rwm7 b4\E "EAST FRONT SUMMER" SCHEMME english

An place for english questions !
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

rwm7 b4\E "EAST FRONT SUMMER" SCHEMME english

Beitrag von viriato »

Hi .
I thought it would be wise to open this thread to allow english spoken or none german speakers to report ,consult,participate, give opinions etc etc if you are into map making and you have the new summer schemme.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

I have a few reports to make .
As you began to use the "free objects" some of the textures appear in light blue or white in the minimap witch looks a bit "soaring" or really stand out .
About the famous Wheat field ,i thought it would be bigger ,not just the size of a cell.You must think wheat fields in reality are quite big and it would save time creating some bigger sizes perhaps 4 to 8 cells or squares.
And as Matheoz says in the annoncement it is a pity not to use it in the standard "summer schemme" whitch means we have to start from scratch if we want to incorporate it.
On the other hand most of the stuff really looks nice (I like the destroyed vehicles).
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

viriato hat geschrieben: About the famous Wheat field ,i thought it would be bigger ,not just the size of a cell.You must think wheat fields in reality are quite big and it would save time creating some bigger sizes perhaps 4 to 8 cells or squares.
You can do this yourself just by making a wheatfield "block" of say 10x10 cells (or as big as you want), then saving it and just continually loading it and placing it instead of always placing single cells. Heaps quicker :wink:
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Matttheoz hat geschrieben:
viriato hat geschrieben: About the famous Wheat field ,i thought it would be bigger ,not just the size of a cell.You must think wheat fields in reality are quite big and it would save time creating some bigger sizes perhaps 4 to 8 cells or squares.
You can do this yourself just by making a wheatfield "block" of say 10x10 cells (or as big as you want), then saving it and just continually loading it and placing it instead of always placing single cells. Heaps quicker :wink:
you mean create a new map to create wheat save it and then load it to you r map ...well it is an idea .
well here is something i found whitch i dislike most,
It is in the Roads section. The new roads the YELLOW ones.They really look snow roads on the summer.
If someone told me how to make a "capture" of a map i would upload it for evry one to see.
About the infamous wheatfield subject again ....it is the coloring ,maybe slightly darker would be better as it really sticks out in the normal palette(artist jargon ehehehehe) of the landscape
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

I mean just saving a block of wheat cells as an object (.lbl file) and just using that. Don't need to open any new maps.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

hi .i must be doing something wrong then .i save a small block of wheat but when i try to insert it on the map i dont get any where.i do not know what button to press.if i click centre it goes to the centre of the map.I dont want that.i get as far as seeing the pink square where i want the heap but nothing else. :cry:
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

CTRL
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Secrets of the trade me boy :wink: . Just kidding. Hold down 'Strg'. That'll be 50 euros...
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

God damn that was fast Lama :lol: . Yeah Ctrl if you haven't got a german keyboard :lol:
Lamafarmer

Beitrag von Lamafarmer »

I wonder what it's called in France :shock: CTRÖL ;D
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Got it ...pff Saves me from sending my index finger to early retirment after all the clicking.thanks
hOW DO YOU CAPTURE A FRAME by the way :wink:
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

hi again .I think i know one reason why the infamous "cornflakes" look sometimes so out of place and it is because it doesnt PROJECT ANY SHADE .If you add a house or tree any where else there is a shadow casted on any other ground which is natural or looks natural.
There is a minor "blue"cornflake in the "horizontal objects" which i suppose it was meant for the task but it directed only in one direction and it looks too poor.( i whish somebody told me how to take a picture or frame of a scaenario so I could show it graphicaly)
If this isnt solved properly many commonsensed mapmakers will simply forget adding the cornflkes in the maps.
I would use the cornflakes with restrain at the moment with their actual design if you do not want to make the game look unrealistic.At the moment it is like walking in a thin white phantom yellow fog
I excuse myself for being so naggy but i think I should say it
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

maybe lower the wheatfield half the size? if it is possible
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

viriato hat geschrieben: I would use the cornflakes with restrain
:lol:

They are a bit bright but they have a great texture I reckon. Can't match it with anything else cos it all just looks too flat
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“