Tanks used att the third battle of Charkow

An place for english questions !
Antworten
Buffy_swe
Schütze
Schütze

Tanks used att the third battle of Charkow

Beitrag von Buffy_swe »

Im making a new map that is the third battle of Charkow. Im have tried to be as historicly correct as possible and have looked at maps and stuff like that :aaa7

but one thing bugs me... I know that panzer 4, stugs, t34 and some other tanks were used, but was the tiger tank in this perticular battle? I have looked at google and wikipedia.. and im not certain.

would apreciate any anwers! Thx!
/Buffy
mr.WujekDobraRada
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Re: Tanks used att the third battle of Charkow

Beitrag von mr.WujekDobraRada »

Infromations:
[edit] Kharkov
In January-February 1943, Großdeutschland and XLVIII.Panzerkorps, along with the II SS Panzer Corps took part in the Third Battle of Kharkov. The division fought alongside the 1.SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler, 2.SS Division Das Reich and 3.SS Division Totenkopf during these battles. After the fall of Kharkov, the Großdeutschland was again pulled back and refitted. At this time, the division was equipped with a company of Tiger 1s, an unusual addition making GD the only Panzergrenadier division to have its own heavy tanks, and the only non-Waffen SS division at that time to have its own Tigers (they were normally deployed in independent heavy tank battalions
TIgers:
schwere Kompanie was formed for Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland on 13 January 1943 and received a total of nine Tiger I and ten Pz.Kpfw.III. The company was sent to the Eastern Front in February 1943 and in May received six additional Tigers to upgrade it to the new organization.

On 1 July 1943 the unit was renamed as the 9.Kompanie/Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland and at the start of the Kursk offensive on 5 July, the company had 14 out of 15 Tigers operational. None of those were lost during the battle.

Next tigers
Schwere SS Panzer Kompanien (SS-PzRgt.1, 2, and 3)
Effective on 15 November 1942, three schwere Panzer Kompanien were established, one each for SS-Panzer Regiments 1, 2 and 3. Each Kompanie was to have nine Tigers and ten Pz.Kpfw.III. A total of 28 Tigers and 30 Pz.Kpfw.III were issued in December 1942 and January 1943. Sent to the Eastern Front, all three companies took part in the Manstein's counter offensive to retake Kharkov in February March 1943 in which they lost five Tigers.

An order dated 22 April 1943 authorized these three companies to be upgraded to 14 Tigers and by this same order the three companies became an organic part of the schwere Panzer Abteilung of the I.SS-Panzer Korps. However, the three companies remained with their Regiments at the front. In May 1943, 17 Tigers were shipped to the front bringing the total to 13 with the 13.sKp/SS-PzRgt.1, 14 with the sKp/SS-PzRgt.2, and 15 with the 9.Kp/SS-PzRgt.3.

For more inf check this site http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/tigers-02.htm

do you make winter map? Sorry that I made this topic twice.
Buffy_swe
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Buffy_swe »

Thx a lot! You helped me very much!
Buffy_swe
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Buffy_swe »

Hehe no problem.. well it's a spring map.... When i read about the battle the snow had started to melt so there wasn't much snow in the city Charkow, but outside some snow was left i think... I haven't added any snow on my map...but maybe i should add a little snow i guess. I think it was a lot of melted snow...like mud, thats why they wanted to be "in" the city and fight..

I have tried to attach a screenshot from the map, hope you can see it!
Thx again
Dateianhänge
Charkow.bmp
Charkow.bmp (2.25 MiB) 5771 mal betrachtet
mr.WujekDobraRada
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Beitrag von mr.WujekDobraRada »

There were a lot of snow.Check this site(photos from battle) http://images.google.pl/imgres?imgurl=h ... n%26um%3D1

Map looks good.When you gonna finish it?
Buffy_swe
Schütze
Schütze

Beitrag von Buffy_swe »

Hi! Thanks for the pictures!
Well i will have to add some snow now, but the maps itself is finished. I looked at this clip from the battle at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTBSm516IMk

Seems like there was not so much left snow in the citycentre but outside and in the city suburbs there was a lot of snow.
I will add snow here and there tough in the city centre.. and much more in the suburbs. All the scripting is almost finished as well, so I think everything will be finished soon
Thanks
/Buffy
viriato
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von viriato »

pity they took away the snow textures from the russian summer scheme :( from the editor
Antworten

Zurück zu „English Sudden Strike Forum“