanna have. ;)
what new units? :lol: maybe u want a "Mouse" or JS 3 ;U can play HS!!!
New units mean prototypes or units who failed in war 8)
Roy
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Roy »

There are enough units which are no prototypes and which are not in the game ;)
Perhaps some romanian tank? 8)
Ulan Bator
Fahnenjunker
Fahnenjunker

Beitrag von Ulan Bator »

What´s about the Polish, Hungarian, Belgium and Netherland Units from SSNMod 2.0?
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

pTah hat geschrieben:yes, and bring in some ideas for new units for other nations than germany. because we german guys only discuss which new german units we wanna have. ;)
Yeah... but all the coolest units were German :wink: .

A couple of things:

Infantry can't sink the rubberboats (schlauchboote) and neither can spandaus. I realise that for playability they shouldn't go down too easily but I think ultimately a spandau should be able to sink a rubberboat.

I also hit an AP mine with a rubberboat and took no damage :shock:

The boat also keeps repeating "keine munition mehr" ad infinitum which is nothing major but it gets on your nerves.

I also think the coolness factor of rwm would be massively enhanced if machine pistols would fire in short bursts of 3-6 rounds or so, with very short pauses in between rather than belting out their entire magazine in one burst. When more than a couple of MPs are firing at the same target it looks and sounds pretty cheesy. Short bursts might also help them to manouvre between bursts when engaging (or disengaging) a target rather than hitting the deck and emptying a full clip before moving further.

The heavy flak i think is excellent now. However i think the medium flak (37-40mm) is still too deadly aginst aircraft. I think its probably too accurate against air targets.

8cm mortars need a boost of fire power. At the moment they only kill outright if they hit a man on the helmet. Even then, the bloke standing next to him keeps smoking his cigarette as if nothing has happened. More schrapnel effect is needed. Atleast enough so that men in the direct vicinity of a mortar burst feel compelled to hit the deck.

The Stork is the good beans man. Looks and flies really cool. 8)

I would also suggest replacing the russian 160mm mortar with the 120mm model. It would look very similar. But the 160mm was a relatively rare late war design with only around a thousand being used from late '44 whereas the 120mm saw every major battle from '41 and around 50,000 were issued. Could also be easily converted into the german 12cm mortar.

Last very minor and possibly superfluous point: the Marders might benefit from firing their MGs from out of the fighting comparment rather than from the hull.

But in general the mod is awesome

Cheers,
Matt
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Matttheoz hat geschrieben:[...]

The heavy flak i think is excellent now. However i think the medium flak (37-40mm) is still too deadly aginst aircraft. I think its probably too accurate against air targets.

[...]

I think the exact opposite of the 37mm AA guns. They are only effective in masses in my opinion. On my map Feldschlacht even five 37mm German AA guns placed in a small radius weren't able to take down a C-47 properly, which is flying slower than the other planes.

If you've tested the 37mm on a Storch the problem's not with the 37mm but with the Storch itself - it flys very slowly and is very vulnerable.
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Lamafarmer hat geschrieben:
Matttheoz hat geschrieben:[...]

[...]

I think the exact opposite of the 37mm AA guns. They are only effective in masses in my opinion. On my map Feldschlacht even five 37mm German AA guns placed in a small radius weren't able to take down a C-47 properly, which is flying slower than the other planes.

If you've tested the 37mm on a Storch the problem's not with the 37mm but with the Storch itself - it flys very slowly and is very vulnerable.
No. The Stork comment has nothing to do with the flak comment. I just like the stork. Although it is definately fragile against any form of flak.

I tested 2 37mm russian flaks against an me109 and three times in a row they took him down on the first pass. Against flying buses like a c47, two or three 37s should be a certain kill. But against a porsche of the sky like a 109, 2 37s should not have immediate success. Transports should probably be a bit weaker if 5 37s can't take them down.

