An place for english questions !
Antworten
dzamburu
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

ss3 DEMO

Beitrag von dzamburu »

Have you try the demo ?

I don't like it. It does not have a soul as in ss2, hs and specially in rwm. I think they keep trying to connect somehow games of sudden strike types and games of call of duty types in a one game. I don't understand why but it look like it to me.

Also, who knows how complicated map editor will be.

Anyway it does not look playable to me and graphic is somehow moon-like. Minimum hardware configuration is also to high for the game of this type which almost meets Call of Duty 4 requirements.

At the moment rwm is far, far in the front, regarding the way of realism which is, for dedicated sudden players, more important than boom-boom spectacle in Call of Duty game.

This was about my impressions after testing the ss3 demo.
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Beitrag von GeorgiSchukow »

We have got our own Demo-Thread in here!

And as bonus-info:There is no Editor planned yet
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major
Beitrag von |FrEaK|Safran »

Oh, we gonna kick asses!
RWM 7.1 is planned for developement.
If we dont get an editor, we gonna hack it :twisted: :lol:
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

I agree ,i played the 2 demos so far and it lacks dinamism.it resembles "Frontline attack" but this is better.i suppose its all the "fashion" of converting everything to 3D.I have just downloaded the Theatre of war for example and I find it interesting but 3d so far you pay a "price" You can only handle few units or "group " of units and chews up a lot of AI and graphics.and worse most of the only Advantage of these games is that you can turn the scenarios and get near the characters.And so what?You end up commanding patrols
I think ss3 would have been better if they had skipped the 3d alltogetther and enhaced the ss2 graphics.For example scaled a bit bigger the units ,with more chance of putting more detail,( i find the infantery units for example in ss2 a bit small for the standards of today)or even make them more realistic "photographic" without losing there dinamism.Computers are far more powerful nowdays and stand a lot of shit.well anyway better 2d graphics instead of 3d.
|FrEaK|Safran
Major
Major
Beitrag von |FrEaK|Safran »

Yeeeha SS2 with a screen res. of 2560x1920 :twisted:
Would be great :wink:
Nix Signatur, wir haben Weltwirtschaftskrise, da wird an ALLEM gespart, egal wie unsinnig es auch ist ;P
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Beitrag von GeorgiSchukow »

8) would be fine 8)
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

and far cheaper.the only thing important would be improve graphics in 2d.I tried yesterday theatre of war demo again and same problem .Looks great at the beginning ...you begin to "fly" into the landscape and see your units in all directions but the more they come in it becomes a mess and you end up forced to see everything from a higher level to be able to control all the units.and the game performance becomes slow unless you have a pwerful I mean pwerful pc.I prefer to play RO or even call of duty for 3d "first person " I mean.It would be a sad to see ss3 become another of those games you buy and play once or twice and goodbye.
i think somebody or group or whathaveyou ought to retake the idea or "adapt" the original engine to nowdays and launch it
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“