RWM 6.8 status- and discussion thread

An place for english questions !
Matttheoz
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: RWM 6.8 status- and discussion thread

Beitrag von Matttheoz »

LongRifle hat geschrieben: T34/76 fires too fast in ss2. turret was a two man crew......fast tank, but slow fire rate.
yep, thats true. could be slowed down a bit. the fact the commander served as the gunner aswell plus the shitty optics/low accuracy were the only reason german pz IIIs and IVs even had a chance of getting round to the flank or rear of a t34 to knock it out.
Ich hasse nichts mehr als panzer, die in der Gegend herumstehen. Panzer müssen rollen! - Der Panzergraf, Graf von Strachwitz
LongRifle
Mannschaften
Mannschaften

Beitrag von LongRifle »

Yes....just a dream........
Marlboro
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Marlboro »

Greetings!

Long Rifle suggested tank wrecks should remain on the map longer until moved by other vehicles, i don't know if the game engine can take this, but i have an idea on how to make it happen.
Make crew more vulnerable, so if they all die inside the tank, the empty tank will remain on the battlefield until recovered, or its hit points drop to 0. How ever strong the tank armor is, the crew is still soft and squishy, what are the chances for the crew to survive a in a Tiger with only 100 hit points out of its total.
I think this may add a new dimension to the game play as well, capturing more enemy equipment and tanks needing more attention on the battlefield. Also can you make crew gain more experience during game? Currently there is no significant experience gain in tank crews.

I think Russian APCs are missing firepower compared to German ones, i'd suggest adding the Kosmolets tractor with the 57mm L\73 mounted on it, i don't know if it could be a tank destroyer or an armored apc, anyway the model is present in a Blitzkrieg mod, somewhere on this forum.

Speaking of ww2 prototypes, check these ones out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T29_Heavy_Tank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T30_Heavy_Tank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-28_Super_Heavy_Tank

USA would really need those, erm excepte the T28 perhaps, bit the T29 T30 and T34 heavy tank prototypes would be great for USA.
Realistically the M26 90mm gun and its variants installed on tank destroyers were similar to the KwK 36 only the Super Pershing had a long barrel (L\73) 90mm gun similar to the King tiger's Kwk 43
Bild
For Real WW2 feeling
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

Beitrag von For Real WW2 feeling »

For Real WW2 feeling hat geschrieben:(...)but RWM (so far in all cases) certainly not a "Vanilla game" (as a lot basic games or as HS2)...
But if the babies insist, it eventually perhaps become this ... :twisted:
When I say that they insist... with their prototypes! :roll:
Visit a very good RWM SITE (with RWM units tables & many infos & dl...)(UK)
Bild
Marlboro
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Marlboro »

RWM is made to enhance SS2 in evrey way possible and it does that very well, sound, effects, damage values and so on...

Realistic ww2 units can't be made in RWM or in any other ww2 game so it would mimic the actual ww2 armored formations. That would mean USA should have poor tanks in comparisson to german ones and only win RWM style battle thru overwhelming superiority or overwhelming air support.

I don't know why but every nations wants to test their prototypes in actual combat, good examples are the Sturer Emil, Tiger 1, Panther, M26 Pershing, Is 1, T-44 and a lot of military hardware prior to ww2 and post ww2 have been tested in combat when ever was possible, any military technology from a new type a bullet to a tank, or a plane was rushed to be tested in combat as soon as possible.

Let's take into considerations the number of units produced, would you call the Jagdtiger a mass produced unit, or say it was in series production when some 40-50 units were produced and those units had 2 different types of suspensions installed, different optics and so on? Same discussion on Sturmtiger, they are in RWM, but how often do you see them in MP games? Sturmtiger - never Jagdtiger - almost never Kingtiger 1 per player or not at all, Elefant 1 per player or 1 per team, these vehicles saw very little combat in comparison with PzIV, Tiger, T34, Panther or Sherman.

Some prototypes were tested in combat like the T-44(during ww2), but never got to series production either because the war was over, would interrupt the flow of production, needed new crew trainning or something better was developed, in this case it was a combination of factors, although the T-44 was better in every aspect then the T34, including cost and production times only 200 were made and the T-44 inspired the creation of the T54\55.

So why shouldn't the modders choose "prototypeish" units to add in order to enhance the game play?

