Map info for RWM

An place for english questions !
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

I just dld a few about the french campaign .There is a very comprehensive ilustrated map about the opreation in the ardennes which could be used to recreate a map scenario .The river ,forests buldings etc...I just had a quick look and there is one about a rommels operation too
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Matttheoz hat geschrieben:Absolutely...better maps. Take some pressure off the modders (make that moddeR) by making realistic maps with a realistic ratio of men to tanks (yes, there were more men than tanks :wink: ) and not using tigers in 1941 and Pz Is in 1944 etc.

I'm not sure how many mappers visit our little english-speaking enclave here but if they want advice on maps and can't use the german map making sections then why not post here. We definately need more quality maps.

You are definately right about the effort involved. I've been working on a new Stalingrad 512er for 6.7 based on aerial photographs and period maps and reports for a few months already and still need a while. Hard to scale a full city and get the feel right with the limited resources in the editor and the restrictions on houses etc. Mappers definately need all the help and encouragement they can get. Good idea.
hi :D well i am working on a Prokhorovka map the same size and it is pain staking... especialy if you are alone .for your interest i made a huge city map konigburg 384 .The problem is I used the buildings up to the extreme limit permited by the engine but if you want to use it as a reference you are welcome ...the problem is I dont know how to send it to you ... it would be great to share files and save effort . I have an old map converter to open maps in the editor but it is for ss2
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

@Viriato
Thanks alot for the offer but I am actually (finally) about finished with the city itself (if you like you can check out some screenies here...I should probably up a couple more but am just about to go on a post-Pfingsten holiday 8) ). I am now working mainly on the steppe (harder than it sounds :wink: ) and the hinterland in general.

Good luck with your map by the way!! They take ages I know but after all a 512er is actually 4x256ers joined together and they are definately worth it in the end! A bit of room to manouvre... 8)

Cheers,
Matt
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

no problem .but one question .i know it is going to be a stupid one .how do you upload stuff in the forum? :D
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Matttheoz hat geschrieben:@Viriato
Thanks alot for the offer but I am actually (finally) about finished with the city itself (if you like you can check out some screenies here...I should probably up a couple more but am just about to go on a post-Pfingsten holiday 8) ). I am now working mainly on the steppe (harder than it sounds :wink: ) and the hinterland in general.

Good luck with your map by the way!! They take ages I know but after all a 512er is actually 4x256ers joined together and they are definately worth it in the end! A bit of room to manouvre... 8)

Cheers,
Matt
great stuff by the way
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

viriato hat geschrieben:how do you upload stuff in the forum? :D
Sry dude. Went on holiday last week and couldn't reply.

Depends what you mean by "stuff". If you mean pics, then normally you would have to upload them first to an image hoster and then post just the url using the "Img" option.

However just as of very recently and thanks to the good work of General Lammers, you can just click "Attachment hinzufügen" (add attachment) then "Durchsuchen" (search) and thus upload attachments directly from your computer to the forum. Hth.

Und @ General Lammers...Vielen Dank Herr General. Noch ne tolle Arbeit von dir.

Cheers,
Matt
Langemarck
Schütze
Schütze
Battle of Britain 1v1

Beitrag von Langemarck »

Presenting my new 1v1 Battle of Britain.
It's a huge battle and most units are already on the map when the game starts, the terrain is a miniature map of southern Britain and northern France.
units:
German:
-Kriegsmarine
-Luftwaffe (Junkers Ju87,Junkers Ju88,Heinkel 111,Focke Wulf 190)
-Luftflotte 2
-BATTERIE TODT
-Turms 305mm Bunkers I-IV
-Krupp K5 railway gun
ATLANTIC WALL (armee obercomando 7 and 15)
V2 bunkers: 1.Eperlecques (blockhaus) 2.Wizernes (La Coupole) 3.Siracourt 4.Predefin

United Kingdom:
Royal navy (HMS Erebus I02)
RAF (Supermarine Spitfire,Hawker Hurricane)
Coastal Crust

objective: the germans must capture the isle of wight and isle of jersey,
after that they get paras, bombers, landing troops to invade the uk.
after 30mins the british get naval support which are needed to capture the islands back and get bombers paras landing boats... to invade the reich.

Bild
pTah
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel
Beitrag von pTah »

wohaaa... looks like it was a lot of work!
very interesting one.... thx!
grüße Stephan

Bild
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich
Beitrag von For Real WW2 feeling »

hi and thx for your job, the size of GB & FR contry is strange,
but why not, after on a ground i think us will not realize that ;)

but i dont no if 1vs1 is popular in MP. I play never in this range,
I prefer starting from 4vs4, for the "team work" and of the "size of maps"
allowing the "movements". But as i like the richness and divesity of RWM
units and SS2 (trains, boats, etc...) and i think than your scenario
(in histo feeling) is interesting with the units of 1940/42
(scenario too rare) and units too rarely used.

so, think you is possible creat a map in 4vs4 by exemple ?
they would be sympathetic ;) (of course, if it's possible technily)
Visit a very good RWM SITE (with RWM units tables & many infos & dl...)(UK)
Bild
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Your terrain looks totally dull. Add shadows, meadows, orchards, different kind of fields like wheat fields etc.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

hi here is one of mine.
It is a 384 x384.i nearly busted the editor in quantity of buildings allowed in a map i think it is 800 but this one has 1006 I think.
it is a Königburg
Dateianhänge
Königburg
Königburg
konig 3.jpg (169.53 KiB) 6887 mal betrachtet
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

it took me ages to make but it is playable but if I add even one single little toilet shack to it the game crashes.pity about the limit of buildins and objects you can add to a game
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major
Beitrag von |FrEaK|Safran »

:shock: awesome :shock:

Where do I get this map????

Plz hurry on :wink:
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Try downloading it via ms in the mms.
Sometimes i host or it maybe hosted.
I fyou want to opened in the editor I use a mapconverter programme.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

And here is a curiosity i made a year ago .Again in 384x384.Remeber the good old Japs? :D
Dateianhänge
saipang
saipang
saipang.jpg (610.84 KiB) 6885 mal betrachtet
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“