Help with my briefs

An place for english questions !
Antworten
Von Mekintop

Help with my briefs

Beitrag von Von Mekintop »

Hello all, just downloaded the mod and thought i should say, excellent work! I am really impressed. One thing i am going to have to ask though is how do i create a briefing for a single player mission? Could you please run me through the set up. Thanks :shock:
nevux
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Beitrag von nevux »

Click on 'mission options' in the menu-bar and select 'messages'.

This will prompt a screen that allows to you create different text-messages, that can also be coupled with various sound-files.

To prompt the message ingame, you will need to create a trigger for that specific message/sound, that defines the exact conditions for the event.

Go to: Mission options --> Scripts, and select 'new script'. Here you can create a script, using lines according to the desired script-structure.

For instance..

If you would like a military briefing to appear, immediately after starting the game, this would require the following script design:

First entry field:

Mission start

Second entry field

Turn off this trigger
Say phrase xxxx

That's it.

You can also create more complex scripts, that are triggered by location-based events (units of group x in location x, etc)

I hope this helps.
Von Mekintop

Thanks for the help, i was also wondering how you add the big arrows to the pre-battle briefing screen.
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Yeah I am askiig the same question.if you look at the newbie editors guide i have the same question.i think there must be a tutorial for that...Heelp!!!
Von Mekintop

Cool, thanks for the help. Just wondering where would i find ammo crates with ammo in them for the editor? I cant seem to find them. :shock:
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Ammocrates are in the "unit" section you can find them in the "special special" box.
Make sure you put as "neutral" on the map otherwise they can be cosidered enemy too for your soldiers.
Cassius
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Cassius »

Does this help?
Dateianhänge
Sudden Strike 2 Briefing Editor.doc
(537.5 KiB) 504-mal heruntergeladen
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“