Want to find out more about prototype use in combat? Check out the KV1 and KV2 use in the Winter War, Sturer Emil at Stalingrad, Super Pershing on western front.
-Barbarossa-
* SSM - General * (Administrator)

Beitrag von -Barbarossa- »

Save ur energy for other discussions daffy - no more prototypes in RWM - Like I allready said 2-3 times. Only thing u will see is that existing prototypes dissapear like the US M6 heavy tank or the british Churchill Black Prince.
Sure, prototypes are interesting and they would give more varity but on the other hand its fuckn sure that mappers would use them like Ferdinand or even Tiger-II.
So its really the last word - no to prototype-tanks or half prototypes which hardly see any combat at all.
Im kind of sorry to end this disscussion with this comment but it was decided long time ago now that we wont add more prototypes and there are other points which are much more interesting like ur Is-2 mod.43 idea for example.
Das Leben ist kein Frankreichfeldzug.
RWM auf Twitter folgen! https://twitter.com/RWM_Barbarossa
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

I have an idea.

It will be much better when you could change the towing abilities in RWM. I have played in an RWM SP map I was very angry becouse the kleines kettenkrad could tow the le.Fh 18. The Opel Blitz could tow the s.Fh.18 and so on. It isn't real. In real history every gun had a special artillery tractor. For example 2 cm Flak 38 can be towed with light trucks. But the s.FH. 18 could be towed by Sd.Kfz 6, 7, 8, 9 artillery tractors. The Sd.Kfz.10 was a light tractor. It could tow smaller or medium guns. The Sd.kfz.11 was a medium artillery tractor and these tractors were used by the german le.FH.18 batteries.
In RWM the towing system is very simple and unhistorical.

Every nation had spőecial trucks to towing guns. For example the soviet B-4 heavy howitzers were towed by the S-65 Sztalinyec tractors, Komintern or Voroshilovetz tractors. In the sudden mods the 2.5-3 T soviet trucks can tow this howitzer-moster.

Greetings!
Bild
-Barbarossa-

Thats true but the problem is, we dont have proper models for all the important trucks and halftrack-trailers. Thats the reason, the existing vehicles have to do towing jobs which they were in reality not made for.
We will think about a better solution.
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

In other mds there are lot of models for every trucks. Som emods are ttally crazy about tractrs, becouse they didn't know them.
For example in the original Sudden Strike II you can see a REAL Sd.Kfz11. (Medium artillery tractors which were used to towing 105 mm le.Fh18. later called a version Sd.Kfz.11/5 which were used to tow the 15 and 21 cm nebelwerfers afetr 1943. This Sd.Kfz11/5 is the Sd.kfz11 supply in "Hidden heroes of might and magic stroke". But I think you can convert this Sd.kfz11/5 supply to tractor.

And search for trucks for all nations.

Don't searching new models in every price. The old good games and mods are full of real models. :aaa7

But be careful with Liberation 2.75 models. They are nice models in this game, but lot of models have bugs. For example the Opel Blitz 3.6-36SM Maultier has a totally bad caterpillar in Liberation 2.75.

Greetings! If you need advice or information about ww2 trucks just write me.
Oh, let me show you an Opel-Blitz 3.6-36S/SSM fueltruck in RCM2.8. The germans used Maultiers to carry fuelbarrels for refuel german tanks. Fueltruck "Kesselkraftwagen" were used by Luftwaffe only.

See the real caterpillars. It is a homemade model, but it seems to real. You can use it for Maultier ammo supply too.
Dateianhänge
maultier_lőszeres szürke.jpg
maultier_lőszeres szürke.jpg (80.1 KiB) 7385 mal betrachtet
Bild
Buffy_swe
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Buffy_swe »

I was wondering if there would be any Finnish units? I think it would be quite nice.
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Buffy_swe hat geschrieben:I was wondering if there would be any Finnish units? I think it would be quite nice.

Look at the AXPRM SSRW topic. ;)
Bild
-Barbarossa-

Yup, gladly there are other mods which take care of these nations! ;)
RWM for SuSt 2.2 wont be able to take a look on these minor armies.
HunButyok
Leutnant
Leutnant

Beitrag von HunButyok »

Buffy_swe hat geschrieben:I was wondering if there would be any Finnish units? I think it would be quite nice.
If you are swedish I have a surprise for you: there are swedish volunteers in AXPRM. :D
Bild
Buffy_swe
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Buffy_swe »

Ha! that is very cool! Thanks for that info!! Do they have swedish voices? Im no nazi or anything, but i think it really nice that the game has grown so detailed that it actually includes volounters from sweden and from different nations. And also "whole" armies from smaller nations like finland. That is one of the things that make this game so much better than the other ww2 strategy games!
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“