civillians and more civillian vehicles in RWM? READ FIRST!!!

An place for english questions !

Do you agree?

yes
77%
no
23%

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 13

LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

civillians and more civillian vehicles in RWM? READ FIRST!!!

Beitrag von LT albrecht »

I think that more civillian vehicles in RWM would increase the realism of the mod, after all it is meant to be the "real" warfare mod. Some people may accuse me of being guilty of bad taste, in response I say this: "PWM has civillians, RCM has civillians as well, RWG has too; you don't see any mass murder missions or deliberate killings of innocent people for them do you?" I know this is a long running topic as I have seen it being discussed in the German forums with some passionate views, some people will never agree with me but they don't have to play/make maps with civillians.

Animals are fine, there are sheep and cows which make up a good amount of the animals kept at farms back then...

There are a few civillian cars and a truck but I suggest adding tractors, builder's trucks and equipment, industrial vehicles and maybe some others. This could add a new level of strategy as civillian vehicles could be "commandeered" to transport men, equipment and supplies. Increasing the value of towns all of a sudden...
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major
Beitrag von |FrEaK|Safran »

Vehicles would be great!
But don`t start to discuss about civillians!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

for me its fine if you want to use you them in single mission.
But it may affect game performance chewing AI.The other dilemma is what they would suppose to do i mean in behaviour....sit and chew straw while they watch ourselves been slaughtered in multyplayer missions.Maybe become part of the team if you "captured" them somehow
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Ok, I agree with that, set them as neutral so you have to use an officer to "requisition" their vehicles?

I am grateful to you for your yes vote safran, I will consider giving in on the civillians issue, but maybe some other infantry need to be introduced like POWs.

A list of the vehicles I would like added (please post those you would like added if you agree, if not don't):
1) Horse + cart (like the ones in LRM, PWM etc)
2) Van
3) Tractor (able to tow a plough/light ATG or AA - 20mm AA or 37mm AT)
4) Bulldozer
5) builder's truck (able to repair bridges, airfields, railways and build obstacles)
6) Fishing boat (holds a few men and has stronger armour than the rubber boat)
7) farmer's truck (is like a jeep)
8) More cars.
we shall fight them on the beaches and on the fields, we shall fight them in the streets and we shall never surrender, because there isn't a button for that :-) ) And we wont dig fortifications until SS3 =) or after it because the bastards didn't include it...
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

again good idea from u except the civillian part
LOL
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Everyone seems 2 be against the civillians but want the vehicles! Oh well, it's a crazy world so who am I to argue?
Roy
Oberst
Oberst

Beitrag von Roy »

Some discussion never dies :mrgreen:
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Of course some never die... For example "what comes first the chicken or the egg?" but this one has an answer!!!! Just use them properly. Geez, you'd think I suggested adding an SS eisnsatzgruppen unit not a civillian...
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

LT albrecht hat geschrieben:Everyone seems 2 be against the civillians but want the vehicles! Oh well, it's a crazy world so who am I to argue?
What do u think about civillians dressed as animals?!? :lol:
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

:shock: erm... maybe a sniper, but it sounds just a little crazy...
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich
Beitrag von For Real WW2 feeling »

as my name in this forum it say... i want for more realism always.
but only if that does not obstruct the gameplay
(currently not yet sufficiently realistic for me, especially for ranges shoot, but good :roll: )
and not increase the risk of lag ...

@Albrecht
...1) Horse + cart (like the ones in LRM, PWM etc)...
horses alone of RCM, yes (they move),
but surely not those of LRM (Horse + cart), they are completely static, really not realistic :wink:
Visit a very good RWM SITE (with RWM units tables & many infos & dl...)(UK)
Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

horsedrawn transport is necesarry, I know it will never look completely real but battles like failse don't make sense without german horsedrawn transport and the "cavalry" in rcm are hardly realistic as they are just infantry with higher speed; they can ride on the backs if tanks and look like normal infantry when they do, hardly realistic...

The legs may look bad but unfortunately in SS2 there's no way to animate parts like that on a vehicle (unless you could do some sort of trick with the different damage levels like the LST in PWM with the bow doors opening).
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

@LT albrecht
horsedrawn transport is necesarry, I know it will never look completely real but battles like failse don't make sense without german horsedrawn transport and the "cavalry" in rcm are hardly realistic as they are just infantry with higher speed; they can ride on the backs if tanks and look like normal infantry when they do, hardly realistic...

The legs may look bad but unfortunately in SS2 there's no way to animate parts like that on a vehicle (unless you could do some sort of trick with the different damage levels like the LST in PWM with the bow doors opening).
so, personaly i prefer not see horses at all than see static horses :wink:
Bild
LT albrecht
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

So you want RCM style cavalry which can man arty and go in houses etc but you don't want horsedrawn carts which were very common in russia, poland and agricultural (farming) reigons etc?!?!

They don't look that bad. Correct me if I'm wrong but you want realsm, right? Well the reality was that they were there and I'm sorry if they don't look that good but if you are for reality what was really there must really be there or it isn't realistic, it'd be like equipping an infantry unit exclusively with lee-enfields bren and sten guns, most of it's there but there's a lot missing... I can't remember any complaints about them in PWM!
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

it's your point of view, but if horses in RCM can return in the houses and go up on the tanks. I prefer see none of both, none static horses of LRM (robots ?) and none crasy horses of RCM ;)

but in the absolute, I still prefer those of RCM (having already to play with LRM & RCM), for me a fiew more realistic. See always the static horses is very not immerssif. it's my point of view
Bild
Gesperrt

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“