airfield landing problem

An place for english questions !
Antworten
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

airfield landing problem

Beitrag von viriato »

Hi .I have been trying to use the newbie thread to explain my problem but it seems to be impossible to post a reply there .( it simply runs out of time).
I am making a map where I have built an airfield .most of the planes are ok .They take off and land when you give them the order to" return".but some other times they will fly in circles for ages especially the transport type ,or they would simply run out fuel and crash even when i give them the order a hundred times.I have given them experience ,about 30, and i think i made the correct construction that is air territory take off and landing spots aimed in the right direction plus the hangars. Is this situation "normal" or am i doing something wrong?
Wolfman
Mannschaften
Mannschaften
Beitrag von Wolfman »

Viriato,

Many times I experienced the same problem, so far nobody could find a reliable solution/explanation for this. It is well known that airfields have this bug and U can do nothing about it.
I had another bad experience to tell: after an airplane is landed after a succesfull bombing it can't be repaired or but ammo and fuel in it or it wont fly anymore if U gave the bombing commnand again.

Cheers,
Suka
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von Suka »

i have noticed that with bombers when u use bombs u cant land but if u dont use u can land...
so maybe its with transorters also like that if u dont drop cargo u can land?!?
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

Don't mess around with aircraft AFTER they have executed their task (ie- don't give a bomber any more orders once it has dropped its bombs, or a scout plane once it has started scouting etc).

If you do, it generally loses its hangar slot at the airfield. The slot will stay occupied and can no longer be used.

Best is to give a chain command on the minimap before the plane takes off or atleast before it does its' task.
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

You mean let it land till next order or chain orders before taking off.ok
Langemarck
Schütze
Schütze
Beitrag von Langemarck »

Yes mattheoz is right, but the problem is fighter bombers need orders when they are in the sky sometimes, rocket planes and some other planes sometimes need to fire more than one time which makes them circle around the target, so you have to press stop.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“