Map info for RWM

An place for english questions !
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Do I see your former map in the top corner there? :P
As for the limit: If you're talking about the house limit, yes, I'm afraid it's a real limit. At least when I had about 1800~ houses on a map, most of them disappeared.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Sorry lama i meant 50000 objects as limit but i made a map with 80000 and i had no problem but it was a smaller map
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

The object limit won't cause you any problems. You have to realize that just playing with a mod like RWM already puts a heap of stress on the old engine cos of all the enhanced/xtra sounds/graphics like explosions etc. Most BTWs will be caused by system instability caused by the mod itself rather than the map -eg- too many high intensity explosions/tracers etc going on at once. I think generally the higher performance you have, the less chance of BTW.

Occasionally a bad script will cause a BTW -eg- 2 conflicting scripts operating simultaneously or trying to change a group into 2 other groups in 2 zones simultaneously. Occasionally wierd shit also happens with certain houses that cause BTWs. Also, selecting fighters while in the air when they are already on their way to strafe a ground target will often cause a BTW. But I've never had any problem with maps that have overstepped the object "limit" by 100,000-150,000 odd objects. If it was going to cause a problem I imagine it would fail to load rather than crash when it is already loaded.
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

thanks for the tips math,well i would have to give it a go and keep my fingers crossed :) .as lama said the game will load but many objects would randomnly disappear if you really overdo it though . So nobody knows the real limit i see
Still nobody has answer my second question about "forcing" a team always to come out a certain area :)
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

viriato hat geschrieben:Still nobody has answer my second question about "forcing" a team always to come out a certain area :)
I hope you know by now why no one can answer that one ;D
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Hi ,now changing subject .i downloaded some intereisting documentaries using my p2p programme .The series is called "The German Files" and deals with the technical and historical aspects of some german vehicles like tiger ,hummel etc.The footage in some are very interesting and not shown before ,the problem is that some are dubbed in russian also without any notice in the browser so be aware that you might need some luck to get the film in the right language you want.
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

Uh.. sure.. :shock: :P
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“