testing a new map

An place for english questions !
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

testing a new map

Beitrag von viriato »

hi i am enclosing a "rough sketch" of a single player map its still not finished yet...there is alot of stuff to be added but basically i have done about 70 percent.needs better intro etc etc.iforgot to add the town in the middle "objective" i need comments...just play it and tell me.big map
Dateianhänge
(RWM6.7) PROKORVKA 41ssm.zip
(996.66 KiB) 343-mal heruntergeladen
mr.WujekDobraRada
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von mr.WujekDobraRada »

Map is good.In my opinion you should give artilery and more troops
for geramans at the begining(they must be stornger).When i crossed
mine field i almost lost all my units.Motiv with Kathusha is great:)
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Hi well Ithink you have a heavy reinf of panzergranadiers if you come down to 50 units.also you have pioneers and 3 antitankmines vehicles.You have 2 howitzers .If you cross over the weatfields you get reinf too.watch out for 2 airstrikes on the airfield thats why i send aa before to protect the strip you must repair the fields to get your planes on the air..As i said its only a rough sketch I need to add in info and i havent worked on the final target prokorovka at extrene end of the map.
try to get the town on the top right and the one in the middle more or less .hehehe
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Beitrag von GeorgiSchukow »

I will take a look at that map soon :wink:
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Maybe wait till i finish.Its tricky to have only have 1000 units at a time for each team.i think i found a way around it and thats add neutral units and at a certain trigger transfer them to enemy.also add the condition "and less (number) than active units enemy on the map for other reasons.
I am working on the final stage.
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

I have only played about 15 minutes,so this is not my final comment:

I would give you a "B-" for the design of the landscape,because the cities are very undetailed,they look like cities out of a painting.But the other parts of the map are fine detailled.

You should hardly work on the script,because the map starts with a lot of messages and a lot of messages like "mines" and "attack here" - I did not even recognize,WHERE these things are.

So at the moment I would say: C
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

here is a beta final shukov.the other was not anything
Dateianhänge
(RWM6.7) Prokohorovka beta 1.zip
(1004.94 KiB) 288-mal heruntergeladen
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Historically the russian tows were not really towns just small villages ;hamlets the only important one was prohkorovka it had a train station.And it leaded to kursk The germans attacked west to east their target to advance and beyond this town but they were surprised by the defensive system .defend and destroy tactic.most of the german tanks were bogged down ,ambushed and killed by small antitank units.The russains ddnt have stalins at the time, the strongest thing thay had was the kv so they used their units in large numbers at close range.russian numbers were bigger too.In the general battle of kursk germans were about 900000 against 1300000 russians.
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Thank you Viriato,I will test it and then upload it for my page if you allow it :!: :?: :wink:
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Hi better try this one maybe final on suka.I improvd the info added sounds chaanged some reinf and units maybe its the final and yes iyou can put on your site. :) I can send the editors map and mission if its agreed to make a mission for the new rwm too
Dateianhänge
(RWM6.7) Prokohorovka beta 4.zip
(1006.47 KiB) 274-mal heruntergeladen
GeorgiSchukow
Generalleutnant
Generalleutnant

Okay,I will add it tomorrow,please keep me up to date!
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

well this maybe afinalone i made some changes on reinf ..more sounds etc.enjoy..i noticed a problem in the centre town is fixed..i was getting enemy units dragging at from another area ...etc you get reinf if you take a town etc
Dateianhänge
(RWM6.7) Prokohorovka 1ssm.zip
(1006.9 KiB) 278-mal heruntergeladen
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

Heres a tip...try and take the town in the middle.Go down near the river slowly ....use a couple of pioners on the ground and mine cleaner a sniper or 2.avoid the houses on the bottom as you go down.try not to be spotted otherwise you get a pounding from hoiws.create a "pasage" cleanened of mines.but be careful with snipers and try to to get to a small empty hill near the big forest in front of bogorod.Infiltrate as many units as you can through this passage.it a weak spot.but then after that prepare for hell....hehehe.if you put a foot on the town you get heavy reinf but....heheheh
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

No comments? :(
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

There is sometthing people should know and it is that a germann infantry unit was based on the heavy machine gun .i explain one hevy "spandau" and 5 riflemen maybe 3 shmitsss and a sargeant..But it was all fire power the heavy machine gune was the fire power and the rest was to cover this unit.thats why there was so succesful .the riflemen were at the flanks and the light machines guns for cleaning tasks but the principal gunn was the machine gun.10 men at most per unit.
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“