New Eastfront-Sheme ready to go!

An place for english questions !
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Beitrag von GeorgiSchukow »

Hi Cassius.
Write a Private Message to -Barbarossa-,he will send you the link to the new sheme!

mfg
GeorgiSchukow
Cassius
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Cassius »

Hi Georgi,

I did, but I don't know if he replied...the messages set up is in german and, with all due respect, I do not understand anything at all about german.

I left my e-mail on the pm, but nothing yet.

So, if anybody is prepared to help me, I will pm my e-mail address.

Thanks
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Beitrag von GeorgiSchukow »

Hey Cassius

You can change the boardlanguage in English,maybe this helps you!

mfg
GeorgiSchukow
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Matttheoz hat geschrieben:Yeah I know. Its heaps better. Just about everything in it. Problem is just that I have nearly finished a map with ss2 summer and would love the fields in it. Shite happens I spose.

I will probably use the new scheme for most future maps though.
Hi I did the same to a 384 map .I made and saved an empty summer schemme map (I only added a small object specific of summer schemme just to "grip" it)and I remebered the slot number where I put it.
I opened the map files via programmme files etc and copied the "objects" from my original map and pasted and replaced the "objects" in the new map.The result was was that you have at least 80 to 90 percent of your map in the new one.Some things are changed but in general it saves a bit of work.
I tried pasting all the files in the new map at first but I was only reproducing a summer schemme .(somehow the eastern summer reversed or transformed to summer ,I couldnot use the wheat etc ,It wasnt there)
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Yo. The first thing I did was copy it and centre it. Its there but it will take alot of work to straighten out all the terrain, objects etc. Its a 512er with quite a lot of detail and it has taken ages to get this far. The map itself is about 90% finished and unfortunately I just really don't have the time to rehash it all in the new scheme. :cry:

However, if the wheatfields would be added to the ss2 summer scheme, I could blitz those babies in and it would make a world of difference :D

At any rate, I start to develope a plan for a pure Ostfront map on the Berezina in 44 :wink: But Stalingrad comes first...
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

The problem with mine it is aleady covered about 49000 objects.one wheatfield unit is really small. :cry: Lets hope they come out with bigger volumes per unit or we will never be able to use them in a reasonable or realistic way in big maps
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

It's not *that* bad after all if you don't overlap the field "units":

Bild

I copied the biggest field to see how many objects it consists of; it's about 3000 objects and covers ~4 1/2 editor screens. Overall I have without the copied field ~11k objects on the map already, but the remaining objects should be plenty to fill the map, even if I decide to fill the whole middle with wheat fields. The dimensions of the mission are ~180x320 btw. I was going for a 384x384 first, but with overlapping fields along the pine forests I was close to ~40k objects already, so I went for a smaller size and different shape.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

You mean using the whaetfield unit square by square in the cells?Not overlapping them.But i still have 49000 objects already or more in the original map ...its a 384x384
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

A cell can be divided by four; since a tree for example takes up 1/4th of a cell. Now, one field "unit" also takes up 1/4th of the whole cell, so it can be placed 4 times in one cell, making them overlap and have a better visual outcome, like tijn said.

When I made the first screenshot with all the objects and getting close to the limit, I had overlapping fields. The latest one is not overlapping anymore, reducing it greatly (only ~1/4th of the overlapping field).
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“