Map description: Hexenkessel

An place for english questions !
Antworten
Admiral-Krause
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Map description: Hexenkessel

Beitrag von Admiral-Krause »

Here is the description of my scripted map Hexenkessel v 3.7 and follows.
I hope you comment here, so i can improve it (mostly balancing)

Its a 4 vs 4 on a 300 x 300 tiles map.

Bild

The germans start near the bridges which they must pass to enter the city. They have amored vehicles at start with infantry to get access over the whole city. They have to guard the city at all costs, and if they loose to much of it, they loose at all. But if they stand 2 hours they win. The Allys start around the city in north-west, north, north-east and east. They start with paratroopers and material in transporters at start. My advice is to take the southern zep, or the eastern or the railway station in the city. Later they get tanks as the germans also get. Allys have more tanks and must try to capture the city. After 1 hour the germans can try to break out and try to get contact to a near battlegroup. If they succeed they get access to Kingtigers. If they try to escape to early, the Führer will be angry because he declared this city to fortress. For achieving the goal to smash the enemy both sides have Artillery. The germans moreover habe one Sturmtiger and for each player one Nebelwerfer. But they lack of ammunition so dont waste it. I have seen one game where the Sturmtiger was forced to fight with MG cause he dont had any single shot left. The Allys himself have air support except their paratroopers failed in their mission. They need the Bombers to destroy germans heavy tanks.

Nations for Ally vs Germans (Germans must start south-east)

Germany = Wehrmacht
Japan = Waffen SS (less infantry troops but better tanks)
USA = US Army starting with parachutes
GB = British Army starting with parachutes
USSR = US Army with fewer tanks but with strong polish parachutes (+ 1 air transport, including Bazooka troopers and 1 mortar, later -4 tanks)

And because the map is scripted plz dont play it or host it if you dont like such expirements. I made this map for a challenge but often i saw people who simply quit.

Another tip: Search for tanks on the battlefield! 8)
In 3.7 its Ally T1
Gabriele
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von Gabriele »

Where i can download this and others maps?
Admiral-Krause
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von Admiral-Krause »

You find Multiplayer and other maps on the Homepage of

www.sudden-strike-maps.de

There also maps on:
http://www.strateticgames.de/community/hmportal.php

And the most RWM Maps you can download directly from the switcher when map is hosted.

Or you directly download them if they are postet in Forum.

My Map for example:
http://www.sudden-strike-2-maps.de/phpB ... php?id=387
Bild
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

looks nice.i have been offline for sometime but its the sma problem again.i also tried to "personlize " a game .it was a bourgebous map with americans and british troops had to take the bourgebous heights near normandy.i read everything about the battle and tried to make a closest recreaton of the battle.it was a flop.as you said they quit.i think is better to make a balanced recreaton .First problem is the nations coming out the "side you want " which is very difficult and depends on alleatory facts with the primitive su engine.you cannot control it.i f i were you try to "even" the map.i mean i see bridges on one side as starting point?and cliffs at the other side wich means maybe terrain is not balanced.give both sides the same chances.coming out from side cliffs would be more advantage than from bridges many would say.maybe come out from the sides ,they all have the same oportunities.about "timing"events unless you clearly specify in a VERY SIMPLE LANGUAGE in the intro to all the players you are bound to have confussion .The problem arises specially in what you expect to happen without considering what the others expect to see.Try to get into a players mind who sees your map for the first time and try to see how he would get along or react before making any preconsidered ideas.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“