Cheers,
Matt
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

Matttheoz hat geschrieben:
Yeah... but all the coolest units were German :wink: .
yeah, that's probably right... :D

Matttheoz hat geschrieben: ...
A couple of things:
I also think the coolness factor of rwm would be massively enhanced if machine pistols would fire in short bursts of 3-6 rounds or so, with very short pauses in between rather than belting out their entire magazine in one burst. When more than a couple of MPs are firing at the same target it looks and sounds pretty cheesy. Short bursts might also help them to manouvre between bursts when engaging (or disengaging) a target rather than hitting the deck and emptying a full clip before moving further.
that's a really great idea! is this possible with our beloved sust-engine??
grüße Stephan

Bild
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

pTah hat geschrieben: that's a really great idea! is this possible with our beloved sust-engine??
In a perfect world I imagined it would be a matter of altering the length of the burst from the present 32rounds down to 3-6 rounds and altering the time between bursts to half a second or so. But, I don't know exactly how it works with sust??? In theory it would be like how the 2cm Kwk armed recon cars now fire really realistic short bursts rather than spraying out an all-consuming inferno like they used to.

Have also noticed that the german flamethrower shoots directly through buildings from the next street :shock:

If this is going to be allowed I would atleast think the building he is firing through should catch fire. Looks a bit wierd when a stream of flame suddenly appears from an empty house and cooks your tank that is currently reloading under cover

I also hadn't realised that soldiers in foxholes can't fire out of them. Seems to be a few problems with foxholes lately. I would say they were fine as they were, just so long as the infantry can fire from them AND be killable with infantry weapons (grenades, rifles, MPs) when inside them.

Didn't LRM or SSN used to have a foxhole that worked fine, looked like our current one and could be occupied by any soldier (ie- didn't need a crew)? I haven't played those mods for ages but seem to remember this to be the case. Maybe someone who is more familiar with the other mods can clear this up? I don't think making them as a house is the best option if it can be avoided. The benefits of foxholes being a 'unit' rather than a 'house', are that once they are destroyed they no longer block manouvre ( a tank should be able to roll over a destroyed foxhole); and secondly, if occupied intact they can be repaired which is the closest thing to digging in in sust.

Also, I know its been said before, but wouldn't it be cool if all houses could be 'enabled' as ruins (instead of just a couple), so that even the rubble piles can be reoccupied once a house is destroyed. Would heave up the realism and street fights would be alot more fun/challenging.

Cheers,
Matt
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

yeah! you have a lot of nice ideas!!!
grüße Stephan

Bild
Watchdog1
Schütze
Schütze

artillery damage to terrain

Beitrag von Watchdog1 »

Hello. Ever since STW forum went away, I havent seen any english forums to disscuss SS2- RWM. Yes its a good thing to have an English section on this site. Anyway artillery dosen't do any terrain damage(ie) craters in the winter scheme or desert scheme. Wishes for finnal version.
Langemarck
Schütze
Schütze
Beitrag von Langemarck »

Ulan Bator hat geschrieben:What´s about the Polish, Hungarian, Belgium and Netherland Units from SSNMod 2.0?
I agree, the mod is starting to become 'Real German Warfare Mod'
some extra units simular to the candian riflemen would be cool
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

Langemarck hat geschrieben:
Ulan Bator hat geschrieben:What´s about the Polish, Hungarian, Belgium and Netherland Units from SSNMod 2.0?
I agree, the mod is starting to become 'Real German Warfare Mod'
some extra units simular to the candian riflemen would be cool
yep, would be a nice addition when there are more/new units for other nations...
grüße Stephan

Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

Units other than german ones eh? Good, not that they're not cool but we need some variety, I shall return with a small list of units I'd like added and if you support me please say which units you agree with and which ones you don't (as if people could argue with more units being added :) ) The french need a howitzer and truck because they don't have either, more frenchmen to force into surrender!!!!

RANDOM FACT
The churchill tanks didn't have 2PDR hull guns after the first versions! They had 7.92mm BESA mgs, 2pdr guns weren't thought to be worth the 6th crew member so a BESA was mounted instead with models built after about 1940... no 2PDR!
Churchills with 75mm guns and hull mounted 2pdrs didn't exist! Nice model barbarossa but it didn't happen so switch the 2pdr for a machinegun please.
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“